10 Non-Scary Ways to Craft with Kids for Halloween

October 7th, 2013 posted by Sherri Osborn

Some people look forward to Halloween because they like being scared. They enjoy the thought of ghosts, ghouls, and other things that might go bump in the night. Many looked forward to all of the frights this holiday glorifies.

10 Non-Scary Ways to Craft with Kids for Halloween

Others enjoy the holiday but not all of the frightful things that may go with it.  This is especially true when it come to kids.  For those kids, and maybe some adults, these not-so-scary Halloween craft projects will be a fun way to celebrate.

Pumpkins on a Fence

1 – Pumpkins on a Fence @ The Kid’s Fun Review

Use your imagination, some popsicle sticks, and some paper to make an amazing Halloween scene.

Paper Plate Black Cat

2 – Paper Plate Black Cat @ Crafts by Amanda

This sweet, black cat certainly won’t scare a soul – unless you want him to!

button and ribbon pumpkins

3 – Button and Ribbon Pumpkins @ Toddler Approved

Have fun decorating paper pumpkins using colorful craft supplies.

Candy Corn Necklace Craft

4 – Candy Corn Necklace Craft @ TippyToe Crafts

This fun candy corn craft is made by painting a paper plate and cutting it into eighths.

Counting Down to Halloween

5 – Counting Down to Halloween @ Make and Takes

All you need to make this fun countdown craft is paper, some tape, and some glue.

Colored Glittered Pasta Pumpkins

6 – Colored & Glittered Pasta Pumpkins @ Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas

Learn how to color noodles and then use them to create this sparkling pumpkin.

Pumpkin Pie Playdough

7 – Pumpkin Pie Playdough @ Tinker Lab

You just might have everything you need to make this sweet play dough in your kitchen.

Halloween Bean Mosaic

8 – Halloween Bean Mosaic @ Crack of Dawn Crafts

Use cardboard shapes as the base for this project and a variety of beans to create the characters.

Sticky Paper Scarecrows

9 – Sticky Paper Scarecrows @ Teach Preschool

It is easy to build a scarecrow when you make it on clear Con-Tact paper.

Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin

10 – Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin Craft @ Free Kids Crafts

Make a fun pumpkin picture using little more than glue and pumpkin seeds.

Not everything related to Halloween has to be scary. Hopefully several of these non-scary Halloween crafts will appeal to your kids.  If you want to explore more family fun, check out these 15 Fall Activities Your Kids Will Love.

Sherri Osborn
Sherri Osborn (9 Posts)

Sherri has enjoyed crafting her entire life and has over 15 years experience in designing craft projects and writing and editing for Web sites, blogs, and print publications. Currently, most of her time is spent on her blog About Family Crafts. Over the years, she has tried many different craft techniques and supplies and she loves sharing her creative discoveries and love of crafting with everyone. On a more personal note, Sherri has been married to her high school sweetheart for over 25 years, she has 3 grown children she is very proud of, and 4 amazing grandkids.

• Pingback: 20 Festive Halloween Treats You Can Make at Home | FamilyCorner.com®

• nandarebello

Recently I was really, really low on money and debts were eating me from all sides! That was UNTIL I decided to make money.. on the internet! I went to surveymoneymaker dot net, and started filling in surveys for cash, and surely I’ve been far more able to pay my bills! I’m so glad, I did this! – h5pu

Featured Contributor

Cindy Rowe
Cindy Rowe (7 Posts)

Cindy Rowe is the owner/editor of Crazylou Creations blog. On the blog, you will find a little bit of crazy, and a whole lot of fun! As a FT working mother, she still finds time to create crafts, play around in the kitchen, plan parties and exercise. You'll find all of this and more on her blog!

Contests & Giveaways

Win Fun Stuff!

Check out all the fun goodies we are
giving away here!

Featured Giveaway

***WE HAVE A WINNER!**** Our #2 Anonymous Poster says: What an awesome giveaway! I’d love to win this and give it to my grandkids for Christmas! Thanks for the giveaway  […]   READ ARTICLE

Giveaways change every couple of weeks, so be sure to check back often.

Coming up!

Orange Carrot Less-Drip Ice Pops
OrangeCarrotIcePop feature

Parents are always looking for ways to sneak some vegetables into their child’s diet. Well, unless your kids are avid carrot lovers, just call these orange ice pops — they’ll […]