11 Sports Crafts for Father’s Day

May 20th, 2013 posted by Sherri Osborn

11 Sports Crafts for Father's Day by Sherri Osborn for FamilyCorner.com

Father’s Day will be here before you know it! Have you thought about what you will give your dad, or any other special guy in your life, in honor of this special day?  There’s nothing that says “I love you” more than taking the time to craft something special for him.

If you are still looking for a gift idea, and your dad is a sports fan, this list of sports craft ideas may be just what you need.  Even if you already have a gift for dad, you might want to make him one of these unique gifts.

1. Father’s Day “Tee-rrific” Gift Idea

If your dad likes to golf, present him with this bag full of tees that is topped off with printable tags. You can pick between 3 different color schemes.

2. Dad’s Cap Note Holder

Discover how easy it is to make a desktop ball cap dad can use to hold special notes. It’s easy to craft using a Styrofoam ball, craft foam, and a few other basic craft supplies. Paint it using the colors of your dad’s favorite team.

3. Football Picture Holder Craft

If dad is a football fan, he will be delighted with this fun picture holder. The football is made out of a Styrofoam oval that is painted, and it is transformed into a picture holder using pieces of 18 gauge wire.

4. Shrink Plastic Baseball Charms

Use the directions and printable templates shared here to make these baseball charms and then use them create a keychain for your dad. You can even write a special message on them.

5. Crossed Hockey Sticks

Any dad who is a hockey fan will appreciate receiving these handcrafted hockey sticks. You can attach them to a magnet, glue them to a frame, or affix them to the front of a father’s Day card.

6. Sports Ball Ornaments

Perfect for hanging from the rear view mirror or on his office door knob, these sports ball ornaments are fun to make and great to give.

7. Bobbleheads

Dad will love to display this bobble head on his desk when it is personalized with a picture of his favorite kid. While the one pictured here is a football player, you could change it to go with other sports.

8. Laced Footballs

Kids will have a lot of fun lacing up these paper footballs and giving them to dad. He will be pleased to get this fun gift, especially if you stuff it with his favorite candies.

9. Sports fanatic Father’s Day Picture

You can help your little ones make this framed picture to give as a Father’s Day gift that features footballs made from their footprints and basketballs made from their handprints.

10. Fisherman’s Survival Kit

Next time dad goes fishing, he will be prepared for anything if you make him one of these fun survival kits.

11. Baseball Bookends

While kids will need some adult help using the tools needed to make these bookends, all of the effort will be well worth it when you see the look of delight on dad’s face when they are presented to him.

Here are some more sports related crafts for dad from FamilyCorner.com!

Salt Dough Sport Magnets
Salt Dough Football
Baseball Plaque
Good Sport Foam Football

Any dad would be thrilled to get one of these homemade gifts for Father’s Day.  Once you present dad with one of these sports gifts, make sure he can sit back, put his feet up, and relax on his special day.

Find even more Father’s Day crafts, recipes, and ideas on FamilyCorner.com.

Sherri Osborn
Sherri Osborn (9 Posts)

Sherri has enjoyed crafting her entire life and has over 15 years experience in designing craft projects and writing and editing for Web sites, blogs, and print publications. Currently, most of her time is spent on her blog About Family Crafts. Over the years, she has tried many different craft techniques and supplies and she loves sharing her creative discoveries and love of crafting with everyone. On a more personal note, Sherri has been married to her high school sweetheart for over 25 years, she has 3 grown children she is very proud of, and 4 amazing grandkids.

• http://modpodgerocksblog.com Mod Podge Amy

Sherri, Thank you for sharing these bookends. What a great collection – I’m pinning!

• http://craftsbyamanda.com/ Amanda Formaro

Thanks for the pin Amy!

• Sharon Currier

What a great round up, so many fun & easy ideas. I’ll be sharing, for sure. Thanks!

Thank you for the share Sharon!

• Desiree Allen

I like the Fisherman’s Survival Kit and think I’ll have my kids put together one for their dad. Nice round-up, Sherri!

• Cindy Rowe

Great ideas! Thank you!!

• Pingback: Salt Dough Father's Day Magnets - Crafts by Amanda

• Casey

The Fisherman’s Survival Kit is darling, but it does have an error – the Swedish fish sentence needs fixin’!

Thanks for letting us know Casey! I’ve passed that on to the owner of that website as it’s actually not our project and we are unable to correct it ourselves.

• Sherri Osborn

Hi Casey. I created the original file, although I do not still access to that site to edit it… If you like, I can send you to corrected file?

• Casey

That would be awesome – thanks so much! Do you need my e-mail address?

• Sherri Osborn

Sorry Casey, I missed the notification for this comment… :-( Please do send me your email – sherri (a) aboutfamilycrafts.com

• Casey

Here it is: craftycasey@tx.rr.com. Thanks very much!

Featured Contributor

Cindy Rowe
Cindy Rowe (7 Posts)

Cindy Rowe is the owner/editor of Crazylou Creations blog. On the blog, you will find a little bit of crazy, and a whole lot of fun! As a FT working mother, she still finds time to create crafts, play around in the kitchen, plan parties and exercise. You'll find all of this and more on her blog!

Contests & Giveaways

Win Fun Stuff!

Check out all the fun goodies we are
giving away here!

Featured Giveaway

***WE HAVE A WINNER!**** Our #2 Anonymous Poster says: What an awesome giveaway! I’d love to win this and give it to my grandkids for Christmas! Thanks for the giveaway  […]   READ ARTICLE

Giveaways change every couple of weeks, so be sure to check back often.

Coming up!

Orange Carrot Less-Drip Ice Pops
OrangeCarrotIcePop feature

Parents are always looking for ways to sneak some vegetables into their child’s diet. Well, unless your kids are avid carrot lovers, just call these orange ice pops — they’ll […]