Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? - 23

Welcome to the 23rd installment of "What Did You Do Frugal Today?"

Share your tips, ideas, and encouragement to others who want to save money in big and small ways.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just subbing.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa, I do think you have found a true gem. I am so happy for you!
Do you know I never had a candy necklace? lol Never. My mother said only druggies bought them. This is where my love of chocolate came from.
Hersheyettes..... they sound yummy!
I am doing some rearranging in the basement today. I will set up a paper craft area for me. I am so excited. Plus I will be doing more packing and decluttering.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks everyone, I know I'm blessed, truly blessed with great kids, my wonderful boyfriend, my family, his family, my friends. I don't even consider the shoulder an issue, it happened, it has to be fixed so let's get this show on the road and get me better!

Ohh, candy necklaces. We had them. Now that I'm an adult I see them and remember them the way Norma said, around sticky necks and think, ugh, but dang they were good when we were kids! Also, a bubblegum cigars and candy cigarettes in paper where if you blew thru them "smoke" would puff out.

We have the ice they predicted. I woke at 6 am by the phone ringing, it was the automated alert system from the school, school is cancelled. I got up and looked outside then went back to bed till 7:15 am when the b/f called and didn't know what website to look up closings. He's sweet but has troubles sometimes on the computer. He found out his college was cancelled so we talked a few mins and then both decided to go back to sleep and hung up. I imagine he'll surface soon...lol. I told him I didn't think it was wise him trying to travel out this way, as much as I love him to be with us, it's not worth getting in an accident.

I'm off to jump in the bathtub and enjoy not having to rush anywhere. Hope you all have a great morning, I'll be here watching from home...YEAH!

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Last edited by Lislyn66; 02-21-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Anna, I'm so sorry to hear about David having to go into the hospital again. Thank goodness that the doctor caught it and was on top of it, though. I will be praying for him the next few days.
Norma, I think I remember the Hersheyettes. I remember also, some that were small and kind of like tiny malted milk balls. I think they were called sixlets? I think I have seen the bubble gum cigars still around.
Lisa, I am so happy for you that you found such a nice guy! :-) What a luxury not to have to pound on the furnace anymore!
Connie, I am glad Gizmo is doing well!
Jean, thank you so much. Actually, I have one more day to go before I shop. I think I am going to just make something for dinner using the grilled chicken from the freezer, veggies, and some baked potatoes. Need to get out my grocery list and make a note of where certain sales are. Keeping the heat on 60* and dressing in layers. Had water delivered today. Trying to focus on conserving water more so that there is more time between deliveries.
Take care friends and stay safe and bundled up today!
Jamie.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jamie, sorry about that. I must have been thinking it was Friday. I still see the sixlets candy out at Halloween time. I love those things. I also can remember the candy cigarettes but the ones around here were just in a box with a colored red end like it was on fire. I don't remember the ones you mentioned Lisa where it looked like smoke coming out.

Frugal today is just staying in, cooking from home and eating leftovers for lunch. I tried to mend a pair of dh's workpants but the way the fabric is I don't know if it will hold or not.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The candy cigs that are out now are just nasty tasting. I've seen the bubble gum cigars in blue & pink for "It's a ____".

I'm going to check at Goodwill for some work pants for DH this afternoon as he's had 2 pair ripe out at the knees.

Roberta

http://www.youravon.com/rdunaway

"When time shall come for my leaving, when I bid you adieu, don't spend your money for flowers, just a rose will do."
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

In addition to making toast in my work toaster oven and then putting some premade scrambled eggs and cheese and ham on it for breakfast, I have found how to crumble up some ramen noodles into a mug and pour some hot water on it at lunchtime. Mmmm, I put my feet up for a few minutes and then the noodles are all soaked and soft and ready to eat.

anna, didn't get a chance to read the back posts, but david is in the hospital again? sorry to hear that, hope they can help get this resolved!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta, I ordered jeans for dh from www.usedworkclothing.com this morning. The rep said they were cut full in the seat and thighs but they weren't carpenter jeans. Three pair cost $28. I figured we could try them and see.

I moved things around in the basement and the table is too wide. We have beams all over in the basement. So I am thinking and will check the garage. We can make a table or buy one. I vote for make one. Dh might have something hidden away I can use.

Closed Thread