FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (http://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (http://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What Did You Do Frugal Today VIIII (http://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/13192-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-viiii.html)

AnnaInOhio 11-21-2004 02:01 PM

What Did You Do Frugal Today VIIII

Welcome to our new edition of What Did You Do Frugal Today, one of the most popular threads on Family Corner. Please share with us what you do to save money and live a more frugal lifestyle.

Anna & Robin

Frugal Living Moderators

LaurieS 11-21-2004 03:09 PM

Hi, just subscribing.

:hearts:

ethansamuel 11-21-2004 03:12 PM

Me too:typ:

stardust12 11-21-2004 03:49 PM

My sister and I had our candlelite party we sold over $400 worth of stuff and havn't closed out the party yet. So far we get to split over $100 in products, so I'll be albe to get some gifts free!!! With both of us hosting we split the cost of preparing the snacks too. I made a choc. cake with cream cheese icing that was really good. I hope everyone had a good weekend. You all take care.

Rosey

LaurieS 11-21-2004 04:31 PM

Well I didn't do a whole lot today. I tried to stay warm, it's very cold here this year. Usually it's still warm right about now. I rented Shrek 2 and my daughter must have thought I was nuts. Sitting there and laughing at it. But it was funny. I love Eddie Murphy, I can always visualize him as Gumby. He just cracks me up.

While I was doing that I clipped coupons for the American Legion Aux. group, they send them overseas. Then I gathered up some Avon Bug Guard to take out there too.

DH is out elk hunting not sure if he'll be coming home tonight or tomorrow I'm thinking tomorrow. They just haven't been having much luck this year.

Got my turkey out in the sink thawing also have a apple pie on the counter thawing to cook later tonight.

Hope everyone had a good week-end. I know leasmom did! Awesome deals Patrice.

paintingnut 11-21-2004 05:49 PM

Frugal today was staying at home.
Yesterday at the buying club I ended up with among many other things, a large plastic bag containing 10 pounds of chicken and dumpling gravy, so I heated it up tonight and made biscuits for supper.
We had a tragedy in our area today, apparently a hunter went berzerk and shot and killed 5 other hunters, injured 8 others and still 12 are missing at this point. we are from a small community and everyone knows everyone else here.. please pray for the families left behind and struggling for answers, and pray for those that are fighting for their lives in the hospital!

bluebird 11-21-2004 06:19 PM

I was very frugal today! We played hooky from church, stayed home all day. I finished a cat pillow/pg bag for dd, napkins and a tablecloth for ds, a doll quilt for dn, all for Christmas! I even hemmed a snowman tablecloth for me. Made meatloaf for lunch.... tried a new potatoe casserole, I loved it, everyone hated it.

justEricka 11-21-2004 07:28 PM

just wanted to make sure i was in for this thread.

have a good day everyone
ericka

paintingnut 11-21-2004 08:54 PM

An update to a previous post. The 12 missing are no longer missing .. they were finally rounded up and reunited with their hunting party. They caught the suspected shooter, two of the injured are in fair condition, one is in critical condition and the others are home. 5 people are dead , among them, a father and son and a 26 yr old female that lived down the street from my parents.

redcardinalbird 11-21-2004 09:50 PM

Paintingnut - what a terrible tragedy. Will keep the families i my prayers.

We did not do anything frugal today. After church the kids and I went to a "Festival of Trees and Lights". It is a benefit for the local children's hospital. It was our first year of attending and cost $3.00 each to get in. Different individuals and groups make stockings, wreaths and trees that are then sold to raise funds. The trees ranged from 2 ft to 7 ft. A lot were beautiful while a few were passable. Today was Scout Sunday so the girl and boy scouts got a patch (they let the leaders have one too :) ) This afternoon they also marked down the items that had not sold. I was tempted on one tree but did not buy. Some of the ones that I would have were already sold. I did buy 3 stockings for gifts that totaled $9.00.