Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Fun With Kids > Party Ideas > Parties for Girls

Old 06-07-2002, 10:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle 2yo Girl June B'day ideas

There has been alot of great ideas for older siblings, but does anyone have any party ideas for a 2 y/o girl? It's a June (18th)birthday. We have always gone above and beyond for my son's birthday, but now, I'm not working *SAHM= and money is tight, and my guilt is showing~

One thought I had was to have a sprinkler party w/ picnic, serving heart shaped PB&J sandwiches and let the kids make their own icecream sundaes. I was also thinking of having it mid-week, which would work better for me, time-wise, but Daddy would be working .

I also have a 5 y/o son who will be having his birthday party in mid-July. The few friends of my daughter, are actually younger siblings of his friends. I feel guilty inviting them twice.... HELP!
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:15 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

WHOO HOO a party! My Fave!

One cute idea I did for a neighbors' daughter's two year old party was a "Colors and Shapes Party" ... they didn't have much of a budget to spend and it certainly wasn't needed in this case!

We simply did everything in different solid colors - like red, blue, green, yellow, purple, pink, etc. The plates, cups, napkins, etc were all a different color. Then we took poster board and construction paper and cut out various shapes and hung them from the ceiling.

Another idea I had for them was to print out plain paper with a shape and the name of the shape on it. Then the children could do them as a 'craft' to take home. As you well know, it isn't easy to keep 2 year olds corraled for any length of time. So simple is best for them. The cake was a regular sheet cake with the different shapes in various colors. And of course a small cake for the birthday girl to 'dig into' herself LOL

Now, for the party I did for my son when he turned one - I set up a blow up pool and a sprinkler in the yard and sent the invitations on small 4 inch beach balls. I simply wrote the party info on the balloons (in permanent marker when they were blown up), then delivered them to the children, the children all brought them to the party and many of them still have them and play with them. Another cute idea is to write the invitation on a card stock type piece of paper then tie it to a pair of sunglasses - inviting the children to wear the glasses to the party.

I'm a consultant for a party supply company and we offer free party tips, recipes, crafts, etc. - Simply go to my web page and type "party tips" in the search box and you'll get a page full of them. There is no obligation whatsoever to buy anything of course - feel free to just use them as a reference And no, I can't find out who went to my page so don't worry - I won't be hunting anyone down LOL

Also, as you know, you could always combine the two parties - thereby inviting only one guest list. Both of the ideas (shapes and sprinkler party) will work for the age groups you have!

Hope this helps!

Have a great party!

Last edited by BestPartyMom; 06-07-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just moved into this thread!

Just moving in to this thread girls. I came from the 1yr party thread but moving on the second birthday!

I had a Hawaiian Luau for my daughters first birthday and this year and thinking of a beach party (no beaches in Dalllas) but we will get creative. My sister in law is doing a Picnic in the Garden for my niece 1st birthday. We are competitive with our parties, can you tell? She is doing the living room like a garden and making large butterflies, ladybugs, etc to hand on walls and turning ceiling fan into a large flower. picnic type items, etc.

For my beach party invites I saw an idea where you can take a small plastic coke bottle, cut slit in one side and fill it with some sand, shells, driftwood, etc. Then print pretty label and attach to outside while sealing slit. Can hand deliver or mail these message bottles. I am also going to have some inflatable pools and a sand box (built for that day). Each child will get a sand bucket kit with shovel, etc (dollar store) then will fill with beach ball, sunglasses, etc for outside that day. I want to try and stay away from alot of candy and sweets so mostly toys. I am making cupcakes and putting them on a tiered stand. Cupcakes seems to be less messy. I will also get the individual ice cream cups. less mess again. I think I will dust cupcakes with powdered graham crackers to look like sand then put a white chocolate molded sea shell on top. They sell the molds at craft stores. I will also use molds for jello jigglers. You can get real creative with shells, sand and driftwood. I will have several beach umbrellas around play area so kids don't get too much sun. I am thinking easy meal like hot dogs, hamburgers, etc but the CHEF in me is screaming for more....lol Any additonal cute ideas anyone has bring it on as I have a couple of more months!!

TX Chef Fran
Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Depending on her interests, maybe a Sesame Street, Disney Princess, or Dora The Explorer Theme Party?

Dee
[Edited by Assistant Administrator. We welcome you ideas here at FC.However, by posting your company name and website within the body of each post that you are making, it is considered spamming on these boards. Any further postings of this nature will result in being banned. If you would like to show your website, you may place it in your signature line. If I can be of any help, please let me know. Thanks, ajrsmom]