Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Marriage & Divorce > Marriage

Marriage Marriage is a huge comittment, one that has many ups and downs. Get support and advice here.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I would have used the money to gout as well.

We don't celebrate Valentines we celebrate our anniversary instead, that date means more to us than an arbitrary one for the masses.
Depends on what's happening in our lives and how much spare $$ we have as to what we do. Sometimes it's just dinner out, sometimes 1 or 2 nights away or just a day trip and lunch out. It's being together

Old 10-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Our silver anniversary is 12 January 2016, and to be perfectly honest I have no idea what or if we will be doing anything at all. We use to go out to dinner at one of our favorite restaraunts, or take a mini trip to someplece we were unable to go to when we were first married. Now though, since I have been out of work for such a long time (mostly due to a back-health iissue), money is extremely tight, and I don't think we could afford to do anything even if we wanted to. I was hoping to try a short cruise to see if I would really like it as much as DH and my parents do (I've had mixed results with being on varies boats/ships in the past, and I have a spacial issue on top of that), but even with a semi-cruise or one-way-cruise destination it seems outrages in price. Then I thought, maybe Disneyland because we haven't been there since about the 50th or 55th anniversary when we had passes and went on New Year's eve (disappointing end of night issues w/park), and this was before the price hikes began...now the Disneyland, California prices make the cruise lines (minus theirs) packaged prices for two seem LESS expensive (vs family of four), and neither of those are within relavent priceabilities. And of course we've been here for about two years, so there is a chance we might move again - and maybe with a different company since DH's company seems to enjoy paying bonus' to other country employees and offshoring jobs despite their clientel's wishes. Maybe I will convince DH to take me to a cinema for a "day" movie, since our anniversary is on a week day. *sigh*
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 10-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Money has been tight for us for years so I just make a special dinner for us at home and we rent a movie.

When we were younger we would go out to dinner and maybe see a movie too. Have the kids spend the night with family so we didn't have to pay a sitter and got a night without kids in the house.

Next year will be our 30th Anniversary and I would love to be able to do something big but that isn't in the cards.

Roberta
Old 10-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Roberta I hope some how
you and hubby can do some thing "big" for your anniversary.
My dear hubby will be gone 20 yrs this next Sunday but when
he was with me we always did some even if just a nice dinner
at home and just thankful to be together
Old 11-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Cannot believe how fast the years have passed. Will be married 60 years Nov.26,2015. His Birthday is a couple of days afterwards. Just glad we are both still healthy and can enjoy a good meal at home. Dh is not the partying type so will just be here with family that will be visiting.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sueanne Congratulations to you both

Old 11-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

43 yrs. of marriage January 2016! Since we have been helping the oldest dd we don't have much to work with. Texas de Brazil restaurant is my favorite once a year place to go, and we'll probably get to go, but it would be nice to go for a weekend somewhere (not expensive) and just chill.
The other night dh surprised me with wanting to make a thermos of hot tea and go down to the river and watch the sunset. It was nice, peaceful and both of us really enjoyed just watching the river and the lights. it only cost us a little gas which is excellent! Simple is sometimes better than a big production.