Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Last movie I saw was Saturday night....Eduring Love
Old 11-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Last night I took my ten year old son to see "The Polar Express" and it was great! We had a really good time. Parts of the movie were a little scary and some parts just gave me goose bumps (in a good way). My ten year old really loved it. I think it is a great Christmas story. The characters looked very human. The only thing I thought was lacking was the lack of life (spirit) behind their eyes (which is to be expected since the characters aren't real) but I don't think kids would notice this. Definitely a great movie for kids and adults, especially this time of year.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Last movie I went to see was "Saw" Scary movie ... well kinda it was more blood and just nasty stuff than scary but watching that gets you outta your seat a little bit sooo ... pretty good I will probably buy the DVD when it comes out... but not one to watch late at night lol

Getting Married May 26, 2007 to my high school sweetheart!!!

My FC Member Awards!

[IMG]/forums/images/13_10_7.gif[/IMG]
BD Club
Old 11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I saw "Shall We Dance" last week!!! Wonderful , wonderful movie!!!!!
Richard Gere chose ballroom dancing for his "something else." If you have seen the movie, what would YOUR something else be?

hugs,train
Old 11-17-2004, 04:35 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My family and I went to see "The Incredibles". My children seemed to enjoy it but my opinion is it was very predictable. It follows every other superhero movie formula and just wasn't very original. It was cute but nothing special. It just didn't live up to the expectations I had from listening to the previews and the media hype. Some parts were very funny but the whole story line was just been there done that. According to the media, this movie is doing much better than "The Polar Express" but truthfully I found "The Polar Express" to be a much better movie. This is all just my opinion and though I think children would enjoy either movie, I think "Polar Express" is a better bet as far as a good story line and being more original. (I will say the "Polar Express" does have a few parts that might be a little scary for the under 5 set)
Old 11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I really want to see "Shall we Dance" looks like a cute unplifting movie!!

I rented "50 First Dates" on Sunday and cried!! I thought it was going to be funny romance, which it was, but also sad!! I liked it though...was also PMSing...so that might have factored into it
Old 11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

took the kids to see the Polar Express this weekend......we all really liked it. Really put me in the spirit of christmas. The animation was really good and tom hanks plays I believe 5 of the roles/voice in it

Hoping to go see the Incredibles next weekend

rented Raising Helen and I really liked it too.

Hugs
debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Cold Mountain

I rented the dvd Cold Mountain...
I never laughed and cried so much in one movie. So I went out and bought the dvd....
Would suggest this movie to everyone...awesome 'best picture of the year' ...just can't remember what year? lol

Old 11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Actually doing to the theater to see... Betsy's Wedding in 1990, right after I got married. Now we just rent them it is much cheaper. Would like to break down and see National Treasure this coming weekend, but don't know if we'll have the money.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Dawn of the Dead...

we borrowed it from some friends.. it was ok.. if u like gory movies. It was better than I thought it would be

Jen