Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ideas for a Basket Raffle

As many of you know I am the team captain for a walk team.
We are in need of fund raising ideas for next year.
I am thinking of doing a basket raffle. Our local bakery will probably let me put one or two there for raffle.
What kind of things would you like to see in a basket, that you would buy a ticket for? How much to charge for tickets?
1 for $1.00, 3 for $2.00, an arms length for $10, we'd have to decide on who's arm to use. I think it usually works out to 15 or 20 tickets.

I was thinking along these lines-
Baby-bottle, rattle, bib, pacifier, small pkg of diapers
Pet-dish, collar, treats, comb
Girls-nail polish,m jump rope, silly bandz

Any other suggestions? we don't wan to get too expensive in making them.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Movie basket.......a couple Blockbuster (or local video store) coupons, popcorn, soda and candy...

Dinner basket.......spaghetti, sauce, (homemade in a jar) antipasto salad fixins, italian bread sticks and some wine wrapped with a red gingham table cloth

A picnic basket... grapes, cheese, french bread, sparkling cider, apple tarts, two champagne glasses (dollar store has really pretty ones with flowers painted on them...)

A cookie basket....chocolate dipped Oreos, fancy cookies from a local bakery.......homemade chocolate chip cookies.....

A colored theme basket...like a pink basket with all things cute that are pink from the dollar store...teddy bears, lotions, bubble baths, candles etc but it all has to be ONE color. You could do several of these! Fun and inexpensive!!!

A book and candle basket....a couple romance novels, a candle, a pretty tea mug with some fancy tea bags and a dark chocolate bar!!!

hugs, train
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I like the idea of a few baskets - like a Chinese auction - keeping at least a couple of them gender neutral like Donna suggested....movie basket, sweets or dessert basket. Another one is a game basket with cards, puzzle books, pencils, pens..etc. A stationary basket is good, too. I like the appeal to kids with silly bands, maybe fake tatoos, magnets, peace signs on anything.

Maybe do a large one for the grand raffle?

I like your idea of the price but I wouldn't sell yourself short with 20 tickets for $10. The idea is to make money.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Most raffels I've seen sell the tickets $1 or 6/$5.

For baskets what about a basket of sparkling cider, two glasses, a candle and box of chocolates.

For kids do a girl & boy basket with toys and activity books from the dollar store.

I like movie baskets myself with a movie, bag of microwave popcorn maybe a candy bar or two and drinks.

Could do a cooking theme with a cookbook and several spices and some wooden tools maybe even a box of pasta and sauce.

Roberta

http://www.youravon.com/rdunaway

"When time shall come for my leaving, when I bid you adieu, don't spend your money for flowers, just a rose will do."
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Love all these ideas, keep 'em coming.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

For our raffles here at work it is arm's length for $10 you get 18 tickets.

Charlotte

Join us on the Monthly Book Club Threads.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Spa basket, fill with body wash, scrub from the dollar store.

Tea basket

Hot Chocolate Basket

Coffee Basket

What about a gift in a jar basket?

A coupon basket? Collect dollar coupons for Wendys, McDonalds put them in a basket.

A hot wheels basket

A puzzle basket, lots of little puzzles.

www.dragonzlair.biz
full of treasure galore
Old 09-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have won all sorts of raffled baskets since joining my international sorority years ago. These baskets have been always been theme created.
One basket was dubbed Italian o, and was filled with a variety of noodles; wine glasses and a bottle of red wine; red/white checkered table cloth w/napkins for two; spaghetti sauce, and utensils for creating a delicious spaghetti meal.

Another one was an actual "basket" with the old fashioned Ketchup and mustard bottles (filled) in it; plastic utensils and plates; a colorful 1/2 blanket, chips, soda, and coupons for a local grocery store.

Another basket was title "Rubber ducky" because someone was able to find a large yellow floaty ducky and family, added two washcloth's, hand towels, and bath towels; bath salt and bubble bath, and a discount coupon to a local hotel.

Another basket, was dubbed a "coffee lovers dream" which included samples of coffee both brew and instant; a coffee cup/saucer/pot in-one; flavored non-dairy creamers; sugar and sugar-substitute packets; candied-spoons / stir straws; wafer cookies in individual wrappers, and coupons for a local coffee house.

One of my more recent ones came in a "brown paper bag", and we had to guess what the titled was by games end. This one was won at a bingo event, and all the bags had something different in them. So we thought it had stuff associated with bingo... Nope. My bag had cooking utensils, bowls, canned vegetables, and a coupon to a local (chain) cooking store. The friend I went with, won a bag that had two packages of hot dogs (wrapped in ice bags); buns; mustard & ketchup bottles, and 2 big boxes of Mac & Cheese. Another lady opened her bag to find (also wrapped in bags of ice) 4 packages of bacon and a carton of eggs. Well just when we thought we had guessed what the theme of the game was, someone else opened their bag to "unwrap" a beautiful crystal and ivory music box. And yet another attendee opened her bag to find note cards, blank cards, and a deck of cards! We were all stumped as to what the name of the bingo game was... it was "Gone Shopping!"
Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEn6891 View Post
I have won all sorts of raffled baskets since joining my international sorority years ago. These baskets have been always been theme created.
One basket was dubbed Italian o, and was filled with a variety of noodles; wine glasses and a bottle of red wine; red/white checkered table cloth w/napkins for two; spaghetti sauce, and utensils for creating a delicious spaghetti meal.

Another one was an actual "basket" with the old fashioned Ketchup and mustard bottles (filled) in it; plastic utensils and plates; a colorful 1/2 blanket, chips, soda, and coupons for a local grocery store.

Another basket was title "Rubber ducky" because someone was able to find a large yellow floaty ducky and family, added two washcloth's, hand towels, and bath towels; bath salt and bubble bath, and a discount coupon to a local hotel.

Another basket, was dubbed a "coffee lovers dream" which included samples of coffee both brew and instant; a coffee cup/saucer/pot in-one; flavored non-dairy creamers; sugar and sugar-substitute packets; candied-spoons / stir straws; wafer cookies in individual wrappers, and coupons for a local coffee house.

One of my more recent ones came in a "brown paper bag", and we had to guess what the titled was by games end. This one was won at a bingo event, and all the bags had something different in them. So we thought it had stuff associated with bingo... Nope. My bag had cooking utensils, bowls, canned vegetables, and a coupon to a local (chain) cooking store. The friend I went with, won a bag that had two packages of hot dogs (wrapped in ice bags); buns; mustard & ketchup bottles, and 2 big boxes of Mac & Cheese. Another lady opened her bag to find (also wrapped in bags of ice) 4 packages of bacon and a carton of eggs. Well just when we thought we had guessed what the theme of the game was, someone else opened their bag to "unwrap" a beautiful crystal and ivory music box. And yet another attendee opened her bag to find note cards, blank cards, and a deck of cards! We were all stumped as to what the name of the bingo game was... it was "Gone Shopping!"
Such cute ideas! I love the picnic basket! You could even include ingredients for s'mores in it, too.

Coll, have you made any decisions on baskets yet?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Coll, is this for the Diabetes walk? Just make sure you can do that kind of fundraising in thier name. Usually these kind of foundations just want you to do sponsorship fundraising and not offer any products. I do the walks for the Asthma, Altzheimers, Arthritis and Heart Association foundations. So double check.