Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Relationships > Family & Friends > Friends

Friends Friends can be the lifesaving voice on the end of the phoneline, or in many cases, the end of the keyboard.

Old 10-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Best Friends

Who is your BEST girlfriend?
What are your favorite ways to spend time togehter?
What do you do to keep your friendship strong?
Trainlady
Old 11-08-2002, 02:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Best Friends Far Across the Sea

I grew up in the Fiji Islands since my parents were missionaries. My best friend for life is a girl named Maca, she helped me adapt to the culture as a little girl (I lived there from 6 yrs old till I was 18). She made my life in Fiji wonderful. She was the reason I wouldn't trade my life for anything. She was the one that bridged the gap, allowing me to be accepted in a foreign culture. I love my best friend, she is like a sister to me. I miss her terribly though, I am now 23 and we write or email when we can but letters take almost a month to receive. A good friend is hard to find, and unfortunately mine lives over 10,000 miles away. Thank you maca for being such a true friend!!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

BUMP!!!

I love to hear good friend stories!!!
Let me hear YOURS!!!

peace,train
Old 03-02-2004, 05:31 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

well if you would told me a few about 5 yrs ago, and maybe even about 3 yrs ago that my best friend is Ann I would of told you no no no and in no way or shape would she ever be either.

as I had her picture in a way that was a snob.... LOL, and there was no connection between the 2 of us except thru another friend.

I got to know Ann thru camp fire.... a group that I was a leader in and she became my assistance. as time went on she moved from being my assistance to another group which I was thankful for. for we didn't didn't mix.... My best friend at that time was the leader of that group and Ann moved over to be with her.... I got so jealous whenver Ann had my other friend Beth attention... and Beth was jealous if I was with someone else. for Beth and I thought we could do about anything as long as we were together. and when you needed one of us then look for where the other one was.... we were very tight.... did everything almost together. then Ann got in the way.... this is why I became jealous.

to shorten this story in 90 things happen and Beth and I split up well there went Ann too. I totally miss Beth but didn't miss Ann not really. Please do not get me wrong whenever the 3 of us were together Ann was always nice to me, and was a better friend to me than what I even wanted really. but I was nice because I knew I should be nice to her.

When I prayed and prayed for GOD to restore Beth and mine relationship.... in 97 GOD did. Beth walked back into my life... and so did Ann... Beth then a yr later told me she was moving out of state.and Ann and I would need one another. I told Beth no way...
well low and behold one thing lead to another and Ann and I became best friends. and we are like sisters today...
Ann is MY B EST FRIEND.....

I could w rite alot more on this but got to get up and go get dress to have a ppointment plus I be running out of room here.
don't want to bore you.... it can be amazing how you don't think one person could be and end up being your best friend... no Ann more than best friend,,,, she is my soul sister and been thru things with me that IF she wasn't there for support not sure what I would of done...

we get together almost weekly and if we don't we start feeling down until we have our day.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

When I wrote that above I was thinking of girlfriends, after looking at it tonight I realize I didn't mention one of my best friends which is my dear hubby. for he is more than a husband to me he has been and still is a very dear best friend.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am blessed to realize I don't have just one "best friend" so I'll have to sort out the stories of the women who mean the most to me, and post again...

Great question!

Val
Old 03-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've always found that its better to have a few good/best friends that you can totally depend on than many mediocre friends. Guess I've always just been picky that way.

Other than my dh, my cousin in NJ is bf#1. We spent 1 week a yr during Thksgiving week together with all our other cousins, aunts, uncles etc in Iowa when growing up. That was our only interaction when we were little-but OH the memories *sigh*. As we all got older, didnt' make the trip as often and we kind of drifted apart. Then as teens we started writing and calling. The spark had not dissappeared. We are more like sisters. We kind of look alike too and have more mannerisms that are the same than I can count. A couple years ago her dh spent a week with us (business) and said he felt like he never left home, we have so many of the same strange quirks it was surreal
Both our dd#2's were born 2 days apart. We hope they will be as close as we are. She's dd#1 Godmother, being so far away makes it hard. She tried everything to get a cheap flight for the baptism but couldn't. Had planned to show up at my door the day before as a suprise. She didn't tell me that until afterwards.

Bf #2 live closer to home. Met 12 yrs ago when we lived on top of them-ha that sounds funny We were on the top floor of a 3 flat, they on the ground level...
Again more like sisters. We kind of go through withdrawal if we don't speak several times a week. Of course thats a big joke between our dh's. "whats wrong honey, she hasn't called since yesterday!" We have been there for each other in thick and thin. My dd#1 and her ds#1 are the same age. Now that they are in Jr.High, we joke that they will either watch out for each other or pretend to ignore. Or maybe it'll be that thing where they will aske each other to find out if so and so likes me kind of thing.
I believe God brought her to me and me to her.
Now that my cousin finally has email, our phone bills aren't so outrageaos !!!
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

MY BEST FRIEND IS MY 27 YR. OLD DAUGHTER(MISTY) SHE AND I ARE JUST AS CLOSE AS 2 PEOPLE CAN POSSIBLY BE. A LOT OF TIMES WE KNOW WHAT THE OTHER ONE IS GOING TO SAY BEFORE THEY SAY IT. SHE HAS ALWAYS STUCK BY ME NO MATTER WHAT AND IS PARTICULARLY SUPPORTIVE OF ME AT THE TRYING TIME IN MY LIFE. WE ENJOY SHOPPING AND EATING OUT.

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family
Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Breezy
you been on mine mind so glad to see you posting, how are you?
you are bless to have a daughter like this.... dh and I are like that.
my son is close to me than my son.

LJsmom
your story makes me think of my best friend and myself. our gkids were born on the same day.. at 2 different hosp 30 min apart so we couldn't be together for the occassion.

Lifestar we are still waiting... you are one bless lady to have so many that it taking you this long to figure it all out.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I AM DOING PRETTY GOOD BAR BAR THANKS FOR ASKING. I AM ON HERE DAILY. I JUST DON'T ALWAYS FEEL LIKE POSTING. SORRY TO WORRY YOU. I WENT FOR A CAT SCAN YEST. AND I HAVE CHEMO TOMORROW. I AM REALLY SCARED AND WORRIED ABOUT GETTING THE RESULTS OF THE SCAN, SO PLEASE EVERYONE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT IS GOOD NEWS!

MY DD IS THE GREATEST! SHE IS THERE FOR ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family