Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Your Community > Family Corner Photo Album

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

newscrafts

I so totally agree. My whole neighborhood is always these boring shades of white, light cream yellow, green.. not one bright spot for miles except ours and the house next door, you can kind of see it off to the side of ours... she did red and white striped awnings.

Anna
Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

Very nice & shows you are a true Buckeye Fan. I bet the Columbus Dispatch would come & take a pic for the paper. Especially around the time the Buckeyes play Michigan. I have family in Mich & also a couple of friends that live up there. It's always a big joke for us to "rub it in" when we beat them! They do it to me too so we just have a fun day that day.

GO BUCKS!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sue

dh just bought a street sign today I can't remember if it says "Ohio State Blvd" or Buckeye Blvd" but it's up on the front of the house now so as soon as the sun is shining I'll take pictures of the newest add on. Also got a new Buckeye flag.

GO BUCKS!!

Anna
Old 10-21-2006, 11:43 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

We used to have one of those signs that said "Steelers Drive " & had it on a metal post beside the driveway. Everyone knew what to look for when they came to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
Sue

dh just bought a street sign today I can't remember if it says "Ohio State Blvd" or Buckeye Blvd" but it's up on the front of the house now so as soon as the sun is shining I'll take pictures of the newest add on. Also got a new Buckeye flag.

GO BUCKS!!

Anna
Old 11-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I love the changes you made. Here where I live there are many century old homes in town that are painted colors like yours- there is even a tri level house that is yellow/maize, with black shutters and a scarlett door- it is beautiful I think.

~Marion C. Garretty~
Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Chadsmom

We love it, it has a very welcoming glow. We got alot of comments trick or treat night from neighbors around the neighborhood that they loved it.

Abba
Old 11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Anna,

Do you feel like you have a new house now? It's great when you can make a big change like that. You should be glad you don't live in my neighborhood. We have an association and we have to get everything approved by the board. They have rules and regulations about everything. Some things I can understand, but others are just too picky. We have to have matching mailboxes even, and if the paint or numbers start fading they send you a letter telling you to get it fixed. But then when someone mows paths through our common area by our trail which was planted with special wild grasses/plants, nothing is done about it. Go figure! If we ever move again, I want to live out in the country on a few acres of land without anyone around to tell me what I can/cannot do.

Again, congrats on the paint job! I'm proud of you for having the guts to make such a big statement!

Mindy
Old 11-07-2006, 08:56 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mindy

Thanks... I think alot of our neighbors are a bit envious in that respect too being bold enough to go against the norm. We live in a old neighborhood 1940's and you can get bye with quite a bit... I've complained to Code Enforcement about a guy down the road who has a industrial dumpster in his back yard years later it's still ther, same with his boat ( we aren't allowed to have boats in our drive) he moved it across the street for the summer and then moved it back, LOL! Now that's a eyesore, it doesn't run.

I know all about the "gated communities" couldn't pay me enough money to live in one.

Anna
Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Anna, our's isn't a gated comm, just a neighborhood in a suburb of Indianapolis. Most of the houses around here are in neighborhoods (where corn/bean fields used to be). Almost all of the neighborhoods have associations. Which can be nice in some cases, not so nice in others. I grew up in the country surrounded by fields and only two other houses close. I wish we could be out in the country w/ some land, but all the land here in Hamilton County is outrageously expensive. My dh already has a 40 min drive to work so we can't really move any further away. I miss not being surrounded by houses and people though.

Mindy
Old 11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mindy

I would love to live out in the country too here in Columbus they are doing so much developing a major peeve of mine when I see the inner city I live in with run down abandoned properties that could have the houses/businesses tore down and something new to replace it instead of destroying our natural resources.

Anna