Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Elementary School

Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I've had to deal with similar teacher problems in the past. Thankfully my daughter's teachers this year are so good at responding immediately to any questions.

If you are like me, your opinions of this teacher are already tainted because of her lack of professionalism. She should've answered you immediately. Also, if no stickers were allowed, there should've been instructions sent home with the kids telling them what was & wasn't acceptable. What a way for this teacher to spoil the fun on this day.

I hope that you get to the bottom of these problems when you talk to her.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami cute picture, clever idea
DeBora, sorry you having problems with the teacher, it makes it hard on the parent, but when the child knows there is problems btw teacher and parent, it makes it hard on them too. Hopefully this teacher will not take it out on her. I've seen that happen as well, and encounter it before when Melissa was a child.

It was strange, for I worked the day that they celebrated 100 days at one of the schools. Each class received 3 balloons, they were red and black. not sure if each class received 2 red and 1 black or not but the class I was in for the day did.
The entire school was release to go outside a little before 2 and 3 students from each class could release the balloons when it ws time for the to go.
It was so neat to see all of these balloons floating in the air, but I was figthing back tears. As we allow the kids to release balloons at John's funeral, and this of course bought back memories.

I just thought it was neat that I worked on the 100th day of school, of course I did think of this thread too. LOL..
the grandbabies school told them on the 100 th if they would bring 100 coins or it could be a dollar then they would have extra recess, of course all 3 of them did.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am meeting this teacher tomorrow for a conference. I hated taking DGD out of school in the town we moved from as that teacher was SO good. She was strict and structured, something my DGD needs. I am going to talk to this teacher and ask her about a lot of things. I am going to ask about the 100th day of school and why my DGD wasn't allowed to bring stickers. I am going to ask about some of the homework stuff that I am not getting. I am also going to ask about my DGD's behavior and grades which have been going downhill. I will ask why she never answered my email from couple of weeks ago. I guess I got spoiled by the other teacher she had in the other town who was on top of things.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

what was the outcome of this meeting, I hope it worked out ok for you and your ddg
Old 03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Tami, What a great idea!! I just loved it. I think my granddaughter will be wearing a baseball hat with 100 flowers next year. Your little girl is adorable.....

Q. Why do ghosts shiver and moan? A. It's drafty under that sheet.

Happy Halloween
Caroline
Old 03-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Thank you!! She still wears her hat around the house. I was surprised to see that the hot glue held the flowers on tightly. Her hat didn't fall apart like some of the others.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!