Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Your Health Health issues, ailments, chronic diseases. Here we cover women's health, children's health, and other general issues.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Nine Year Member

50 Reasons To Drink Wheatgrass every day!

Just started growing wheat kernels for juicing after reading the benefits. Planted mine in soil since I had these for awhile in the refrigerator. They can be cut a few times so should last for awhile. Anxious to try the benefits one ounce can provide.
________
Sueanne

thechalkboardmag.com/50-reasons-to-drink-wheatgrass-everyday

Old 01-20-2015, 07:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Wheatgrass is great. I haven't juiced mine, but I do cut it and put it in my lunches.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom View Post
Wheatgrass is great. I haven't juiced mine, but I do cut it and put it in my lunches.
Hi Dawn, Glad to see you have been using wheatgrass and are able to eat it instead of juicing. Do you feel any better eating it. Always grinded my own wheat for making bread now I will grow it instead. Will let you know how long it takes for it to grow.
_________
Sueanne

Old 01-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Sueanne,

Re: whether I have noticed a difference I am not sure, I eat it because I know it is good for me.

It doesn't take long for it to sprout in my sprouting jar, so I would imagine that it would grow quickly in soil also.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Nine Year Member

I am trying to grow it to see if my family can get the needed nutrients from growing and juicing it. I like sprouting it too.
Found this site that explains how to grow it.

juicing-for-health.com/how-to-grow-wheatgrass.html

________
Sueanne

Old 01-21-2015, 05:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have sprouted it and planted it before. I think I will have to get some soil and plant it again. I want to have lots of wheatgrass growing in my windows.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Nine Year Member

Canister turntable for planting

Found this turntable at Goodwill today with five triangle canisters that would be perfect for planting wheatgrass or sprouts. Can store on top shelf to let them get sunlight to grow taller. Have an enclosed porch that will work.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Wheat Grass Starting To Grow & Celery

Wheat grass starting to grow. Look so cute popping up through the dirt even though they are covered with a wet paper towel to keep them moist and in the dark. Also cut some celery bottom to let it grow a new plant. Only took a couple of days for both to show results.

Read where they are even letting chickens eat the grass with good results, especially in the winter when there is none available. Seems they are even laying more eggs from the nutrients of the wheat grass.
_______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Nine Year Member

Couple Of Days Growth

Enjoy uncovering the wheat grass and seeing how much it grew each day. When it is about six inches will start cutting it and juice it. Could use a boost this time of year.
_______
Sueanne
Attached Images