Are you allergic to anything? - Page 3 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Your Health Health issues, ailments, chronic diseases. Here we cover women's health, children's health, and other general issues.

View Poll Results: Are you allergic to anything?
tree pollen 14 38.89%
ragweed and other plants 19 52.78%
pet dander 12 33.33%
mold 15 41.67%
dust 16 44.44%
food 10 27.78%
perfumes, powders and other scented items 12 33.33%
other...what is it? 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

When I posted on here before I forgot that I am allergic to wasp stings and Mesquito bites. Get a rash at the site and swelling, same with wasps except I also get like a big bruise all the way around the sting.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Vivian for your reply. I have had back problems for so long I can't count it. I have had fusion surgery, but I now am at the point of probably needing another, but I refuse to go through that again. Walking and standing for more than 15 minutes at a time is my problem, sitting not too bad. I try to walk approx. 1 mile each day to keep my weight in check, but the last few steps are sure hard. It just feels like bone hitting onto bone, if you know what I mean. I too have found other ways to tenderize meat, including pounding and marinades. I do have a medic alert card and bracelet.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Shirl43, I ws told by n older (very lder) to lick an asprin and stick it on the sting. It pulls the venom out, but so does met tenderizer.. IF you aren't allergic to the tenderizer. I hve had to try the asprin, and took a benedryl too. Don't know which did the most good, but the swelling was minor and the redness was minimal.
missibob, try the glucosimine. It couldn't hurt and might help. Just remember it does take a few months to be able to feel it. I know how painful back injuries are, and I pray you get relief soon!

Vivian
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Vivian, I may give it a try. Nothing lost. My younger sister has oseto arthritis, and she tried it and said after 6 weeks, she definitely found a difference. Sadly, she now has leukemia (I was devestated to learn), and is battling it with steroids and chemo therapy, but that is another whole story.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Missibob so very sorry about your dear sister and leukemia. That road is not an easy one. Will add her to my prayers.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Vivian,
Thanks for the tip on stings. I never heard of that remedy but I'll try it. I have to make sure I get some aspirin in the house. I guess that would also work on Mosqueto bites also. I'll try it anyway. I have nothing to lose. A lot of those older folks had wisdom on many things, I wish I'd have took notes of everything my dad once told me, now it's too late.
Thanks again, Shirl43
Old 06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have been allergic to penicillin since I was a kid and a few years ago found out I am also allergic to Sucrets. I was in a restaurant and had a coughing attack and the waiter offered me a Sucrets. It wasn't two minutes and my throat started closing up and scared me to death. I haven't taken any since.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm allergic to housework, LOL.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Interesting topic! I suffer from seasonal allergies, which seem to happen no matter what the season! I am also allergic to bananas~~cooked or raw. Have to be really careful with that one!!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I would love to win $1 Million + in the lottery. I would travel which I've not had a chance to do in my life. It would not change me, just make me happier.