FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Your Health (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/your-health/)
-   -   What measures do you take to try to prevent the flu bugs from invading your home? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/your-health/24231-what-measures-do-you-take-try-prevent-flu-bugs-invading-your-home.html)

ajrsmom 11-01-2008 02:43 PM

What measures do you take to try to prevent the flu bugs from invading your home?

Do you take extra precautions to try to keep the flu bugs away?

Please share your secrets with us. I can surely use some new tips! The flu bugs seem to love our house!

Bilby 11-01-2008 03:29 PM

Nothing in particular, we don't have many problems with the flu we rarely get it. Just lucky I guess LOL

Minny 11-01-2008 03:56 PM

I take extra vitamins & try to eat healthier. I'll be getting more vitamin C soon.. the grapefruits & oranges are just about ready. I love the fact I can go out in the yard & pick them fresh. The red grapefruit is my favorite but I'll eat the white ones too.

Sueanne 11-01-2008 04:33 PM

We both got our flu shots last week no sense taking any chances. Been drinking pomegranate juice suppose to have plenty of antioxidants to ward off infections. Getting plenty of rest helps too.

Miss eating grapefruits from my tree since I am on cholesterol medication and not allowed to eat it. My Mom always believed in sitting outside a few minutes a day in the sunshine to get her vitamin D. Seemed to work for her.
______
Sueanne
:sunfl: :sunfl:

RobertaD 11-01-2008 06:10 PM

We get our flu shots and I try to be more dilligent about everyone taking their vitamins. When we have a warm spree I air out the house a bit to blow out the germs that might be in the air. I also spray the house more with lysol when some one is starting to get sick.

Roberta

AnnaInOhio 11-01-2008 07:22 PM

Besides the flu shot, our stores here locally have been providing a handi wipe canister by the grocery carts... you pull off one and wipe the cart handles down.. I also will use it if I'm at the store and need to use the ATM machine, I push the buttons with the handiwipes instead of touching them. We have been getting aired messages for over a year here on the TV about the pandemic flu and being prepared so this is always on my mind when I'm out where germs are at.

Anna

HAPPY6 11-01-2008 07:44 PM

Nothing different then I do all year. Maybe I do spray Oust disinfectant & air sanitizer around the house more then in the Summer time.

I'veGrown 11-01-2008 08:23 PM

The best thing I can tell you is to practice good handwashing, with plain old soap and water. It has been proven this helps just about better than anything else you can do to spred germs.

DeBora4BobbyL 11-01-2008 08:27 PM

When the flu or other viruses are going around, I take colodial silver. Yes, I drink silver on occasion because it kills viruses. I also use the anti-bacterial sanitizers.

dcaps 11-01-2008 09:26 PM

I build my immunity by hanging around my school kids all day long--but if one of the germs is strong enough to attack me, I also like colodial silver, and up the vitamin c, zinc and echinacea for a few days.