Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Working Parents

Working Parents Struggling with a full time career and responsibilities of children, schedules, and homelife? This is the forum for you!

Old 06-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Klcrn,
Got another good one too:
We are not "just mothers", we are Research Assistants in the Field of Child Development and Human Relations !!!

I have a continuing program of research, in the laboratory
and in the field. I'm working for my Masters, and already have
four credits, (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the
most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?)
and I often work 14 hours a day. But the job is more challenging
than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a
satisfaction rather than just money."

That last paragraph is from and email story someone sent me-all about someone filling out an application somewhere and realizing "housewife" or "mother" didn't quite cover it.
*YOU BETCHA*
Old 06-12-2003, 07:00 PM
kellyandkids

Changed my hubby's attitude to be told that if we divorced the kids would be his. I knew I would visit them. I wanted to make sure that he would be there for them. And then he can worry about buying new panties, and snow boots before they are gone from the store, and afterschool classes, etc. I can just be the one to take them out for dinner and the zoo.

If he can't change job hours, can you change yours? Who said they have to be in bed at 7:30? My kids follow his schedule.

AND KEEP ASKING for HELP! Post partum depression and plain exhaustion are real. Ask for help from a neighborhood older mom and they should know exactly what you are talking about. Even if you didn't know them well before.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Night Shift

I don't have any little ones or a husband but I do teach. I know how hard teaching is and I can't imagine trying to work with two young children. You must feel overwhelmed. I can't offer any advice. I can just say, I really can appreciate how exhausted you must be. Lots of nights I go to bed by 8 myself. Weekends I spend about 4 hours of prep time. I have only myself to cook and clean up for and I am often exhausted. Teaching is much harder then people realize. Add in raising two children (sounds like that is pretty much all on your shoulders too), cooking, cleaning, washing, I admire you. Do you have family to help? Can you afford a housekeeper even once a month (only $50.00 down here)? My heart goes out to you. I go back to work Aug. 13th, when do you go back? You need to set up some different routines for hubby (IMO).