Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Working Parents

Working Parents Struggling with a full time career and responsibilities of children, schedules, and homelife? This is the forum for you!

Old 08-19-2002, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

i was typing with one hand, but the recent decline, i'm typing with one finger, the others arent working now./ so its slow and tiring, but ..... i can't just not DO anything.
are things getting better with dh? yes, i think they really are.

rani
Old 08-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well, it would appear I'm out of the cult. I haven't received an email from there today. Wheeeeww. Now I'm kinda missing all the attention, LMAO. Won't know what to do with all the free time I was spending trying to get rid of all the emails.

Been shopping today for bargains. One of my favorite past times. Found some great things, like this: Scripto Mechanical Pencil (3+1 bonus pack) $1 each with a rebate for $5 when you buy 3, at the Dollar Tree.

Also got a very nice backpack marked down to $3, a new dress, and a housewarming gift for a friend. The backpack will probably be filled with school supplies and donated. I picked an angel off the tree at the Post Office last year for a 14 year old boy and that's what he wanted. Can you imagine?? A backpack, a scientific calculator, and school supplies. Broke my heart. I got him a Jansport backpack, the calculator, some really cool pens and folders and stuff, some jeans and a c/d player with a couple of c/d's. I bought him the same things I was buying for my own boys. It's hard enough being 14. It's important to fit in.

Anyway, that's my day. Hope you guys had a nice one, too. See ya later.

Katie
Old 08-19-2002, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

What a kind thing to do Katie--wish I had thought of something like that .

We always complain about what we don't have and the way the world "treats "us. We tend to forget that there are folks out there that TRULY have nothing. Makes us sound a bit selfish and shallow doesn't it .

We should all "pick an angel' and do something great for others "who have not".

Hey--how about it--let's all try to do "something for another" and post what we did. If anyone knows of sites that we can "do something for" post it. We can all pitch in. I know of a few....I'll find the info and let you know...
Old 08-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

That's a great idea!!! We did RDK's randon acts of kindness) at the freelance site. It was a lot of fun.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow Rani! One finger, that's amazing and really admirable. You're one determined woman!

I'd love to hear more about this angel thing - will wait to hear more info.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

This has gotten off-topic. If anyone would like to reply to my original post, please email me at [email protected].

I'm unsubbing from this thread.
Tami
Old 08-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sorry to have gotten off-topic. Heck I guess the older you get the more your mind wanders. Sometimes mine is gone for days. I must just be past the rushing around, getting my kids ready for school phase. Prolly shouldn't have gotten involved in this post. My bad.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Katy you are toooooo cute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby uses phrase I'm bad and when I saw you use it I just had to laugh

Agree with the angel thing, we don't have that here I use to do it in Colorado but I do find ways of doing things. Will be teaching 2 y.o. to do it too.
Here is one of my great sayings. Excuse the explictives will "*" out and use your imagination. When you come across a situation where the person is looking for you to do the impossilbe. My typical response. "What do you want me to do break out in little
a**holes and Sh** myself to death?" My mom says that to me when I am being a drama queen and helps me to gain a perspective. O.k. another Infamous hubby saying.
DAAAAAAyeeeeee.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

LMAO!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. What a great way to start the day. This is the first thing I've read today. Thanks, tlcsmom.

My mom is the drama queen in our family, but I think she'd appreciate that saying. I'll tell her today. We're meeting for lunch after I bowl this am.

I know this is off-topic, too, but I'm kinda concerned about my mom. The doctor's have found a growth pushing on her esophagus (sp.) and she's going for a CT scan. Will know something Thursday afternoon. She's scared, so I'm gonna spend as much time with her this week as I can.

Anyhoo, thanks for the big laugh. Now, please feel free to carry on with the original topic and pay no attention to any unrelated ramblings (how's that - dramatic??? or do I need practice??)

Katie
Old 08-21-2002, 02:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Katie,
Hope everything turns out ok with your mom. I know when there is something going on with my mom I am a basket case. We are best friends. We laugh and love each other immensely.
Best wishes.
TLC