Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Working Parents

Working Parents Struggling with a full time career and responsibilities of children, schedules, and homelife? This is the forum for you!

Old 02-24-2007, 02:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question How Do You Write A Babysitter Bulletin?

Well Everyone, the last time I asked a question I pondered all the wonderful responses and made my decision to get out from the "Monster-in-Laws' " house and I now have a beautiful apartment that my daughter and I share and we are soooo happy!
I am currently looking for a sitter within the complex that could watch Hailee for just an hour or two after school until I get home from work. I was wondering what I should post on the bulletin board. I'm worried about the "unwanted" responses that comes with posting info about my daughter and I. Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about this?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Are you looking to have the sitter come to your home, or your DD go to the sitter's home until you pick her up?

I'd probably ask around--talk to other moms you see with children--and ask if they know someone who does after-school care. Maybe one of them would want to do it. Or they could give you a good lead. I, too, would be concerned about putting too much private info out there.

If you must post an ad I would keep it very simple:
After School Babysitter Needed (within complex)
# of hours per day
1 child (age)
Please call (phone #) and leave message

Screen the messages before calling anyone back.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Babysitter needed for after school for ____hours...
Must have Babysitting Certificate...(I know here the kids have to have a Babysitting Course,and when completed they are given a Certificate)
How many children...
Child's Age...
Phone Number...leave message...
You want someone who is responsible...knows First Aid...Has the Babysitting Course Certificate...and what age you want the sitter to be...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Or
Seeking Mature Babysitter for 1 Child age___...
For 1 hour after school-Monday to Friday...
Must know First Aid...
Have Babysitter Course Certificate...
Be Responsible for ??? (if a meal is to be prepared)
Whether you want a Female Or Male Babysitter...
Please call # and leave a message...

I would not give out your apartment number in the posting...my daughter did that and she had people showing up at her door all hours of the day and night...

Hope this helps...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Chelle, glad to hear things are going well. I personally wouldn't post anything in public. That is just my opinion. Have you thought about asking your neighbors for recommendations? Even though you don't know them yet, that would be a good way to get to know them. After you ask a few people for their opinions (people love to be asked for their opinion and it is a good ice breaker) you might hear the same name mentioned several times. Then, you could call that person and ask her or him that she came recommended. That's just a thought. Good luck!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

If you cannot get recommendations from any of your friends or family, post only the basics

the hours, the number of children (but not sex of children as you can tell that when you interview), any requirements you have (cpr certification, babysitting cert. etc.) and leave a cell number if possible. I would be leary about giving a home phone number as they can find out a lot by doing a reverse phone number search. You only want people interested in the job calling you, not crazies. High
Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

If you cannot get recommendations from any of your friends or family, post only the basics

the hours, the number of children (but not sex of children as you can tell that when you interview), any requirements you have (cpr certification, babysitting cert. etc.) and leave a cell number if possible. I would be leary about giving a home phone number as they can find out a lot by doing a reverse phone number search. You only want people interested in the job calling you, not crazies. High schools and local colleges are often good resources too as they usually have programs/classes for students interested in these kind of jobs
Old 03-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

You are smart to be cautious with your babysitter ad. You might want to check with your local high-school. They frequently have job/career offices for the students and post openings. They work with the students on how to be good employees. It sounds like your position might be perfect for a student who is considering a career in child development.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Great suggestion, Sue!

I know that my DS's high school will post job openings. In his school, the Guidance department is in charge of that.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:42 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wanted: Mature babysitter. Must be over 21, experienced, willing to babysit days/evenings/weekdays/weekends. Two children (baby and toddler), both in diapers. References required. Call 123-4567

Wanted: Experienced babysitter for evenings. Non-smoker, baby-care experience a must, cloth diaper experience a plus. Call 123-4567

Wanted: Older mature babysitter. Weekdays, 3 children (ages 6, 3, and 18 months). Will be in charge of childcare, laundry, meals. Call 123-4567

Wanted: Older grandmother type babysitter. 6 children (8 years to infant). Duties to include, bottle prep, diaper changing and care (cloth diapers/rubber pants), light household chores, some meal preparation. Start immediately. Call 123-4567