Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Women's Health Need a place to discuss the changes going on in your body? This forum is dedicated to the issues only a woman deals with.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stress is a horrible thing that wreaks havoc with the body and can cause lots of health problems.

Stress show up on my face and probably eventually shows up on my stomach and hips.
Love to eat eat eat when under stress.
However the worst thing that happens to me when under stress is I have terrible anxiety. Which I have learned to do a little bit of yoga and breathing remedies for. Have spent many a nite or day in the emergency room not being able to breathe. Thought I was having a heart attack or something.

Stess is bad. I have since learned to deal with my problems in a better way. But havent found a way to eliminate the stress.
always have stress.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:08 AM
A Member of the Family

Who's this guy?
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes, we all agree that stress is a baddie, but what is the solution? I think luvsbirds is on the right track with yoga, I am going to try that and meditation, just need to organize my time, as I try to sit, and then like sunny_mom I think of something and jump up......just need to clear my mind, I think it is a training thing, just have to keep trying!
Have a great - unstressful - week everyone!
Going away with my best friend (my daughter) for a week of relaxing in Whistler!
(my husband is also my bestfriend, but dd & I are like 2 peas in a pod and love to hang out together!) on my way to get her right now - she lives 3 hrs away!

Your Herbal Connection!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Alida.
Have a wonderful time in Whistler.
A beautiful place to go. BEAUTIFUL
My husband and I spent the night there about a year or so ago.
We always commented that we would like to go back someday.
That and the oregon Coast is our favorite hideout.
Cannon Beach is the best.

Have Fun.
Relax!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Alida...

I hope one day my girls and I will be that close~

Where is Whistler?

I like to take long walks in the mountain or when I lived in Houston, long walks along the Galveston shore at night! I would belt out praise songs to the horizon! It was great.
There is some thin about the outdoors with me. Especially near mountains or the ocean~

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
A Member of the Family

Who's this guy?
FamilyCorner Admirer

Cathy, Whistler is an hour or so north of Vancouver Canada. It is a ski resort that has grown and is now SO EXPENSIVE!! It is THE IN PLACE to ski, but we are not skiing, I just had a week of my time share to use up and that was available! We are bringing our own food, and are bringing books, movies, puzzles, etc and my family lives on Van. Island which is close by, so are going to visit them first! Tomorrow we have a 12 hr. car ride after Dave's grad (dd's dh).
Whistler is also where the 2010 winter olympics are going to be.
I hope you ARE as close to your daughter someday, it is the best! We talk almost every day on the phone, and wish we lived in the same town, but thank goodness for telephones and email!
We are getting excited now for our trip, can't wait!
Have a good week, everyone!

Your Herbal Connection!
Old 04-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Have a great stress free trip Alida!! Don't forget to come back and tell us all about your trip.
In the mean while I am going to give Yoga a shot too...
I could go to the beach but I will fret about taking all the right things and not missing some thing... forget it! Yoga it is

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members
Old 05-11-2004, 11:32 AM
A Member of the Family

Who's this guy?
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi, I'm back!! Had a wonderful trip, lots of driving to get there and back, but did have a wonderful time, had a great visit with dd, and ds and his step ds's came up (they loved the waterslide at our place!!) Also my parents came for a couple nights. We walked to the village every day and even treated ourselved to starbucks! We cooked in (I brought lots of food from home) as we couldn't afford to eat out there, it is VERY EXPENSIVE! We did lots of reading and our 1000 pc puzzle! Nice to be home, tho! Just don't want to go back to work (I start back Thursday)!
Have a great day everyone!

Your Herbal Connection!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:04 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My shoulders and stomach, combined with chronic poor sleep.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Nine Year Member

My normal stress is in my neck and shoulders. Now stress where someone is angry and upset messes with my bowels.

Roberta