Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Women's Health Need a place to discuss the changes going on in your body? This forum is dedicated to the issues only a woman deals with.

Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

mammograms

Well, the radiologists office called me yesterday to let me know they found 'something' on my mammo last week that wasn't normal. Went in this am for a 'magnified' mammo. Eight tries & he still couldn't get a clear look-see, so I had to have an ultrasound done as well. There is definately something there. I'll hear from the DR. next week. Kinda getting worried now.

momperson
Old 01-22-2004, 12:39 PM
BoggsZ

momperson I know its hard to not worry I had the same thing happen thay had to so a ultrasound to find it it was so deep and then i had a byopsy and it was fine please stay optemestic(SP) if you need to talk feel free to email me anytime take care.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

momperson, hang tight....I know the suspense is terrible right now. I hope that when all is said and done, it is something completely harmless and painless. Take care & we will keep you in prayer.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: mammograms

Quote:
Originally posted by momperson
Well, the radiologists office called me yesterday to let me know they found 'something' on my mammo last week that wasn't normal. Went in this am for a 'magnified' mammo. Eight tries & he still couldn't get a clear look-see, so I had to have an ultrasound done as well. There is definately something there. I'll hear from the DR. next week. Kinda getting worried now.
As I said on the WFD? thread, I went through this same thing a year and a half ago. I had gone for a routine mammo and they found something. They didn't even try the "magnified mammo" thing on me. I was sent straight for an ultrasound. A week later, I had the mass removed. Turned out to be just a glob of fibroid tissue.

Please don't stress your self too much....I know it is impossible not to think about.

Try to keep yourself "up" and "positive".

You're in our prayers.

((((HUGS))))
Old 01-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Momperson, I know just how you are feeling. I went through something similar two weeks ago... Hang in there... These doctors can be so thick-headed... Call the office tomorrow..., and see if you can get some preliminary report before the weekend...

You are in my thoughts... Val
Old 01-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Momperson - gosh, I'm so sorry you're going through this! I too had a similiar scare about a year and a half ago. My dr (lady dr) did my yearly and told me I had cancer. She did a biopsy and told me she call me in 3 days with the results. That would of been on a Friday. The dr didn't get the results, and the following Monday was a holiday, so I had to wait an extra 3 days! It was horrible, your mind can put you through so much. My results said no cancer, and I haven't been back to that dr since! She had no right to even say anything until she got the biopsy results. So, I know what you're going through, and I know how hard it is to get your mind off of it, but you need to keep yourself busy. Take a nice soak in the tub with some candles and your favorite book, watch a movie or clean out a closet. I'll be praying for you.

Carol

Old 01-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey ladies.. Just to let you know, I moved this thread from the "All other Health Issues" forum to the "Women's Health" forum.

Val
Old 01-24-2004, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I can't believe how many of us have had to go through the same thing. I am waiting now to go Wednesday for an ultrasound on my right breast because they "found" something on my mammogram. I have decided not to worry myself though until I have something to worry about.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Kim, that's just the way I have felt about everything I'm going through... Why invest the energy in needless wory. When they make a difinitive diagnosis.. I'll deal with whatever it is then...

Mamograms have become better technology..they "find" more "things" on the x-rays than they used to... so the sonograms are important to differentiate what the "things" are.

In the meantime we are left to wory.

I have read articals from Med journals suggesting that Mamograms are not the best diagnostic tool at all.. that maybe all women should be having sonograms for screening.... But insurance wouldn't pay....

I'll keep you in my thoughts Kim...

Val
Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks Val!