Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Women's Health Need a place to discuss the changes going on in your body? This forum is dedicated to the issues only a woman deals with.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I really don't know where to ask this question at so maybe someone can help me. I have 3 wonderful kids and have been on Depo the past year. Where I go to get my shots called and told me about IUD ParaGard T380A (Intrauterine Copper Contraceptive) Has anyone else every had this and if so what are the major risks? I have read the pamplet and looked up information on the internet but to me it is risky. I know everyone's body is different and, knowing me, I would be the one in a million for something major to happen. Can someone please help me? They don't want me on Depo for more than 2 years because of the risk later on of loss of calcium in my bones.

Thanks Becky

[Edited by moderator. For any questions, please PM Abear.]
Old 04-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

There is a group at yahoo groups called hotflash. They might be able to help you.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Becky, your post along with the response from watkinsnewbie has been split off into it's own thread and moved to the Women's Health forum for proper placement.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:47 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks Abear, I think I've decided to get my tubes tied. Made an appointment yesterday...

Hugs, Becky
Old 04-08-2005, 12:07 PM

I had a earlier version of this when I was younger called the Copper7 IUD. About the only negatives I found with it, was the guy could sometimes feel it. Not painful but they could feel it. It is very effective though.

Anna
Old 04-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OSI, this is a copper T deal but I just don't feel too safe about it being in my body that long. From what I have gathered from it is if the guy can feel it that means it isn't in there right. I don't know for sure. I just deceided to get my tubes tied that way I don't have to worry about it. I"m 26 years old and I know that seems too young but with 3 kids ages 9, 3 and 1 I'm just not sure right now.

Becky
Old 04-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Becky,

when I was younger I had a Copper 7.. The main drawbck was very bad menstrual cramps and clotting.

I had it for almost 5 years, and had a little trouble getting pregnnt after it was removed because of intra-utering scarring.

My Mom had a Copper 7 for almost 20 years.. and it stayed even after her menopause.

She had it put in after childbearing...and had no side effects at all..

As far as your Dh feeling it.. that's only if the threads are cut too short, and are poking him..He can't actually feel the device.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Becky,
I've been thinking of getting my tubes tied also, I'm on the depo now, and have been since I stopped nursing (before that I was on the half pill) my now 29 month old son. I am 29 and have a 2 boys. I just can't see us having another one at all!
Our other option was to have dh cut... I've heard that it takes a lot less recovering time, like a day or two compared to a couple of weeks! My dh doesn't have a problem with it, now it's just the question of getting him to actually make the appt. and take off work!
Good Luck!
Amy

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 04-09-2005, 05:59 PM

amyphoto

That's what my sister's husband did and had no problems with it at all.

littlecmom

before having the tubal, talk with your dh about this procedure.. men are sometimes such chickens about stuff like that, but it's much easier for them to recoup than women.

Best wishes on making the right decision for you and your family.

Anna
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm also on the Dep. I never heard anything about calcium loss. Just when I got to likeing not having my period. Gosh, after 4 years of not having it, I don't know if I could stand to get it again.