Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What's for Dinner July 2005

July is already here. For those of us in the United States, we'll be celebrating Independence Day this month. Anyone have special dinner plans for July 4th??

The hot weather is really settling in. What meals will everyone be serving this month to keep their kitchens cool??

Facts about July

Independence Day is observed in the United States on July 4. On that day in 1776, the Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence. In France, a similar holiday, Bastille Day, occurs on July 14. Several other countries celebrate national independence in July. Canada celebrates July 1 as Canada Day. Independence Day is celebrated in Venezuela on July 5; in Argentina, July 9; in Belgium, July 21; and in Peru, July 28.

The Ruby is the gem for July.

The water lily is the flower for the month of July.

IMPORTANT JULY EVENTS

The British North America Act went into effect, establishing the Dominion of Canada, July 1, 1867.

Thurgood Marshall , first black justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, born July 2, 1908.

Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence, and John Han**** signed it, July 4, 1776.

Work began on the Erie Canal, July 4, 1817.

Amendment 26, which sets the voting age at 18 in the United States, was proclaimed, July 5, 1971.

Japanese and Chinese troops clashed, beginning the struggle that became World War II, July 7, 1937.

U.S. astronaut Neil A. Armstrong became the first person to walk on the moon, July 20, 1969.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The best-laid plans of Moms....
I made out a whole menu for June. Just looked back at it, and we only ate "as planned" 14 days out of 30.
Tonight at dinner the kids and I made a new menu plan for most of July. All I have left to plan is the end of the month when DH and Big DS are at Boy Scout camp. Wonder how well we will do!

I do have a few grilled meals planned, and any oven meal except for the homemade pizza will be done in the roaster oven.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Nine Year Member

Just subscribing, will check back in with you all tomorrow!!!

Have a good night.................I am off to bed.

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 07-01-2005, 05:25 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Dinner this evening is going to be grilled bacon cheeseburgers, potato salad, and a green salad. Have a wonderful weekend, ladies!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, you opened the new thread after I posted last night! I still made is here this am. Will post later for tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 07-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp123us
Well, you opened the new thread after I posted last night!
Sorry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp123us
I still made is here this am.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jjoj--

Bacon cheeseburgers sound SO good! Since I never know what I'm making on Friday, I may just have to borrow your idea!

Barbszy--
Way to go on the manu planning! Even if you only followed the plan about half the time, at least you had a direction! One of these days I hope I get organized enough to do a month-at-a-time plan. I usually have some idea as to what I will be making for the week (or else grocery shopping would be a nightmare!), but a month out, or even 2 weeks out, I'd have no idea at this point!
Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone! I have a brother coming in from San Diego, so we will have a lot of family stuff going on, including a cookout at my Mom's on Sunday. May be winging it for a lot of the weekend though--his plans are never terribly organized! LOL! Happy 4th!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Just subscribing for now
Old 07-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks, Chris. I know what you mean about Fridays! By the time the weekend hits, I have a hard time getting in a cooking mood. Thank goodness for the grill!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Abear,

No problem! At least I made in the first day or so. Usually I forget to get on around the first of the month, if it is crazy around here. Then, I realize a new thread has opened... Then, I find the link and join the new month!

Do not be offended... I did not mean any harm or upset. Just thought I would try to be on asap for a challenge.

Still deciding what to do for supper as it is dd and myself tonight with the boys off at camp.

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily

Closed Thread