FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

Candy 06-29-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensmom526

Has anyone tried baking cookies on those disposable aluminum sheets?No ,but I removew my cookies after about 3 to 5 minutes to a baking cloth(cloth diapers I bought just for this) to cool so I can keep on baking.

How do I make jumbo sized choc. chip cookies..or am i better off making reg. size?Maybe do bar cookies the toll house choc chip recipe on the bag is good, then you can cut the size you want.

I lost my 7UP cake recipe does anyone have one?

thanks in advance and sorry for being a pain
nancy:confused:

Love ya Nancy hope this helps

Candy 06-29-2005 09:51 AM

I had some time and went back to read some of what I missed.
Nancy sorry I missed the pan problem...can you borrow a pan or two from a friend and or neighbor? The foil pans I would think would maybe cook faster and more uneven. I have used dollar store(cheep) pans though and if I kept an eye on them they done O.K.

Supper will be left overs tonite ...Sausage sandwiches,soup or whatevers in there...probly lots of veggies for me . We will see.

stellajean66 06-29-2005 10:35 AM

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing good on this Hump Day!!

I guess we ALL are suffering from heat and humidity, huh??? Jeeeeeeez, you step out the door here and feel like you are walking into a sauna. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Nancy,

I only have two cookie sheets, and when I am making a batch of cookies, when I take a sheet out of the oven, after I transfer the cookies to a plate, I stick my cookie sheet in the freezer for a couple of minutes, they cool down fast that way.

Dinner tonight is pork chops in gravy, rice and corn. Maybe some ice cream for dessert.

Have a good afternoon!!!

^^

jjoj 06-29-2005 10:47 AM

Hi, everyone! That's a great idea with the cookie sheet, Connie! I will have to give that a try. Dinner for tonight is grilled hotdogs, potato salad , baked beans and brownies. Take care!

sandieluvsbears 06-29-2005 12:17 PM

Hi everyone, What I do when baking cookies is I line the cooky sheets with REYNOLD parchment paper, (its where the foil etc are in the supermarket, even Walmart has it, than when I take the cookies out of the oven just slide the whole sheet onto my kitchen table or counter. The cookies dont stick, and dont burn either. A friend of mine that is a baker for a local bakery told me about this, and Ive used it ever since. Even if Im putting frozen fries or onion rings on a cookie sheet to cook I use the paper, nothing will stick to it, I love it!

Dinner tonight (if the rain stops) is chicken on the grill, and macaroni salad left from last night, its still humid here too, I hate cooking in this weather,we wont get any relief until Sat., from what the weather man says. Have a good night all
Hugs Sandie

Almost forgot NANCY try here for the seven up cake recipe
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/584/0.shtml

Pag36 06-29-2005 12:39 PM

thanks Sandi will have to get some of that parchment paper. We do a lot of the frozen fries here for the boys. And will be a big help when I start baking cookies in Oct/Nov for the holidays. Help on cleanup too.

Candy 06-29-2005 01:03 PM

Sandie , What a good idea. I use to sell parchment aper in my wilton products for baking...I kept some for me but keep forgetting about it. Thanks for the idea!

JoyJoy1086 06-29-2005 02:46 PM

Tonight will be steak on grill, baked potato,and green beans.

All the recipes sound good. Please keep them coming.:-D

martiehawk 06-29-2005 02:51 PM

I learned about parchment paper last year and LOVE it!!

Tonight is sloppy joes. Was supposed to have pasta salad with it but ran out of time. LOL! I guess it will be chips and dip instead.

barbszy 06-29-2005 03:15 PM

Tonight I am making Chicken Francese with rice and green beans on the side.
I got this recipe out of THE BROOKLYN COOKBOOK. It is a lot like the way my favorite diner makes this dish.

CHICKEN FRANCESE
Serves 4

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
3 tbl Romano cheese
3 tbl dried parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder

SAUCE:
1 stick butter
1 cup double-strength beef broth (2 bouillon cubes to 1 cup water)
3 tbl lemon juice

Mix the milk, eggs, cheese, parsley and garlic.
Slice the chicken into thin medallions.
Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in milk mix, flour again and saute in a little olive oil until brown on both sides.
Meanwhile, make sauce and bring it to a boil.
Put cooked chicken into a casserole dish. Pour sauce over top.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.