FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

DeBora4BobbyL 06-29-2005 06:13 AM

Well, we leave to go back to NM right after lunch.

Since we will on the road for 2 1/2 hours, I think that I'm going to make beef fajita quesadillas. I have some leftover tossed salad. IT'll be qquick and easy.

Candy 06-29-2005 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pag36
Hey guys got a question is there such a thing as a Diabetic Cake Mix?

In the diabetic /sugar free and special diets area of the supermarket there is a sugar free cake mix that has sweet in low (very expensive). On the diabetic health web site however they have several recipes that use a regular cake mix. Sugar in moderation is supose to be O.K. now. Whichever you do when I take a special diet item to a pot luck ext I make a fold over stand alone card to put in front of it that says reg cake mix sugar free pudding etc so they can decide to eat or not.
A real easy diabetic desert is : take a large can of fruit ****tail,rinse and drain. mix a large sugar free pistachio with 1/2 the milk it calls for and mix with the drained fruit. you can add cool whip to this also. I don't.

Pag36 06-29-2005 06:49 AM

Thank you Candy. Think I will go with the idea you gave me. But will check out the cake mixes when I get to the store. Your idea sounds great. I have a friend at the Senior Center who is diabetic, she is 75 yrs young and I just wanted to make sure there was at least 1 desert she can eat.

bensmom526 06-29-2005 07:17 AM

thanks

thanks for all your recipes....Ill have to see which I make...

DH... however volunteered me to
make cookies....I was mad because I only own 1 sheet and its insulated and takes 4ever to cool down..

So....

Has anyone tried baking cookies on those disposable aluminum sheets?

How do I make jumbo sized choc. chip cookies..or am i better off making reg. size?

I lost my 7UP cake recipe does anyone have one?

thanks in advance and sorry for being a pain
nancy:confused:

bensmom526 06-29-2005 07:33 AM

Ran across...

I ran across this recipe and thought someone might like it...

The Submitter says: For those of you on WW... these 1.3pts each. (figured 27pts for the batter and, it made 21 cookies.)

Equal(R)'s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Submitted by: EQUAL® Sweetener
You won't even guess that these cookies have 28% fewer calories than the
traditional recipe. They are quick, easy and delicious. Bake an extra batch for
the freezer. Servings: 24

Ingredients:
1/3 cup stick butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Beat butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until
blended. Mix in Equal® and brown sugar until combined.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix into butter mixture until well
blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated
350 degrees F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden color. Remove from
baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.

* May substitute 8 packets Equal® sweetener

barbszy 06-29-2005 07:42 AM

Nancy, do you have 9X 13 pans? You could make cookie bars in those. One batch will make a fairly THICK cookie bar in that size pan. Add a little bake time because it will be thicker than the regular bar cookie.
My mom used to use those disposable aluminum pans. Not the best results but they do work.

bensmom526 06-29-2005 08:15 AM

i do but

I have that size 3 of them...which are all over manhattan and queens...
they were taken home with food and never returned... >=0[

I have a deep roasting style PYREX but when i tried making brownies in that size the edges burned because the cake is spread so thin..and i made a double batch

nancy
:wigg:

barbszy 06-29-2005 08:23 AM

Nancy, the cookie bars should work great in the roasting pan. Brownies were made for a smaller pan, 9X13 at the biggest. But cookie bars usually are done in a 10X15 and a roaster is closer to that.
Just watch them, and cook them more toward the top of the oven, and use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan before you bake. Baking tip: Hold the pan in your hands, about 2 inches (no higher) off the counter. Drop the pan to the counter 2 or 3 times. It will bring the air bubbles to the surface. This works great for cakes and cookie bars.

bluebird 06-29-2005 09:27 AM

:walk: I am grilling now.... that is how I cook in the summer. I hate to heat up the house. Last night I made grilled chicken legs, pasta salad, mashed potatoes(leftovers) and cheesy green beans (added to the leftovers). Don't know what tonight's dinner will be....

trainlady 06-29-2005 09:38 AM

Tonight is pork chops, sausages, mashed potatoes and saurkrat.

hugs,train