FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

trekmom 06-28-2005 03:05 PM

Debora-congratulations on your GS :baby:

Bensmom-something I make and take to large gatherings is my Pudding Cake, it's easy enough but should be fixed the day before.

2 sm. boxes instant pudding mix, any flavor
1 lg cool whip
1 box graham crackers, any flavor
1 container frosting, any flavor, opt.

mix pudding with 4 cups of milk, after it is well mixed and starting to set add in cool whip. Mix well. Using 9x13 baking pan/dish layer pudding mix and graham crackers. I usually start with a graham cracker layer and end with a cracker layer.
Before adding the last layer of graham crackers I usually frost each cracker. After all crackers are in place I add the remaining frosting in the container and smooth over top layers to look like a cake.
Place in fridge overnight, but can be made as late as 3 hours before needed.

take care,

trekmom 06-28-2005 03:10 PM

almost forgot to post dinner tonight!
sloppy joes barbecue style with fried potatoes and onions. going to toast the hamburger buns in the oven briefly before eating.
Wish I had some of that banana cake w/caramel frosting for desert.....:lol:
I'll have to try that one soon, along with the banana salad

trekmom 06-28-2005 03:20 PM

I meant the banana split salad

lghtheart4 06-28-2005 06:02 PM

Hi Everybody...:) Had an easy meal this evening....polish sausage and potatoes mixed together with green beans. I usually buy Hillshire Farms sausage but this time it was a different brand and I could tell. I'm not picky all the time just about certain things...anybody else that way about certain foods? Bye...

Elaine

Nchilada5 06-28-2005 06:03 PM

Dinner tonight is burritos - not that anyone is hungry with all this gosh awful humidity!!!

martiehawk 06-28-2005 06:44 PM

Banana Pudding is an easy comfort dessert and the recipe I have makes quite a bit (like a large dishpan). I think I double it to make that much. It's been awhile since I made it but I know it does make a large bowl even not doubled.

Large Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding - I use sugar free when I can
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 large Cool Whip
1 box vanilla wafers
3 bananas or more

Mix pudding and milk together well. Fold in cool whip. Layer starting with cookies on bottom and then banana slices with pudding on top. Repeat as many times as you have ingredients. Ending with whatever you want on top to pretty it up the way you want it to look. Let chill in fridge a couple of hours or more.

Enjoy! :rednose:

fishyjags 06-28-2005 08:31 PM

Good evening everyone. Tonight for supper we had hamburgers with mushroom soup, sauteed(sp?)mushrooms and onions, corn and I also fixed some more steamed yellow squash with cheese for me :-P:: I LOVE squash!! Tho, I am really wanting to try spaghetti squash.....anyone have any good recipes for that? I guess I should ask that on the recipe exchange. I can't wait to try some of these recipes that have been posted here the last few days!!! I have to tell you, I absolutely LOVE it here :heart2: Have a GREAT evening....whats left of it, anyway!!

Susie

barbszy 06-29-2005 04:39 AM

Snowmoonelk, I would use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip if you can't find it in your stores. I think a regular tub of Cool Whip is about 4 cups (liquid measure) of whipped cream....It's hot there, hm? I hope my dad is doing OK. I got to talk to him Monday. He had gone to the Aran Islands for the day so not much riding. It's thunderstorms that are a problem when you're on a bicycle!

DeBora, congratulations on your new grandson! What wonderful news!

I've been at my parents' house from Monday lunchtime until after dinner last night. DD was supposed to stay the week but she "didn't feel good" so came home with the rest of us. I don't know if she's coming down with something, or just afraid to be homesick :confus: I guess we'll see how she is when she gets up.

Nancy, why not try a Jello Poke Cake? My great-aunt brought one up last night for our dessert and it was soooo good. Yellow cake baked in a 9X 13, and you poke holes in the warm cake and pour hot jello in there. Refrigerate. Then frost with cool whip or whipped cream and put strawberries on top.

futureteacher 06-29-2005 05:44 AM

Congratulations DeBora on your new grandson--how exciting!!

Dinner last night was ham steaks with baked beans and cottage cheese on the side. Tonight will be either hamburgers or sloppy joes with chips and salad. I feel like my dinners are getting very boring this summer, but it's so hot that I just don't feel too inspired with cooking!

Have a good day everyone!

Pag36 06-29-2005 06:11 AM

Hey guys got a question is there such a thing as a Diabetic Cake Mix? I know there is sugar free Jello which I would use for the Poke Cake thanks for the idea Barbszy tho' you were giving it to Nancy. The Senior Center is having their 4th on the 5th and I am taking a Salad (not sure what kind yet) and a desert.

Dinner last nite was 'sketti pretty good if I do say so myself. Not sure yet what for tonite. Happy Cooking/Eating every one and God bless