FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

DeBora4BobbyL 06-28-2005 09:51 AM

Thanks for the congrats everyone. We are staying another night--at least--to help DD and SIL with the 22 month-old while they get used to the DS. DD called after breakfast saying that she was hungry. We were just about to go to another trailer park that has a playground and other stuff--including Internet. So, I just cooked some steak quesadillas for their lunch and am waiting for DH. He is at the RV store and will be right back. We plan on taking lucn for DD and SIL--it will be an excuse to go play with the baby--not that we need one!;)

I'm thinking about making hoagie sanwhiches for dinner. (We left in such a hurry that I didn't bring all my cooking utencils.) I take kaiser rolls and split them. I put mayo, a slice onion, a slice tomato, and 2-3 slices of 2 types of lunch meat, 2-3 slices of 2 different cheeses. Then, I wrap them in foil and bake for 15 minutes at 350-375 degrees. I let them sit for a few minutes--then we devour them!

If DD does want that, I'll probably make Hobo dinners. That's when I take a piece of boneless chicken or other meat, a few chunck of potatoes, and another veggie with a chunk of onion. I wrap these in foil and bake just like the Hoagie sandwiches. But, I'm pretty such DD will love the sandwich idea. Of course, I'm missing my Texas BBQ so much and we never got to cook our brisket that I may go to a BBQ place and grab me some BBQ!:)

beckanoah 06-28-2005 10:59 AM

Tonight we are having broiled BBQ Chicken, greenbeans with new potatoes, and some strawberries for dessert.

:magic:

bensmom526 06-28-2005 11:03 AM

Help

I need some recipes that are quick easy and which will feed alot...

We have to go to a memorial and reception on thurs. in honor of DH friend's memory and DH just told me that they need help with the potluck desserts..I have no idea what to make all he was told is that they want comfort foods....HELP Ive never had to do this....

im counting on you ladies

nancy:help:

RobertaD 06-28-2005 12:28 PM

Dinner tonight is on FIL we are all going to Bob Evans to dinner then to a surprise party.

Roberta

sharona 06-28-2005 12:32 PM

Supper tonight will be pizza. Last night we made bacon and tomato sandwiches on onion rolls. Yum!

asp123us 06-28-2005 01:29 PM

Nancy,

I cannot help. Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by comfort desserts. Comfort foods I think of as main or side dishes. I know, what a ..........

Hope someone can help you out here. There is a wealth of information with all of these ladies!

Have a great day!

Yes, a short night. I will be returning to sleep for a few hours this evening before going to work.

I am thinking of frozen pizza for a quick meal. It is just the 3 of us as ds is at camp and he eats the most.

Andrea

:sparkle:

jjoj 06-28-2005 01:56 PM

Congratuations on your new grandbaby, DeBora! How sweet!:heart:
Nancy, I would think anything having to do with chocolate would be comforting, but that's just my humble opinion.
For dinner tonight, we are having chili in the crockpot and cinnamon rolls. Have a nice evening!

DeBora4BobbyL 06-28-2005 02:18 PM

Thank you JJOJ!

Bensmom, I would make dump cake because it tastes great (hubby won a Valentine's Day bake-off at church once with it) and NO MIXING! Also, there's only 4 ingredients! I would take those large tin pans that can be thrown away as well. Plus, if you serve it hot, it tastes really great with ice cream. Here's the recipe:

For each dump cake:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 can pineapple tidbits with the juice
1 can cherries with the juice
1 stick of butter

Dump the can(s) of pineapples and spread out. Then, dump the can of cherries and spread out. Then, dump the cake mix and spread out evenly. Then, chop up the butter evenly on top. Bake in a 375 degree oven until hot and bubbly!

Good luck!

snowmoonelk 06-28-2005 02:47 PM

Thanks Catlover - sounds delicious, but, unfortunately, we don't have it here! I wonder why. I also wonder if there is something similar I could use instead, like frozen yogurt?

snowmoonelk 06-28-2005 03:00 PM

So happy for you, DeBora!! How lovely, a little bundle of joy for you all. Have a safe journey home.

Dinner tonight was puff pastry rolled out thinly and spread with pesto, crumbled feta cheese and ham, then crimped together like a cornish pasty, brushed with beaten egg and baked until crisp and golden. Had that with fresh lettuce and shallots from the garden and cucumber.