FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

asp123us 06-26-2005 07:29 AM

Thanks, cat lover!

I see the spices are a little different. I will try this. Dh thinks I am crazy trying to make things from scratch!

Thanks,

Andrea

:sparkle:

Amanda 06-26-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asp123us
I am looking for a homemade spaghetti sauce. I have a homemade pizza sauce. What different spices could I have in the spaghetti versus the pizza sauce? The sauce I make has basil, oregano, garlic, onion powder, salt, sugar. Any and all suggestions welcome! My dh wants a different taste for the different foods. What about lasagna sauce spices?

Well mine is not extravagant, but everyone seems to love it:

Spaghetti Sauce

15 oz can tomato sauce
12 oz can tomato paste (plus 3 cans of water from this can)
dried basil (1 tbsp or to taste)
garlic salt (1 tsp or to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp parmasan cheese (optional)

that's pretty much it :confus:

My lasagna sauce is the same, but the italian sausage and the ground beef add a different flavor to it.

jjoj 06-26-2005 07:49 AM

Ooh, catlover, that tomato pie recipe sounds so yummy!:-P:: I am definitely going to try that out. There have been a lot of great recipes in the last few days! Dinner for this evening is going to be chef salad and corn muffins. Something light and easy. Take care and Happy Sunday to you all!

Pag36 06-26-2005 08:28 AM

Good morning all, hope it is bright and pretty where you are here it is gloomy/rainy :bawl: . I know we needed some rain but I wish it would just rain at nite LOL. Don't always get my wish tho'.

The 'sketti sauce recipe sounds good to me. Just printed it out. May do that tonite not sure yet.

Happy Sunday all and Happy Cooking/Eating God bless

Amanda 06-26-2005 09:14 AM

We are just having Sloppy Joes tonight as we are having TJ's birthday party at the pool this afternoon. So something easy is definitely a must LOL

cat lover 06-26-2005 09:26 AM

Went ahead and made another Banana cake with caramel icing for dessert tonight before it got too hot to use the oven. Decided on either BOCA burgers, or turkey burgers for supper tonight probably cooked on the george foreman. Will have baked potatoes cooked in the small convection oven and corn on the cob that I have in the freezer from my last bargin of 10 cents an ear! Fairly quick and easy tonight!

87 degrees out right now so the day is starting to heat up! Thank goodness for shade trees and fans!

:lol:

:cat:

melly 06-26-2005 09:27 AM

For dinner tonight we will be having spaghetti with meatballs. Something easy and everyone likes it.

Have a nice day everyone.---Mel

RobertaD 06-26-2005 10:06 AM

Pizza sauce

Pizza Hut Sauce

1 15 ounce can tomato sauce

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

1/4 tsp. dried basil leaves

1/4 tsp. dried thyme

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. ground black pepper

1 bay leaf

1/2 tsp. lemon juice

dash of onion powder

1/2 Tbs. sugar

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat the sauce until it starts to bubble, then turn the heat down and simmer, covered for 30 to 60 minutes, until it reaches the thickness you desire. When the sauce is cooled store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container until required.

Roberta

asp123us 06-26-2005 10:25 AM

Thank you, Amanda & Roberta,

Each recipe has different spices/ingredients. I will try each until dh is happy that it does not all taste the same.:-D

Thank you,

Still wondering what to make for the 2 of us. There is plenty in the pantry!

I need some sleep. The "boys" just left about 45 minutes ago. I am waiting for a call that they arrived safely. They are stopping for lunch on the way. They should still be there within 1.5 hours.

Have a great a day!

Andrea

boggsZ 06-26-2005 11:03 AM

Hi everyone I want to make zuchene bread i know that not spelled right but any way i want to make it as low fat low cal as possible do any of you have a recipe for one low fat low cal.

cooked on the grill today quick and easy