FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

Pag36 06-24-2005 03:36 PM

I would be lost too if they quit running the Amtrak. I even don't mind waiting in a car while a box car train goes by. Others don't share my feeling there for sure lol. And that is how I am getting to my reunion IF!!

Tonite is very simple grilled cheese sandwichs done in my sandwich maker. And ice cream for me popsicles for the boys later. The ice cream is low fat one and I will not eat much I promise ;)

STTAAR 06-24-2005 03:39 PM

Hello,

When my kids kids want something sweet I used to make just strawberries and cream. Recently I had bought some nectarines that were NOT so sweet and the kids did not like them.

I cleaned, hulled and diced strawberries. I separated about a fourth of my strawberries and mash them with sugar and (your choice of) cream/milk/or evaporated milk then mix them back in with the rest of the strawberries. Peel and dice the nectarines and add to the strawberry mixture. The kids and DH LOVED it.

barbszy 06-24-2005 03:50 PM

Patti, you ARE coming to the reunion!! :wigg: I can't wait to get the chance to meet you "in person!"

Nancy & Omar, Happy Anniversary and many happy, healthy years to you both!

Tonight for dinner we had Taco Hell. DH did some caulking in the kitchen along the backsplash, and around the sink. So the sink can't be used for 24 hours (lunchtime tomorrow). What a shame. I can't wash dishes until noon tomorrow. I sure am broken up about that :lol:

DD and I took the opportunity (we had EVERYTHING off the countertops) to rearrange the countertop stuff a bit. I still have way too much on there, but there's nowhere else to put it!

jjoj 06-24-2005 04:12 PM

Catlover, oh, wow, you're kidding! I can believe it, though-it is very dry right now. Our front porch is a cistern. We just had water delivered on Wednesday, so I'll make sure to be extra careful. Thanks for telling me. Hopefully, it will rain soon.
Barbszy, I don't think I want any of that! Hope you are all okay. lol ;) Have a nice evening, everyone!

trekmom 06-24-2005 04:23 PM

SIL bought pizza hut tonight, got some for my parents too--he's so nice when he's got OT in his paycheck....LOL

Happy Anniversary Bensmom!!:party:

:baby: Mamahen-congratulations on the new grandson!!

snowmoonelk 06-24-2005 05:05 PM

:wigg: Hello to you all, and happy anniversary Bensmom.

We have been having some drastic weather her in the UK, although, where I am, we have been very lucky in that it has been cool and overcast (VERY different from yesterday, which was a heatwave!). Some parts of the country have been hit by mini tornados, struck by lightning (with houses set on fire!) and deluged with a month's worth of water in just a few hours.

Tonight I had to work, so a nice ham and tomato sandwich on wholemeal bread for me and burgers and beans for the children. Bless 'em!

asp123us 06-24-2005 05:14 PM

Hello everyone!

We had leftover chicken pot pie, sandwiches, and anything that was left for the last few days. I packed my lunch from baked potatoes, chicken, and pork and beans. A little chicken from last night's prep is left. I will use it on Sat. for a meal. I will cook up ground beef for use later so it doesn't go bad. I plan on eating at home all weekend, all meals. We have the stuff, just need to make it.::-)::

Have a great day everyone!

Andrea

:sparkle:

kcqueenm 06-24-2005 05:23 PM

Left-over fried chicken and a ear of corn for me it's too hot for anything else

beckanoah 06-24-2005 06:03 PM

We ended up having BLT's and mashed potato cakes instead of the other meal I typed out. I like this forum, but now you can only edit your post right after you make it, if you haven't typed another post.

:wigg:

kcqueenm 06-24-2005 06:07 PM

That was an excellent idea no muss no fuss!:tong: