FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? June 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/14583-whats-dinner-june-2005-a.html)

RobertaD 06-02-2005 03:05 PM

I made cream dried beef over biscuits with peas. Wasn't too inspired but everything was in the refrigerator or freezer and bought on sale with coupons so the meal cost $2.50 and we have leftovers for two.

Roberta

sandieluvsbears 06-03-2005 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ROFLMAO
I just now noticed I have a CHEF GUY, lol, I had to go back to the May thread to find out why I got it, I never got a notice or anything, it just goes to show I dont always read the back posts, but as far as my not noticing it, I have no excuse for that, except, I must have been in a coma the last few days!!!

Tonight Im making macaroni pizza, this is another of my dd's recipes,the reason Im finding all her recipes is because I took her HUGE MESS of recipes the last time I was at her house and organized them all and emailed her them, she had recipes torn out from magizines,some written on the back of envelopes,one of them she tore out of a magazine, was so funny she was in the dentist office and found it, and she said do you know how hard that was to tear out that recipe without anyone hearing me do it?? I just cracked up laughing.
here is the recipe if anyone iwants it, I use my leftover spagh sauce for this and add pepperoni (dh's fav).

MACARONI PIZZA

Try this for an easy and different way to present homemade pizza.

Ingredients:
8 ounces uncooked macaroni
3 eggs
4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cheeze and the macaroni, cooked and well drained. Spread on to a greased 14 inch pizza pan.

Bake in 3750 oven for 15 minutes.

While the pizza crust is baking, prepare ingredients to spread over crust.
1 - 15 ounce can prepared pizza sauce
- 1 pound ground meat, browned
Assorted veggies oinions, peppers, mushrooms
Assorted cold cuts salami, pepperoni
Additional cheese mozzarella, parmesan
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheeze is melted.

Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. (Serves 6-8)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Hugs Sandie

barbszy 06-03-2005 08:03 AM

Tonight's dinner will be spareribs. "Side" dishes are undetermined at this time! ROFLMAO Possibly rice pilaf for the grownups, and boxed mac & cheese for the kids. Green salad.

Pag36 06-03-2005 08:45 AM

Not sure tonite but may be grilled cheese w/tomato sandwiches and french fries also got some mac & cheese leftover. Some thing simple and will not heat up the kitchen.

DeBora4BobbyL 06-03-2005 08:45 AM

ROTFL sandieluvsbears! I would definately go with the coma story! ;)

Tonight I making hamburger stroganoff with egg noodles, for side dishes I'm cooking carrots and leftover salad.

RobertaD 06-03-2005 09:58 AM

Tonight is easy LEFTOVERS! LOL I have a rump roast thawing for Saturday.

Roberta

stellajean66 06-03-2005 10:51 AM

Hi all and Happy Friday!!!

Hope everyone is doing good and looking forward to their weekend.

Another overcast day here today, with some light rain.

Dinner tonight is beef stroganoff, which is in the crockpot now, sides will be carrots and cucumber salad, and also crescent rolls. We are having a friend over for dinner tonight. I just pulled out of the oven a hummingbird cake. She has never had it before, so hopefully she will like it.

Have a great afternoon!!!

:daisy:

sonya 06-03-2005 03:31 PM

Dinner tonight is Monterey Ravioli, Crooked neck squash, zuccini, and garlic bread.

It's been a long short week.

Have a good weekend.

theirmom 06-03-2005 06:58 PM

Sandie, your sugar cookies look wonderful. I am going to have to try them. Sugar cookies are one of my favorites.

Tonight we are having leftover goulash. Last night I made enchiladas upon DD's request. I used chicken breast and let it simmer in the crockpot all day after browning the chicken breast. It tastes so much better after simmering. We have some left so they will be dinner tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend all.
Hugs, Stormy

Abear 06-03-2005 11:30 PM

Hi everyone! :wigg: Lots of good cooking going on in this thread!!

Last night I made spaghetti with browned ground round added to the sauce. I think the sauce had been in the freezer too long...it had a funny taste to it. :confus: I think I need to find me a recipe that freezes well. :help:

Tonight was supposed to be marinated chicken but when DD & DDF informed me that they were going out tonight with some friends, I decided that the two DS & I were going out for pizza. I've been wanting a specific pizza from a local place for well over a month now. (and barbszy's family's pizza trip the other night before the school fundraiser just made my craving worse! ;) ) The pizza is called The Cajun Executioner... it has pepperoni, two different kinds of cajun sausage, shrimp, bell pepper, onions, LOADS of jalapenos and their own special recipe pizza sauce! It is sooooo yummy! Even though I ordered a small pizza, I had enough leftover to bring some home for mine & FIL's lunch tomorrow. He loves pizza but won't go out for it. The two DS shared a cheese pizza and we all had salads. Excellent supper!!! :clapp: