Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tonight's dinner will be brats and tossed salad. It's too hot to cook in the house!
Have a good Wednesday--halfway through the week!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barbszy, I am with you. I wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt until it is time to go out, then I change to shorts.

We are having ribs, pasta salad with black beans and veggies, watermelon, and a veggie plate for dinner. Something for everybody.

What are flips?

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 06-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Not sure what dinner will be tonite. I have some fish filets already breaded that I may do. But of course Steven will not want any of it. But Adam and the rest of us will. If I get ambitious I may go down and put together mac & cheese in the crockpot as we all like that what else with it who knows. Got a load of clothes I want to hang out gives me a bit of exercise too which I for sure need.

Happy cooking/grilling/eating everyone
Old 06-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I was scheduled to have the temporary Occipital Nerve Stimulator put in at 4pm and ended up not going in until 8pm! I didn't get home until 11pm. I do NOT like it, so I will hopefully get this out Friday. I like the nerve blocks better and they have given me great results!

Many of you would hate the temp at my house. DH loves to have icecicles on the ceiling! I am a desert rat so my chihuahuas and I huddle around a little heater year-round! lol

You guys are making me hungry with the drunken chicken, the flips, and the salads! I haven't decided what to have for dinner. It'll depend on how I am feeling. DH is going to TX to get DGD. She 21 months old. She asked my SIL if she could come visit Nana and I said YES (of course, after they twisted my arm! ) So, I may have spaghetti and meatballs since that is EASY! I can get the meatballs frozen and the sauce pre-made as well. I'll have to throw together a salad since she and I LOVE salads too!

I hope everyone is having a great hump day!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dinsky
What are flips?
Debbie - here's the link to DeBora18's recipe:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=14089

Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight. Going with DD to look for wedding invitations & napkins and then to get the two DS their allergy shots. THEN, we're going to do some grocery shopping. I'll decide what I am cooking after we get done shopping. It won't be anything too difficult since my arm that they injected that dye into is really sore & hurting.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hi

Dinner: we went for a walk..actuallly we used to do this route when we were dating ...we didnt go far..it didnt seem so long of a stroll of course that was minus 2 kids =0) so we stopped for pizza..bens choice im so tired of the stuff

dinner tonight is the leftover sweet and sour chicken..but i got the right can of pineapples so im remaking the sauce =0)

Got a question...Does anyone have a recipe for SANGRIA?

happy cooking
nancy
Old 06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Personally, I do not think that you can go wrong with Sangria Bensmom. Here's a recipe that you can change around a bit depending on what juices that you like and what sweeteners that you like (honey, sugar, etc...)

Sangria

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 large lemon
1 large orange
1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 (750 ml.) bottle dry red wine (recommended: Rioja)
1/2 cup Grand Marnier

Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Thinly slice 1/2 of the lemon and 1/2 of the orange. Combine in large pitcher. Juice the other halves of the lemon and orange and add juice and rinds to the pitcher. Add the apple, wine, Grand Marnier and chilled syrup to the pitcher and stir until well mixed. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Serve straight up or on the rocks.

This is one of Emeril;s recipes on foodnetwork.com. I LOVE everything that he makes. Mostly, Sangria is red wine and citris juices and sugar.

Good luck!

BTW, let us know how your results go Abear!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi all

Tonight I am making baked chicken, baked Zuccinni (sp) and left over mashed potatoes. A nice simple meal for tonight.

Hope all have a great day.
Hugs
Old 06-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all, and Happy Hump Day!!!

Hope everyone is keeping cool................it is soooooooooooooo HOT!!!

Dinner tonight is barbecued pork ribs, mac and cheese and corn on the cob. I cooked up some butterscotch pudding for dessert. YUM YUM!!!

Have a good evening!!!

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, supper has been decided. Stuffed, skinless chicken breasts for everyone else and a skinless, seasoned chicken breast for me. I am also baking some potatoes and steaming some carrots. I'll also put some salad on the table for anyone who is interested in eating some other than myself.

Closed Thread