FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What's For Dinner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/)
-   -   What's for Dinner? - January 2005 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-s-dinner/13481-whats-dinner-january-2005-a.html)

Abear 12-26-2004 11:27 AM

What's for Dinner? - January 2005

2005 is Here!!! ^^ ^^ ^^

Where did 2004 go???? :confus: :confus:

I don't know about everyone else, but I am anxious to start a new year and leave the old one behind!!! :clapp:

So, what are you serving for your New Year's Day dinner??

It's time to start another year of sharing our menu ideas, recipes and our lives.

Abear 12-30-2004 03:22 PM

Our New Year's Day Menu:

Seasoned Pork Roast
Seasoned Turkey Roll
Roasted Potatoes
Smothered Cabbage
Blackeye Peas
Garden Salad
Corn Bread

There will also be raw cabbage for those (like myself) who do not especially care for smothered cabbage.

Pag36 12-30-2004 03:47 PM

Whats for dinner-Jan

My New Year Dinner will be the following

Ham Slices done in oven with Honey and Basalmic Vinegar
Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Green Peas
Blackeyed Peas
Rolls
Extra Mashed potatoes WITH turnips mashed together and YES it is good but Judy and I are the only two that like them that way
fruit salad or some other salad

NEAVON12 12-30-2004 04:59 PM

Jan-whats for dinner

New years day is (like Yall!) Roast pork, cabbage, and black eyed peas, but best of all.....it is at a friends house and I don't have to cook!!! Woo hoo!!!

sandieluvsbears 12-30-2004 05:15 PM

::: Happy New Year!!

I just learned about the tradition of black eyed peas today on another thread,you can tell Im not from the south,LOL.
We are having a few friends over New Years Eve, and we always get Chinese take out. Now on New Years day its also Chinese Food only we go to this HUGE Chinese buffet at this restaurant we have been going to for about 10 years.I can eat Chinese food any time and the fact that I dont have to cook both days is even BETTER!!
I wish you all Happy and Healthy New Year!!
Hugs Sandie

sharona 12-30-2004 05:58 PM

Yikes! January all ready!

Our meal will be anything in the fridge that we shouldn't eat because the diets start the 2nd. There will be a some black eyed peas, though, just for luck.

Sharon

debknechtel 12-30-2004 06:34 PM

Hi neavon12:wigg: Welcome to the WFD thread!!!

New years Eve dinner here will be

Ham~with mustard/sugar glaze
scalloped potatoes
green beans
creamed corn
biscuits
apple pie

Tonight we had taco's. I was tired off chickengs
Debbie

cat lover 12-31-2004 05:55 AM

Going to see if I have a marinated pork roast in the freezer, fix some coleslaw, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and if we can get out our drive I 'm going to the grocery. Want to get some yellow squash and zucchini to steam with the broccoli.

Will fix us something "sweet" for dessert, but not sure what yet.

Have to go get ready and "try" to get out the drive, back later.

Happy New Year 2005!

:cat:

barbszy 12-31-2004 06:04 AM

Abear, what is "Smothered" cabbage?

I got a big jar of Polish sauerkraut yesterday at the store, and I'll serve pork tomorrow in some form or other. Haven't decided yet.

Tonight the plan is to have Spanish Garlic Shrimp with rice.

After dinner we are going to a friend's house. They have fireworks at midnight but I don't expect Luke to last that long, so we'll take 2 cars and I'll take Luke home when he gets too crabby. I'm bringing some chili cheese dip.

momofjems 12-31-2004 06:49 AM

I haven't even planned a special dinner for tonight. Where is my brain???
I know that we are going to have make a cheese ball or two to snack on while we play canasta tonight and toast in the New Year with our non-alcholic bubbly, but I don't know yet about dinner. If I get the stitches out of the bottom of my foot today, then I'll think about making dinner, otherwise, I'll let someone else cook.
Eggs Benedict (my recipe) sounds good, though.