Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Thanks momofjems. I will have to pick one up when I go to Texas next time and try it.

I didn't drink my silver in time so I think I caught the cold that my co-worker had last week. Plus, I have to finish all my math homework and do a test TODAY. So, tonight, we are having baked ziti that I pulled from the freezer!
Old 01-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you, Catlover,for explaining to me about the turbo cooker. It sounds like a very healthful method of cooking,with the steaming and not needing to use oil.
Dinner tonight was tuna salad sandwiches and fruit. Very simple. I wasn't in a cooking mood today. Take care ladies and have a nice evening!
Old 01-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Chicken Pot Pie and for desert Peanut Brittle.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jjoj
Thank you, Catlover,for explaining to me about the turbo cooker. It sounds like a very healthful method of cooking,with the steaming and not needing to use oil.
Dinner tonight was tuna salad sandwiches and fruit. Very simple. I wasn't in a cooking mood today. Take care ladies and have a nice evening!
Glad to see some more gals interested in the Turbo Cooker.
Thanks Catlover for explaining about it.

_________
Sueanne

Old 01-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Nine Year Member

Guess I'll have to jump on the Turbo Cooker bandwagon too. Sounds great!

Had beef stew with rice tonight and I get some for lunch tomorrow. My dd#1 makes pretty good stew. Don't know what we'll have tomorrow yet. We actually have food/meat to choose from this week-now if I could just get everyone to eat the leftovers so I don't have to throw food away
Old 01-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello ladies...

Ohh whoever was asking about jicima. It's one of my favorite raw food snacks. It's sort of a starchy-tasting apple when it's fresh, and a sweet tasting potato when it's older. ... usually crunchy and juicy.. but definately starchy.. I have never eaten it cooked. Only as a snack or raw in salads. I don't think it has enough starch to hold up to a lot of cooking. but maybe it would be good in a a stir fry.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...23,249,00.html

Here is a web site that says you can use it like a potato.. so I dunno...

Tonight my dd's had some of their friends over. I have a VERY small house so when you put 6 teen and pre-teen girls in here it gets crowded quick!! Add a small dog, a husband and a kareoke/TV machine.. Well let's just say that the prudent course of action was to order pizza, close my bedroom door, and bang on the wall occasionally, while shouting "hey, turn that down!~" ...

We will have that pasta and home made meat sauce tomorrow night!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Nine Year Member

Pretty cold here tonight expected to hit 27* overnight. Of course Friday woke up to a cold house something in the furnace went. Called the service man but all he could do was confirm it and ordered a part. Hopefully Monday he can fix it?
Been using a couple of portable heaters with ceramic disks work pretty good house is holding 70*.

Made a cake in the oven and a meatloaf. Cooked some zucchini in the turbo cooker with rice and tomato. Had some leftover cauliflower from the night before. Still eating papaya for dessert helps with digestion. The oven kept the house nice and warm.
_______
Sueanne

Old 01-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Val, thank you for describing the taste and texture better than I did. Since this was my first experience with jimica, then we must have picked out an older one. How do you tell the older ones from the newer, fresher ones....meaning the ones that is more like an apple. This is going to be one of my favorite snack foods either older or fresher.

It is not quite 5:00 a.m. so I haven't decided about supper. I am going to make everyone in the house that wants one and is awake, fruit smoothies in about an hour. I have a pkg. of ground beef thawed out in the fridge and that needs to be used up today. Can't decide what to do with it. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! We have some good friends from Malaysia. They always eat jicama with jasmine rice, other veggies and squid (eew). She just served it raw, sliced julliene style. It's really good. I was not brave enough to try the squid, though. lol.
For dinner, we are having meat loaf, salad, and I can't decide between mac and cheese or twice baked potatoes. Take care and God bless.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It is 14 degrees out there now UGH! for us that is really cold. I will be dressed VERY warm to take Steven down to bus stop and no standing talking after the kids are on bus.

Dinner tonite don't know but most likely will do something in oven to help the house get bit warmer. May make some choc chip cookies during the day too. More later got to make sure he is all ready for school. God bless and stay warm

Closed Thread