Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally posted by momofjems
Sueanne, your meals always sound so good. Where did you get your turbo cooker at? Everytime I see your posts with your meals cooked in yours, it makes me want to get one.
momofjems..... Bought my first one from tv commercial. After that DH picked me up a couple at goodwill. Also gave one to DS he loves it. My Sister bought hers at Target. Now they sell a junior size also. Keep mine on the stove at all times.
________
Sueanne

Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Suanne what do they run price wise? I know you sure use yours a lot bout like me and my beloved crockpot
Old 01-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Head Moderator

momofjems, I too liked the way all sueanne's meals sounded so good and asked the same thing. I couldn't find them anywhere any longer in the stores so I kept a lookout in thrift stores and stores like that. I was lucky to come across one one day in our local little "junk store". I'm having a lot of fun learning to cook in it, so nice because you can "fry" with 1-2 tbsp of oil, and cook a whole meal in one pan!

If you type in turbocooker.com it will take you to a web site where you can buy them. They are a little costly I think, but since I have mine I would have to tell you well worth it!

There are several web sites that sueanne had directed me too also for recipes till you learn the knack of cooking in them and then you can do it all on your own! If you type in turbo cooker recipes you'll be directed to several good sites.

Good luck and hope you become a owner of one soon!

Old 01-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

jjoj, please keep us posted the next time you make meatballs. If I have any left, I make sugo sauce or maranara sauce and make a meatball sub! Yum!

I used to have chickens and totally enjoyed it. (Being from West Texas, snakes never bothered me.) However, my daughter spoiled them to death! I didn't know that chickens could be spoiled. LOL

Every time I hear that there is some nasty cold weather out there, I think of you guys. I hope everyone survives the cold and is able to stay busy and warm. I live in the desert because I HATE the cold!

Tonight, I'm having steak, sicne we have one left from the other day that will go bad if I don't cook it. I'm also going to make cream of tomato soup, and tomato, cucumber, and feta cheese salad.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We are having whatever I can find in the freezer. I'm not going out in this mess, and the oven will help heat the kitchen (strangely the coldest room in the house). One year my dish soap froze under the kitchen sink!!!

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 01-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by cat lover
momofjems, I too liked the way all sueanne's meals sounded so good and asked the same thing. I couldn't find them anywhere any longer in the stores so I kept a lookout in thrift stores and stores like that. I was lucky to come across one one day in our local little "junk store". I'm having a lot of fun learning to cook in it, so nice because you can "fry" with 1-2 tbsp of oil, and cook a whole meal in one pan!

If you type in turbocooker.com it will take you to a web site where you can buy them. They are a little costly I think, but since I have mine I would have to tell you well worth it!

There are several web sites that sueanne had directed me too also for recipes till you learn the knack of cooking in them and then you can do it all on your own! If you type in turbo cooker recipes you'll be directed to several good sites.

Good luck and hope you become a owner of one soon!

Thank you for your help. I will keep my eye out for a turbo cooker at our thrift stores here. Since my dh used to work at our church owned one here for a year (training), they take good care of us. I'll ask one of the guys in the back to keep his eye out and he will. Dh has been told by one of the supervisors that he is welcome to come back and volunteer.

Dinner tonight was different kinds of frozen appetizers and cut up veggies. Had Jimica (sp?) for the first time. What an interesting flavor. Thought it would be more like a raw potato, but nope.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DeBora, meatball subs yum! I will let you know when I attempt them again. I think I am definitely sold on getting chickens. I think it would be a good experience for the kids too.
What is a turbo cooker? Is that similar to the Nesco?
Take care!
Old 01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all, haven't seen any activity here today, hope everyone's doing OK and not having problems with the weather.

Today we had fried chicken, mashed taters & gravy, corn on the cob and regular corn out of a can(SIL doesn't like on the cob, and I kind of had a senior moment forgetting about the cobs myself--LOL)-and biscuits too! Had chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert-my SIL's BD today. So dinner was made for him-he doesn't like chicken unless it's fried. At least I've got a good lunch tomorrow........

Well, was going to play some games at Pogo.com but it's passed time for bed-hoping for NO snow or ice here in the morning, would rather no rain too but we've already had a bit of a shower.
Take care all,
Old 01-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Had leftover Spaghetti here tonite, with spaghettios for IMP. And he had a piece of Adam's b'day cake.

Have no idea what we will have to eat tomorrow. Maybe hotdogs/french fries or Mac & Cheese. Time will tell.

Stay warm all
Old 01-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Granny had chickens and I always had fun gathering the eggs. She told me to watch out for the old rooster, but he never bothered me. One day when my cousin was with me, and the rooster didn't like it one bit! My cousin cleared the barbed wire fence, but I was a bit younger and shorter. Only one leg made it over, my foot was hanging in the wire until my pulled it off. I never gathered eggs again.

In some ways I would love to be snowed in , but my heating bill has already doubled this month. I can only imagine what it will be like for those of you in the negative degrees.

WWFD... we had left over steak on sandwiches with fries.

Closed Thread