What's for Dinner? - January 2005 - Page 23 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I am planning on making rotisserie chicken tomorrow. Does anybody know any good, simple marinades? I marinaded it last time and it was wonderful--especially when I made stock out of the carcass. This time, I want to do something different. Rotisseries is my DH's fave.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I think tomorrow we are going to eat backward.
We are invited to brunch with friends. The husband is Polish/Russian and the wife is Chinese. Her parents live with them and they have 2 adorable kids.
At 11 AM we will be served a full table of Chinese homemade foods, including DS's favorite: dumplings. He is practically drooling already at the thought of it!

So, probably for dinner tomorrow, we'll have breakfast! If they don't want that, there are a few pieces of leftover pizza in the fridge.

I have enough leftover food for 3 parties. I froze most of it: 3 containers with enough meatballs for us all to have sandwiches, 1 container of sauce with meatballs, 1 container of just sauce, 2 smaller containers of stuffing and 5 meals worth of cooked turkey.

When I cut up the vegetables for the platter I took all the odd ends of peppers and celery and chopped them small. I can use them in soup, chili, things like that. Those also will go in the freezer this week. And I have more "sticks" of celery and peppers still to deal with. I can see a stir fry in my future this week! Maybe RobertaD's Cashew Chicken. I also think I will do a big pot of vegetable soup IF I have enough containers left over to freeze it when done.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Catlover on your Chef Guy and your sucessful eye surgery!!!

Barbszy those cakes were WONDERFUL!!!! You did a really awesome job!

Val it's so nice to see you back! I always look foward to seeing what interesting recipes you post!

Dinner last night was bbq ribs, oven fries and coleslaw. Tonight both boys had soccer games so in between them we went to pizza hut with some friends. Really bad idea and won't be making that mistake again. Ds#1 and 3 of the other kids got so sick to there stomaches between eating greasy pizza and running. Poor things were eating tums like they were candy. Thankfully they are all feeling better now.

Not sure what is for dinner tomorrow. Ds has his first meeting for his trip to Australia and we will be gone most of the afternoon. I have some chicken soup left so maybe we'll just have that and some sandwiches.

I hope that everyone that was not feeling well is doing better!!!

Mom to 2 precious soccer bums!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally posted by barbszy
They love it; that's why I do it.
Yesterday when I showed the kids their cakes, my almost-teenage boy gave me a big hug and said, "Mom, that's awesome! Thanks!" I was practically
barbszy......Your Son will remember you baking these cakes forever. My Mom always baked homemade birthday cakes for her four children two. We all inherited her love for cooking & baking.

Thank you for sharing his birthday cake. Will keep it in my file to send to friends for their childrens birthday ideas.
_________
Sueanne

Old 01-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have not been around in a long time.
I finally graduated grad school, got a new job, am currently working part time but will be going full time any week now as soon as the paper work goes through....I am busy enough most days.
I started having my Christmas get togethers on 12-4 and had the last one today...whew, I am done it is over. Over Christmas and new years were quiet, we went to a Japenese restaurant for both. My 23 yo son still lives at home and went with me.

The menu today was just appetizers.
Little smokies wrapped in pieces of crescent rolls with honey mustard for dipping, large shrimp in shells with homemade seafood sauce and my SIL's artichoke dip. I also made a chocolate chip/sour cream pound cake for my brother's BD....we won't say how many...lets say more than half a century.

I got lots of GC's this season so Monday if my asthma is feeling better I am off to try to spend them.
A roadtrip to a neighboring state that charges no sales tax. yeah!
I will meet my GF 1/2 way there and we will have lunch.
Hope you all are doing as well as can be expected and God has Blessed you all.
Ruth
Attached Images

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

catlady101, can you tell me what grad school is like? And, can you tell me what your major is? Feel free to PM me since this is NON food related. I am within a year or a yr and a half of getting into grad school and am scared. I have a lot of teachers who are willling to give me letters of recomemdation and I know that is one of the criteria. I would appreiate your help.

I am still wanting help on marinating that chicken! I am so glad that you finished grad school; an am jealous! ha ha BTW, I am a junior.

Last edited by DeBora4BobbyL; 01-08-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Catlady, it is SO great to see you here!!! Congrats on finishing grad school and all the best with your new job.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 AM
Nine Year Member

marinating chicken

I use Italian salad dressing for chicken. Let it sit awhile in the dressing then cook as normal.

Roberta
Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Whats for dinner-Jan

So do I so guess must be a lot of people out there that do the same thing Roberta.

I had leftover chili and rice last nite the boys had Cheeseburgers. Tonite have no idea yet. Good morning all,
Old 01-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My 21 yo dd said she would make chili for dinner tonight. We have leftover ground beef from last night's taco soup. In fact we have leftover taco soup, so will be taking that to work tomorrow or maybe have it for dinner Monday night. No extra money, so will be eating lots of whatever is in the house this week.

Closed Thread