Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Congrats Cat lover on the chef dude...cool beans! Val soooo glad to see ya! Barbszy the cakes are wonderful.

Every one else have a fine and dandy day!

lov you guys Candy
Old 01-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Head Moderator

Somebody the other day wanted some chicken thigh recipes; I opened my newsletters and this one was sitting there! Thought I'd share it with you.

It is from Chef 2 Chef Recipe Club

Sharon Sanders Gorgonzola Chicken Thighs

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=14134

I haven't made it yet, but defintely going to try it! Hope you enjoy it also!

Old 01-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all, Well it started snowing here again around 10:30am so that kind of messed up all our plans today,so will be home for dinner,I just picked up grinder rolls, smoked turkey,honeyham,genoa salami(for dh) and a few kinds of cheese because I dont feel like cooking and the way the snow is coming down I know we wont be able to go out to eat tonight.
Those cakes are adorable Barbszy, my GD's BD is this month and she wants a Bratz(Sp?) cake. Im not even too sure what they look like so maybe Ill just order one from the bakery,so DD doesnt have to buy it, its gonna cost her enough to have the party they are having it at the rollerskating rink,actually its not too bad of a deal,and each child gets a slice of pizza,hotdog,drink and fries (real healthy I know) and free skating (well free for the guests DD has to pay one price for it all but its less than if they paid separetely.
Donna take care of your back,back pain is no fun believe me I know.Once in awhile mine goes out for no reason and its awful.
Also thanks for the info on how to send a card to John(BarBar's dh)Hope he is doing better.
Have a good wk end all I have to run out for 1 more thing before the roads are too bad.
Hugs Sandie
Old 01-08-2005, 10:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
Great job on the cakes, Evan liked them wanted to know where the other boys cake was! I explained to him that the two older kids have a big birthday together, just like in our house where its dh, mine and Evans all in the same week!

Val,
Welcome back!

We are going out to lunch with mil and sils on mom! Dinner tonight will be catchall from throughout the week.

Catlover,
Congrads on your chef guy! Recipe sounds good!
Leighann
Old 01-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barb, I just love those cakes!! My dd's would both flip for the Sponge Bob cake. ( I actually had a Sponge Bob cake when I turned 45.. but that's a whole 'nother story) lolol

For the Oven Baked Cicken Dip...

I pre-boiled some chicken drumsticks (mostly because I was making some broth anyway) and after about an hour, I removed the drumsticks, and skinned them. I wanted to do something interesting with them, and I did a variation of a mustard bake I used to do with boneless boobs.

I suppose you could use any kind of chicken but my kids like drumsticks because they like to eat the ckicken lcold when left-over... and the drumsticks make a nice carry handle

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and have a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan ready.

I put about 1 C breadcrumbs ( I use 4-C flavored breadcrumbs ) in a zip lock bag for coating @ 8 chicken legs.

Let me say here for people who don't know me very well, that I really don't measure anything when I'm cooking. I'm one of those cooks that do everything by eye in the palm of my hand, or by the straight "pour" method.. so all measurements offered are aproximate.. (but pretty darn close)..

For the dipping mix I used 1 part prepared brown mustard ( Goulden's brand) (I used @1 1/2 tbs)
2 parts Mayonaise ( Helmans' Brand)
I used about 1/4 cup
and granulated garlic powder... NOT garlic salt "to taste".. ( I used about 1 to 1 1/2 Tsp.)
Whisk this together with a fork, and depending on the texture, you might want to add a tsp or two of olive oil to get a texture like cake batter.

Dip/brush chicken pieces with mustard/mayo mixture, and drop into bread crumbs one at a time .. shaking to coat evenly.

Shake off excess bread crumbs, place on cookie sheet and bake in 400 degree oven for about 20-30 mins for par-cooked chicken. Chicken should be lichtly browned and crispy.

If you are using raw bone-in chicken, Please adjust your cooking times accordingly. For raw BSB.. the timing should be just fine.

If anyone does try this, please let me know (honestly) what you think of it.

Dinner tonight was the roast beef, Mashed potatoes ( yes, they got to me) .. Mixed veggies and ice cream for dessert.

We bought a new car today. I'm so excited.. but terrified too. A car payment is not exactly what we need.. I have to get a job now. I had an interview Friday. It went .. well .. sort of.. My life is spinning out of control. But hey. I think I'll have another bowl of ice cream.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all,

Hope everyone has had a good Saturday!!! My hubby and I have been running errands all day today, so we just stopped at Checkers on the way home and got some burgers for dinner.....................

I am sooooooooooooooooo beat.....................gonna veg out on the couch now.

Have a good night!!!

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

DH and I had a really reeeaaally busy week (we own a business), so today was veg around the house day. Dinner was spaghetti with homemade meatballs from the freezer in jarred sauce. For the kids' dessert, I took them to McDonald's and they picked out cookies. Before Christmas, I bought two "Holiday Treat" coupon books from them for $2 each. There are twelve coupons in each book and the kids get to pick from a small drink, small fries, cookies, fried pie, or ice cream cone, and there is no additional purchase required as long as the kids are with you when you use the coupons. Lazy, easy, cheap food day!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I made taco soup tonight. Kinda took someones recipe for taco soup in the slowcooker but cooked the beef, taco seasoning and onion in the fry pan and then added everything else and heated it in the microwave. I thought it was good. I had added a can of corn, that would have not been missed if I would have left it out. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Good to see you back Lifestar.

Congrats on your anniversary and the birthday Barbszy.

We are babysitting dgd and I'm in the process of studying for my last exam on the class I got an extension on, so we just ate leftovers from the fridge from the last couple of days.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Nine Year Member

We had chicken tonight. Frozen chicken breast cooked in my electric skillet with zesty italian dressing. Turned out pretty good and I have some for lunch for 1 or 2 days...yeaaaaahhhh!! along with yellow rice and brussel sprouts-no sprouts left for lunch though.

planning on stewed or roasted chicken tomorrow night.

Closed Thread