Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member

Our 5.81 inches of January rain has switched over to snow flurries!!!!! It is a very cold 33 degrees this afternoon.

Roberta
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

It's cold here today.....but not nearly as cold as it is for some of you........bbrrrrrrr!!!

Tonight, dh has requested one of his faves when it's cold~~so homemade Chicken Noodle Soup it is! I am making it with those yolkless egg noodles. I have the chicken stewing as we "speak". Makes the house smell all yummy!

Well, gotta go cut up the carrots & celery and finish the
Have a good evening, everyone!!!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The cold weather has even snuck down here in Texas. It is 44, and yesterday it was 76. I quess this is why everyone is sick. Stay safe everyone.

For dinner tonight, I also have chicken thighs. I'm going to make some type of tomatoes sauce with spices over egg noodles. I have this meal that I make, there is not really a recipe.

You saute onions, green peppers and garlic with a little oil. When the onions are clear, you add the chicken. Cook the chicken until it is done. Add pepper and salt to taste. I then add a can of diced tomatoes. The can I will use today has Italian spices in it. Dh likes noodles more than he likes rice, so I serve it over noodles.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Melly
Old 01-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

webe, I like to either make chicken and dumplings or a baked chicken when I have whole chickens. The great thing about both those ways are that all your veggies and meat is in one dish or pot!

I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight. I'm working on finishing up a class that I need to take 2 more exams before the 11th, so I haven't thought about dinner yet. Also, to be honest, I need inspiration. So, I'm watching all my food shows and waiting for that to happen. I'll let ya'll know when I know!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Webe, Hi, I realize this is probably a little late, but you could make some chicken to freeze. Then when you want it later, heat it and top with this sauce:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cubed cheese ( I usually use Mexican Velveeta, but whatever you have on hand).
Again, sorry this is late, but it looks like you've got a lot of great ideas!
Take care.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by webe
Sandie... TY TY TY..
Theres one meal
and I have everything on hand! So there is tonights dinner... anyone have one for a freezer meal??? I will have to breakdown and go into the recipe section-LOL (I will be lost there all day)
Don't look out your window Sandie... I am trying not to... they closed school today How could they!! we just got them back there!! Supposedly only going to get worse! Well atleast we won't starve!
Sue~
I am a lurker, but just had to say I am JEALOUS!!! We are from Massachusetts and now live in Washington state. We moved here from Cape Cod, and I must say I sometimes miss the Noreasters very much sometimes! The last one we lived through was the huge one that hit on April Fool's Day!! I like the rain, but there are times when I wish I could look out the window and see the quiet white stuff falling down, and so do my kids!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Laceykat, Ill send you some,LOL!! Its still snowing and hasnt even let up a little yet!I honestly dont think I would like living somewhere where there isnt any snow,you have to admit its so pretty right after a snow storm.What a small world I grew up on Cape Cod too, we lived in Falmouth for about the first 12 years of my life.,of course that was 36 yrs ago, LOL.I love the Cape.
Hugs Sandie
Old 01-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

We owned a condo right across the road from the Melody Tent in Hyannis! I didn't think I could ever miss the snow, especially driving in it, but I sure have been missing it this year. Plus sometimes they would close the base in Falmouth so DH would get the day off too!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We are having the same snowstorm here. At least it is mild and little wind so we got outside to play!!! It seems we just shovel the drive way and it needs it again. At least it is the nice fluffy stuff just not good for driving even though we are used to it here. Hubby actually got to come home early from the base here. Nice so I don't worry about him on the roads.

Dinner changed from spaghetti to homemade mac and cheese.

Stay warm everyone

Hugs
Debbie
Old 01-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Whats for dinner-Jan

Dinner tonite is leftovers as we Gina, the boys and I are going to the funeral home to pay our respects to our friend J D and be with Gloria and the rest of the family. It will be sort of a reunion for us, as no doubt will see some that we have not seen in some years. J D was well loved and respected.
Gina and I will be going to the funeral tomorrow not sure what time dopey here forgot. More later friends

Closed Thread