Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Connie-
79 degrees and you are going to bake a batch of cookies?? Must be a case of heat stroke... turn the ac up higher!! LOL
Tonite is Chowder for the ds, salmon for the SO, chicken nuggets for the baby, and salad for us all...(I am not too hungry today) Then maybe some spinach or gr. beans. No desert here... the SO and ds #1 don't need any... so I will probably sneak some after the baby goes to bed.

Sue~
Old 01-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Found a rib roast in the freezer today so we will be having roast beef, potatoes, cauliflower/brocolli and gravy . Might make some biscuits for the kids. On Wed nights I have 2 10 year old girls that stay till 9:30.

Hope all are having a great day

Hugs
Debbie
Old 01-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Tonight will be lasagna from the leftover sauce and cheese mixture from last night.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tonight is mexican finger food night - taquitos, mini tacos and rolled quesadillas. I made quacamole for dipping that will be served along with salsa, sour cream & finely grated cheddar cheese.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Julie,

Could you share your recipe for guacamole, I have been looking for a good recipe as I love it !!!

Hugs
Debbie
Old 01-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sure Deb - I love it too - love Hass Avocados any way I can get them but mostly straight out of the skin with a little salt and a spoon lol

GO COPS is my receipe lol

Garlic
Onion
Chili's or Chili powder
Oregano
Pepper
Salt

Sometime I mix in salsa too

I never measure anything I put in it so you'll have to come up with the amounts by your taste.

Sometimes I mix it by hand for a chunky mixture or sometime I mix it in my food processor for a creamy one - with taquitos I make it creamy to dip them into it easier.

I hope you like it

Hugs ....
Old 01-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member

Since we got home later tonight than I expected we had a quick dinner of Mac & Cheese. No one was real hungry since we had cake & ice cream at Kids for Christ at church after school.

Roberta
Old 01-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by boggsZ
Cat lover can i have the recipe for your unstuffed pepper soup my dh loves stuffed peppers this will be a nice change
Here is the Unstuffed Pepper Soup recipe

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=14125

Hope you enjoy it as much ae we do!

barbszy, we haven't started building the ark yet although I might soon seriously consider it! I'm just about to go to the state though and ask to be put on the payroll. I'm going down three times a day to unclog the drains on the road, but we have so much water that it goes over the roads anyway. Have had a couple times though that my clearing has helped and when the rain slowed down it actually stopped going over the road. Once when that happened I gathered rocks and filled it in enough the foot deep hole across the outer part of the bridge (the only way out our street; or I wouldn't bother) so that we could SLOWLY go over it and get out without getting stuck. Actaully got out yesterday long enough to go to town and pick up our mail. They won't come back here in the bad weather.

Tomorrow is my scheduled eye surgery so hopefully it will be a go ahead this time. Raining hard though since dark off and on so will just have to wait and see in the morning.

Have a good evening!

Old 01-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Tonight dh made homemade mac and cheese. He didn't really have a recipe for it, and I was trying to help, so I think I added too much flour in the sauce when he had to step out of the kitchen for a second. It was ok, but would have been better if we would have had more cheese.

Hope those that are going through nasty weather are ok. Ours hasn't been too bad, even though we have had winter warnings. The storms just kinda miss our little city. The snow can just keep going up in the mountains as far as I'm concerned and stay off the roads that I use, lol.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Julie Thanks for the guacamole recipe.......souns really easy too ...right up my alley. Can not wait to try it. I'm like you I love avocadoes, eat them right out of the skin, in my salads and just about any other way I can find to eat them.

Thanks again

Hugs
Debbie

Closed Thread