Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What's for Dinner? - December 2004

This is the LAST month for the year 2004 !!

Where did the year go to???

So, what are you serving up for your family's evening meal???

This thread will be open on 11/30.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

YIKES!!!!

I had not realized that it was December already!!!

I have been literally chasing my tail this entire week. Plus having DH off work and constantly at my heels isn't helping either!

For supper tonight we had steak salads with garlic texas toast.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi All,

Just subscribing to the new thread.....................been a long day, and I am off to bed...............

Catch ya tomorrow!!!

-John Wooden

Connie

Old 12-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi all

Well it started snowing last night and did not stop till tonight!! It is very pretty I posted some pics on the scenic thread if anyone is intersted.

Tonight was roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy.

Hugs
Debbie
Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ahhh! good to see you Abear and that everything is ok! *s*

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 12-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member

Beautiful day in Florida today high in the seventies. Made some pollock fillet fish, with coleslaw & shell macaroni with tomato sauce and red beans.

Old 12-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

No snow here, but we did have WIND!!!!!!! They say we may get a little snow tomorrow. My Big Kids heard that on the news and immediately started putting spoons under their pillows (and mine! ) There is some story they heard on the school bus that if you put a spoon under your pillow you will get a snow day. Like it matters....they have no school tomorrow anyway! It's Report Card Conference Day.

I'll spend a good chunk of the day in the dentist's chair getting a root canal on the tooth I broke Saturday while eating an egg roll. Let me tell you, the egg roll was not THAT good to make up for the trouble it has caused me! I'm thankful that my FIL sent us home with a lasagna last Friday, because we're having it tonight for dinner. At least I won't have to worry about cooking.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Good Morning.....

Dinner tonight is going to be homemade cheeseburger pizza and salad. Last night we had spaghetti, I'm down to 1 bag of sauce in the freezer so i'll be trying out Jeannies recipe pretty soon!

It's freezing here so I may also throw on a pot of chili for tomorrow since i'll be browning ground meat anyway.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Mom to 2 precious soccer bums!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Head Moderator

Wow! Haven't been on for a couple of days and missed several pages and now here is the December thread. Just trying to get it all together, making candy, putting up some decorations and keep the regular daily stuff going! Keeping hubby busy lately with some "building" projects, but I have to go join him a lot. He seems to be enjoying it all though

I've started big time on next year's crafty Christmas projects. I'm trying to get one piece done each day which is taking up a lot of my day. Eyes are having a rough time with it, but we both have eye doctor appointments this friday. Not a pleasant thought of us both needing new glasses at one time, but .... maybe it will help with those "little" projects that are straining my eyes to see! LOL

Lastr night we had chicken breast in onion mushroom gravy, baked potatoes, and mixed veggies. I don't know for sure,but am thinking about a pot of soup for supper tonight. I'll have to see what I can throw together quick and let simmer the rest of the day.

I have another window to go down and put a crackle finish on today. One of hubby's projects "we" have been working on has been a hanging hutch over my buffet for a dinnerware setting that belonged to my great aunt. We made it out of pine, but have covered it in barn wood so it looks old and I'm using another old window from our other house as the "glass door". I have to get some old looking hinges Friday for it. I just love making "new" things that look old and out of things that most people throw away! Have to go get busy; have a good day!

Last edited by cat lover; 12-02-2004 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Spent yesterday baking cookies today I will do breads. I want to make cresent rolls today and a few loaves of bread. Dinner will be soup I think and the cresent rolls.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Closed Thread