What's for Dinner - August - Page 66 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

With two children at home and addicted to this website, I do not have time to clean.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Nine Year Member

I really need the dinner fairy! Who has her today? Her and the energizer bunny.

Dinner tonight is still undecided. I'm thinking some sort of B/S boobs. Which recipe I'll use I don't know.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We are back from vacation! It was a nice week but I am glad to be home, and I think everyone else is too (maybe not DH, who is now busy balancing the checkbook )

Tonight DH and I have tickets to a "beef & beer" fundraiser dinner. We don't drink ber but we eat beef, so that's good enough for us I will feed the kids something easy and fast. Maybe soup and sandwich, maybe pancakes or French toast.

DH, older DS and FIL went deep-sea fishing this week and came back with a few flounder filets and a few black bass filets so I'll be looking for recipes to make those.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome back Barbszy. Glad you had a nice time on vacation.

Dinner tonight I guess just pizza. I went to pick my Dad up at the hospital and took almost 2 hours for the nurses to come in for Dad to sign the release papers. Than I had to take him home and make sure Mom was going to run for his prescriptions. So I never got grocery shopping done again today.

I need that dinner fairy to come to my house too, she needs to give me a kick in the butt.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I love salmon but 30 lbs at a time is a bit much for us...
Didn't you fillet it and pack it separately? *s*

Here's the recipe if you care to try it:

For each pound piece of Salmon ( I prefer the tail )

2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
Juice of one small lemon
freshly ground pepper
salt
1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, preferable.. dried is ok...
paprika to sprinkle
1 tablespoon very cold butter, minced
2 Tablespoons Italian bread crumbs

..more olive oil to brush in pan

Brush olive oil on a foil lined pan.
Place salmon on top
Brush the salmon with Olive oil

Combine the the first seven ingredients in a bowl, and distribute evenly over fish.

Sprinkle the crumbs over the fish, then dot with butter.
Sprinkle with a little paprika

Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25-35 minutes until fish is flaky.....Let rest 3 minutes before serving.

Serve with rice pilaf....
stringbeans

This heats very well so if you make extra, it's ok, just heat each portion 1 minute in the microwave.. You'll never know it was reheated.... -s-

Tonight we had roasted pork tenderloin
Rice pilaf
Sauteed spinach
Home made applesauce

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 08-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
I love salmon but 30 lbs at a time is a bit much for us...
It was a gift and the gentleman had flash frozen it so i was not going to complain. I was just happy to be given it!!! I can cut it into steaks while frozen at a friends butcher shop.

That recipe sounds great thanks for sharing....I have printed it out and will be trying it out. I like baked salmon with a lemon rice stuffing too!!

Tonight was our karate picnic so we had a pot luck supper at the beach. So supper was easy !!! Tomorrow hubby returns home so meals will have to be more thoughtful.

Take care everyone
Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Nine Year Member

debknechtel....Farm raised salmon is not like fish from the ocean. Read now where they add coloring to give it that red color.

I like to cut my salmon in half when i buy it. Like it thin with italian bread crumbs on both sides. Cook it in my turbo cooker for a few minutes on both sides with a drop of oil. It puffs up when cooked with a cover. Love it the next day cut up cold in a salad.
________
Sueanne

Old 08-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
debknechtel....Farm raised salmon is not like fish from the ocean. Read now where they add coloring to give it that red color.
This salmon was fresh from the pacific ocean caught and frozen all on the same day!!!! Thats why I jumped at the chance to bring it home with me. We can not buy Fresh fish here!!!!

I have never heard of a turbo cooker here in Canada?!? Could you let me know what it is ....I know you use it alot from your postings?? Thanks

Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Supper tonite was takeout A couple of times a month makes it something to really look forward to...chili burgers/hotdogs/fries *drool*...& NO washing up, the best part!

Tomorrow hubby & son will be having pizza with dad who is here for supper most nites, while I...hehehe...shall be a friend's for a bbq!! Hhhmmm, wonder who has the better deal? lol..guess we all win!

Taking a Millionaire's Salad for dessert..think that's what it's called, with Cool Whip, sour cream, various canned fruit & marshmallows..fast, easy & yummy!!

Hugs, Jacquie
Old 08-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Nine Year Member

deb---I just love salmon. My favorite is salmon in dill sauce. I have had it at work several times. I'm sure you can make it!

The dinner fairy didn't vist me! She wasn't released! Who has her??? We had homemade piza with homemade sauce that was in the freezer!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread