Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

What's For Dinner A thread that became so big it needed its own forum! ;)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Sandra

I took some gravol(for nausea) and some codine...hopefull they just knock me out!! This is a bad weekend to with our local fair going on..and I chair the junior craft fair!!! Thank goodness the judging was this morning.....took us 5 hours to judge all the kids craft entries. Glad for the good turnout but a lot of work. Tomorrow is a day to enjoy the fair before take down on sunday!

Since i won't be on tomorrow dinner is whatever anyone wants from the fair!!! Can not get easier than that.

Take care everyone
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome to Family Corner (and What's For Dinner), PatsAZ and Diane4!
Hope you enjoy the place as much as the rest of us do

Tomorrow, Mommy (that's me) is getting a "day off." Yes, that's right, a day off. Well, 8 hours off, anyway--and I'll take it I will be attending a little retreat sponsored by a church group I belong to.

Tentative dinner plans for tomorrow is spaghetti & meatballs.

After that I will be off to my parents' house to stay for 2 days with my 2 younger kids, as DH and big DS are off to Boy Scout Camp on Sunday. So.....I'll see you all Wednesday, I think!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Nine Year Member

As I posted before, tonights dinner was out with the girls. We went to Perkins. I had a very yummy sandwich. It was grilled chicken, with a marinated portabella mushroom, and swiss cheese. MMMMMMM It was so good. The mushroom was awesome. I love mushrooms, and the rest of the family shies away from them.

Dinner tomorrow is marinated flank steak, corn on the cob, and whatever else I decide to concoct.

More rain is on the way. YUKKKKKK!!!!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome, Ladies. Let's see dinner tonight will be chicken and swiss chard from the garden with onions.
Diane
Old 07-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Head Moderator

We have really cool weather today; not going above 80 degrees and right now it is only 65 degrees; so sounds like vegan bean soup day! It is on the stove cooking now, will fix some coleslaw and cornbread with it and of course sliced tomatoes from the garden!

Old 07-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning one and all, have absolutely NO idea what dinner/supper will be tonite. It is getting to the end of the month and the larder is getting "lean" . But have no fear we will eat something. But will not be cooking out tho'. Maybe French Toast or Pancakes if I feel like standing there doing it.

Who knows time will tell, God bless all
Old 07-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Oooh I just love cornbread. Maybe I will add that to the menu this evening, although I'm trying to stay low carb!! I got a cast-iron skillet through QVC about a month ago and it had a recipe booklet with it with all these award winning cornbread recipes.
Diane
Old 07-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Dinners the past week around here have been really uninspired and mostly on the run due to both my ds's having soccer camps to go to so tonight I want to make a nice healthy dinner.

I have some chicken breasts marinating so I think I will throw them on the grill and serve them with baked sweet potato's and a salad.

It's gotten cooler here so I want to get some banana bread baked and my house cleaned today! Has anyone started school shopping yet? If I get enough done around here today I'd like to get a start on that too! Maybe this evening after dinner.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Mom to 2 precious soccer bums!
Old 07-24-2004, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Still not sure about what to have for supper yet. Yes we have everything Steven needs for first grade and part of Adam's for 10th. Sure costs a lot these days. Much diff than when mine were in school. God bless
Old 07-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What's for Dinner

Welcome fellow newbie Diane4. I am sure enjoying this web site at familycorner. So many ideas, if I could only Remember them all.

Hi and Thanks to all who sent welcome messages. It makes me feel "wanted"

Tonight DH will have marinated chicken in rasberry vinegarette (sp) baked potato, vegies with margarine and of course salad and fresh fruit. His diet is very specific so I try to keep it interesting.

DH just phoned from work and reminded me he was going to DF house for cookout and ride around the desert. So cancel this dinner and transfer it to tomorrow.

At least the temp isn't so bad today. It's been running around 110 and that is not fun.

Closed Thread