Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just got back from the Mother of all Yard Sales

The Tree streets yard sales which is about 10 blocks of yard sales and I did very well. I got several things, a book shelf/stand for dd's room for $3, a stadium chair for dd for $1, dd got a barbie for free, we got a pair of dress shoes for dd for .25 cents and several shirts from .25 to $1, and then a rain jacket and winter jacket for her for $1 each. Also a few books for dd for .25 and a vegetable rack for me for $1. It was very tiring walking and the heat was draining but I was glad to be there.

Well, my plans for dd's birthday have changed again. I think everyone remembers I was trying to get my nieces and I told their mom I was coming to get them. Well apparently she told her family I was trying to take them- I asked their aunt with whom they live with if they could come stay with us this upcoming weekend to celebrate dd's birthday. At first she said yes and then she said that I could come there but not bring them here. I asked her why and that's when I found out I was being accused of trying to take the girls. It was a mess! I just had to talk to their mom this morning and their aunt last night to straighten this all out. Their letting them come to spend the night, not this weekend coming though, but after that. So, dd and I will have to drive to North Carolina and spend the day celebrating dd's birthday there. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do there. I can't hardly find any info on the net about it. I did live there briefly for 2 months and I don't remember seeing anything interesting. So, I have to cancel dd's birthday cake I had ordered here and order one in North Carolina, without seeing it!

I already have to bring my nieces their school supplies I had laid away for them, but this is just ridiculous to me that my sil would accuse me of trying to steal her children away when she was the one contacting my sister and me saying she wanted us to keep them.

Well...the good news is that we saw the car we are going to buy, it looks car lot new. It's beautiful and well kept. It was from an older woman and so it's perfect. I am going to drive it on Monday and buy it right then if it's a good car and I do believe it is, I bought my van from them and it was a good car. So, can't wait until Monday.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good job at the yard sales Leasmom!

And sorry to hear that your DD's birthday plans are ruined!

The only thing frugal for me is returning a pair of sneakers that we bought for DS, that he didn't like. I bought him a pair for $20 more that he liked more.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 08-28-2004, 10:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Today was not too frugal. Had to go to Walmart and get groceries and stuff for the rabbit. The rabbit stuff (big huge bag of cedar shavings, water bottle, and big bag of food) came to $13.24. The groceries came to $31.00 and change. I also had to buy a birthday gift for a little friend's birthday party at the end of the week and that was $4.88. Had to gas up the car and that was $24.00. UGH! So, that was about $73.00 total today. Guess it could have been alot worse and it was stuff I had to get.
This afternoon I am cleaning house and catching up on laundry. Going to go to my classroom and set up the rabbit cage.
This evening I am making ravoli with sauce. It was only a $1.97 for a bag that will feed our little family of four, plus I will have some for leftover lunch next week. Sauce was .86 cents so for under three dollars we will have supper. I am also going to steam green beans from our veggie patch.
I had a nice surprise in the mail today...a $30.00 rebate check! Yeah!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just staying current...nothing to talk about frugal...jsut not spending any money. Hope y'all are having a great week-end.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 08-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

It's another cool day here. DH is off at a tractor show, DS is still napping, and the house is relatively clean, so I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and enjoying the peace.

My frugal thing for today was making homemade playdough with Ethan. We had a lot of fun with it
Old 08-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

new subscriber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

great sale on paint!

I got a Great Price on paint at SEARS. My mom bought me a gift card last year for the jeans that I like, well you can't buy them in the store and I am not going to use my gift money to pay shipping so I decided to go and look for a 2-5 gallon bucket of plain white paint.

I found their Easy Living paint for $9.99 a gallon...but... for each gallon, there is a $4 rebate! so I spent $31.77 for 3 gallons and will get $12 back!

That is enough to paint dd's bedroom, the hallway and the whole bathroom! I am excited.

Remember:
Wherever you go, there you are!
Old 08-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi emma1 and danyel welcome to the frugal thread
danyel great deal on the paint

Old 08-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

blushing Boggz...

I am actually not new...been around for 2+ yrs, but just don't post much.

My puter is really slow so I get too impatient with it.

I try to check in every day or every other just to see what this thread is up to. I am very inspired by all of you.

When I run into a great deal I try to post it. (just doesn't happen too often

good night....

Remember:
Wherever you go, there you are!
Old 08-28-2004, 06:00 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I thought I have seen you posting here before danyel

emma1, welcome to the Frugal thread. Share you frugal tips with us!!

Just have to tell about my afternoon shopping trip. Our local Weis markets had a sale on certain items 10 for $10. This is one of those stores where you have to have their club card to shop there. Well, I had a coupon for everything I bouth except for a carton of carpet fresh, and the bag of candy I picked up right before the check out.

My total would have been 39.14, but I had to pay $18.30, I saved $10 with coupons, and 10.84 with the club card! total savings, $20.84!!!

I got
1 carton of carpet fresh
1 can of Oust air freshener
4 bags of Rhodes (frozen) rolls
1 box of pizza rolls
5 bottles of Dawn dish detergent
3 boxes of puffs tissues
4 boxes of tuna helper
2 boxes of hamburger helper
1 bag of candy

all for $18.30 I was very happy!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!

Closed Thread