Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:05 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hope all those in path of Isabel are doing okay this morning, watching the news from NC looks pretty windy!
The rain in Cleveland is supposed to start this afternoon, the way they are talking will last through Saturday for us.

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and a bit of a stuffy nose. Ds has a runny nose as do 2 of the other day care kids....Lucky me. The girls are leaving earlier than usual today so thats a plus. Maybe I can get everyone down for nap early as I think we all will be needing it. We have library tonight if ds is feeling better that is. Thats my frugal thing for today.

Anna,
Good luck on the necklaces, let us know what kind of profit he makes, should be a pretty good one, even if they only sell a few start up costs I am sure were low. Thats cool you dont need a permit to sell.

Again hope all do okay during Isabel.
Leighann
Old 09-18-2003, 07:26 AM

Leighann-

Actually come to find out we do need a Vendors license, will be picking that up soon. We don't need the Peddlers license though since the items are homemade and we don't have a cart. The guy did tell me where we were allowed to "sell" and not "sell" on and around the campus. It was all very easy, they sent me an Adobe file to download the application and everything.

Anna
Old 09-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My frugalness for today is getting some more recipes from the "Not Just Beans" book I got on an inter-library loan.

By the way. The meds. made me very sleepy (like I wasn't already tired) and I did go to sleep a lot faster than usual. BUT......I still woke up 3 times between midnight and 6:30. I do feel much more rested though.

V.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, frugal today is sitting at home and doing nothing

I do still have to iron...man have I put this off an entire week or what! I did iron some of the clothes, so I'm not THAT lazy!

I have to go get some gas later, get dd and take her to the dollar store so she can spend half of her allowance. She is getting $6-and spending $3 and saving $3.

I called today to get my heat turned on, since I hadn't gotten it turned on since we moved in June. They seemed surprised that I hadn't had it turned on immediately, but in Tennessee people don't have it turned on until November through about April, and then they have it turned off. But, it has been cold a few times...it was 44 degrees this morning and 36 where my sister lives in C. Springs. It's suppose to get to 66 today. I'll believe it when I see it!

So, nothing actually frugal today.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hurricane bearing down or not if there's a good deal to be had I'm going shopping! I forgot cold foods in case power goes out and can't cook so went to Food Lion this morning. :p They have their 8 oz blocks of cheese (Food Lion Brand) on sale for .77/each! This is normally at least $1.99 each. I bought 8 packs and going back for more tomorrow once the curfew is lifted. (It runs from noon today through noon tomorrow. ) If you have a Food Lion run to the store quick!

Jayne where the winds be a blowing scary hard and Isabel hasn't even come aground yet.

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 09-18-2003, 08:21 AM

Jayne-

Hang in there and hope it just blows through without destroying anything. You are in my thoughts all day today as well as our prayers.

Anna
Old 09-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

RANT, out of state companies!

My gas was just turned on but there is no gas coming out. I called the company and they said they don't actually go and do repairs that I have to call a separate company, a private company and pay out of pocket for them to do it.

HUH! I've got to make a call to my landlord I see... to me, that's ridicolous...why do they have services offered but no maintainance?
Old 09-18-2003, 08:41 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leasmom,
I am sure thats true, because at least 3x a year we get a notice with our gas bill trying to sell "insurance" as if a gas line breaks in or on your property it is out of pocket for the consumer. If you buy their plan for $$$ so much a month you will be covered! I would think though that your landlord would be responsible for any maintance, one of the pluses of renting.
Leighann
Old 09-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had my son pick everything out of the garden yesterday, because it was suppost to freeze last night. There wasn't much there, but I'm making taco soup for dinner, so I'm adding some of the green peppers and chiles to it. I also put in tvp instead of hamburger, and I can't tell the difference! I'm freezing the tomatoes whole, they're great to just pop into soups.

Carol

Old 09-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What's funny is that

there is about 6 to 7 garbage companies here and only one gas company without maintenance services. In tennessee, we had a few out-of-state companies but they also had local maintenance buildings where they did repair services, only. UGH, this is frustrating, esp. since I would have to go buy a $5 card just to call my landlord. I only have basic phone service, for a very good reason-my bill is low and I want to keep it that way. He lives in the next city to us and it's considered long-distance. I can either buy the card or wait until Monday when my sister is out of school for her to be able to call 3-way for me. We'll have to see. Until then, the oven is on-LOL!

Closed Thread