Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for yesterday was shopping at Meijers 1/2 price and other super special for Fri/Sat. The granola bars, fruit chews the kids love were all half price. Also got fish for .99. This tastes great with olive oil and garlic! Cereal was also 1/2. Bill was 99.09 (but had not major shopped in over 3 weeks. Total ad savings were 75.06. Saved even more as some things needed were clearance and those are not reflected in the ad savings!

The only negative was they had picture developing for 2.99 a roll for double prints. I took in our vacation pictures and others had about 12 rolls. However the clerk said it did not apply to Advantix film. Dh had bought me a new camera for our anniversary. It was a surprise, and it is small so I could just tuck it into my purse or a pocket but it uses the avantix film which you can use as regular or panaramic. So therefore it costs around $9.00 to get it developed for single. The clerk also said they seldom ran specials on this. Needless to say I won't be using this camera that often. I did have 6 regular rolls so left them and 2 of the other. Will have to take the others in a few at a time.

Will be heading down to the lake shortly for the last long weekend so see all Monday night or Tuesday. Have a good one!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-30-2003, 12:45 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
joe allowed me to buy a palm m130 that id been wanting...

i go to the dr on the 3rd for second opion..ill let everyone knwo how it goes.
Ericka,
I'm sure you will find the palm m130 very useful. Dh has a basic m115 he uses for work. The secretary enters his and his partner's appointments on the office computer as they occur, then she regularly downloads the info into their palm pilots so they know where they need to be for that day or that week. Pretty cool. I would buy one for myself, but have not had the time to research them. I am hoping when the time comes that I will find one where I can load Excel 97 spreadsheets and Word 97 documents into it. I think I remember hearing there IS one that can do this. Would be great to use it at the grocery store for my Price List and Shopping List! How frugal that would be...

I pray for you that getting a second opinion will reveal you do not need surgery after all.
~*~
Frugal things for today were:

* Cooked 2lbs bacon in the microwave and crumbled to freeze for recipes

* Updated freezer and pantry inventories
Old 08-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by redcardinalbird
However the clerk said it did not apply to Advantix film.
Try looking on-line at Clark and York Photo (mail in developing). We have used them over the years with wonderful and quick results. We now have a digital camera so haven't bought film in a couple of years but they were always a bargain place to get film developed.

Jayne

http://www.clarkcolor.com/welcome/t_=0

http://www.yorkphoto.com/welcome/t_=0

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 08-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ericka - what a good idea HappyPuppy had to put a price book on the palm pilot! I might drop hints for one to dh! Did you say you bought yours on the internet? Was it from ebay?

I'm making some croutons for salad with some bread that was drying out. I also need to make a batch of bread, but I may save that for tomorrow.

My dh bought one van for the van thing him and ds are making. Here's a picture of the van, and now it's all cut up. He bought a second van today, and they're out taking it apart now. He bought the first one for $35, and the one today was $200, but it has a fairly good motor and good wheels.

Carol

Last edited by Songberries; 08-30-2003 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here's the van pictures, I don't know why they didn't post before.

Carol

Attached Images

Old 08-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here's what's left of the van.

Carol

Attached Images

Old 08-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tired today!

I'm still reeling from yesterday, but I had to get up at 6:30 this morning too just like when dd is in school.

I took dd to her hair appt. after bathing and washing her hair for her pictures. Rushed to Walmart, got the pics of the kids-dd and her cousins-I am so excited about them can't wait for them to come back. Then shopped at Walmart and got some ranch dressing...the cheapest for $1.24, a strange tasting pop for .58 cents, some salsa for $1. 19 and got two pair of tights for dd at $2.99 and a disposable camera for $3.78-(the cheapest I've seen it)-and it was poloraid for dd's birthday Monday.

Then my sister and I and the kids went to Burger King. I got a double cheeseburger meal-(breaking my diet)-for $2.79. Got dd a hamburger for .59 cents and complimentary water and split the fries with her. My sister did the same only with two kids.

My sister then got her son a new pair of shoes at Payless for $2. They were buy one get half off and the shoes were already marked down to be $4. So, she got what she needed for less.

Came home and neighbor was trying to get rid of 4 kittens that were almost feral, born in her garage. She isn't able to keep them because she already has 3 cats when her landlord told her she could have only two. I already have 3 kittens but I agreed to take them until they are completely weaned and old enough to go to the shelter or a new home. The shelter here won't take them right now. So, my cat is still nursing, so it shouldn't be a problem once she gets used to them. My sister will soon be taking one of my kittens anyway and I am keeping one so that I have a total of 2 cats. I will find the other one a home. They are able to eat food. So, I went to the dollar store and got flea shampoo, flea medicine, another litter pan which I already needed, 2 bags of litter, another bag of food, and some baking soda for $15. We washed them down and applied the flea medicine.

I can hear my nieghbor right now so happy to have gotten rid of them...I guess to her I'm a fool. But, I would rather have taken them than for them to die. I will feed and take care of them and when they're old enough, find them a good home or take them to the Animal Shelter, which is a no-kill shelter...thankfully.

Well...that's all...

If I get some strength I'll make some Quick Bread, but I doubt it. I think I'll have to save that for tomorrow along with making homemade Vanilla Pudding...I'm just too zonked!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Leasmom - It sounds like you've had another busy day! I didn't know they had disposable polaroid cameras, that's a good thing to know! I hope you share the pictures with us!

Carol

Old 08-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I sure will...

It's polariod brand. It's a regular disposible camera. But, it isn't one of those off brands for $3. So, happy about that.

Yes, I am very tired. I could fall asleep right now, but I now I have to fix dinner. I hope to rest up today cause tomorrow is the only day I don't have nothing to do until next Saturday, even next Sunday I'm busy...

I want to make the quick bread and try out the Vanilla pudding to go with dd's lunches next week. My brain wants too but my body is fighting me!!!

Last edited by leasmom; 08-30-2003 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

blushing Nothing!

That is what I did frugal since Thursday. Nothing!

I did: Drive 3 hours to where my MIL lives (oh joy), checked into the hotel (she is not a "clean" person, so if we visit we don't stay at her place), walk across the parking lot (hey! that is frugal!! ) to eat at Applebee's, crash, get up and have the free continental breakfast, drive 30 min to my MIL house, drive her and us to the county fair (she paid for the fair tickets), walk around and see the "aminals", eat lunch (she paid), get armbands for the kids to ride the rides (she paid - $3/kid for all day rides), ride and ride and ride - until it rained and rained and rained, drove back to my MIL's house, ate supper at her place, drove the 30 min back to the hotel, crashed, ate the free breakfast again, went to Penney's to get my #1 ds some church pants (he's 13 - when will he ever stop growing???), started on the 3 hour trip home, stopped about 1/2 way at Cracker Barrel for lunch, drove the rest of the way home, had to go to the store for some Benedril (dd #2 got "skeeder" bites and swelled up like a balloon - some were by her eye and now she looks like we've been beating the "you know what" out of her, went back home, unpacked, got supper for the kids (I am tooooooo tired to eat), will get them baths a.s.a.p., then TO BED WITH ALL OF US!!!! Waa-Hoo! I can't wait for my head to hit the pillow. Too much stress and running around for one week!

V.

Closed Thread