Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:13 AM
Nine Year Member

Print those candy coupons and take advantage of the Valentine's Day sales that will start on the 15th!

I've been getting some great deals at CVS matching sales, manu coupons, store coupons with cash back offers saving 90%.

Roberta
Old 02-19-2019, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member

Stocked up on some canned goods with the sale Kroger was running plus coupons I saved 50% yesterday. I checked the dates and was able to get all the canned goods with 2021 dates and most everything else had 2020 dates.

Bought a new refrigerator over the weekend that will be delivered on Thursday so need to get things moved to make an easy path to get the old one out and the new one in. The refrigerator was on sale and we used Bruce's military ID for an extra 10% off.

Roberta
Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 PM

Hi Everyone

Ellen I am glad to see you found us on FB.

Lauri.. hope you will be able to join in too.

I miss Sueanne.

Well we have not gotten good news with Davids cancer. His PSA numbers are climbing back up instead of going down. His Urologist office is closing down the end of the month and his doctor still doesn't know if he will be working in Columbus or going back to his old job in Marietta, Ohio. He wants David to try some new things. A DNA genetic test ( our insurance doesn't pay for it $200). It will come to the house, David will spit in a container and mail it back. It will look for genetics to see if he actually will respond to certain treatments, very new thing. He will also be setting up a appointment with another Urologist and talking about a procedure where they will take his blood out, add some kind of antibiotics and inject his blood back in to him. https://www.cancerresearch.org/immun...rostate-cancer

His body will work on attacking the cancer.

I pray something works, I can't imagine my life without him. It has been very stressful and loosing this doctor he trust makes it even worse. This guy is very up on all the latest treatment plans.. we may end up driving to Marietta each month to see him. The place he's interviewing for here in Columbus does not use the Fermigon he is taking now they use Lupron which causes memory loss or can, one of the side effects.

So all prayers are very much welcome.

Anna
Old 02-21-2019, 02:51 AM
Nine Year Member

I have been working on my stockpile. Since I have such a small kitchen and house (it suits me fine) I am clearing out places that I can use for storage.
Anna I am keeping David in my prayers.
What is the FB name of the group. There are a few of them.

I am hoping the weather improves. This snow and ice are so depressing.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 02-21-2019, 05:52 AM

1. Stocking Our Shelves.

2. The Women of Proverbs31 ( this is a new one, the lady I followed on Pantry Ladies Roseanne) she and some ladies from other FB groups combined this in to one.

3. Pantry Ladies.. this is one I am still on but don't follow as much since Roseanne left its not as good.

LaurieS is on The Women of Proverbs31 and Pantry Ladies. Cheryl (pootersmommy) is on Pantry Ladies and the Women of Proverbs31. Roberta I think is on all three.

Ellen joined I believe Pantry Ladies.

Stocking Our Shelves has 75,000 members.

Thanks for the prayers there are times when I am very overwhelmed by all this just not sure what to do it impacts me in so many ways. The love of my life, my best friend I can't imagine my life without him in it we've grown together from a young couple to now middle age. And then there are the finances to consider he has always been our breadwinner, I've had jobs here and there along the way but none paid what he makes or anywhere close, our insurance has always been on his and now no one wants to give you insurance limits your hours so you can not receive it. I am not old enough to retire yet and while we have 401k, life insurance, profit sharing etc I am not sure how that will all work out trying to cash any of it in to pay off debt so I don't loose our home. I pray it doesn't come to that but it is a concern.

Anna
Old 02-21-2019, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Anna it would be smart to talk things over with your financial adviser so you and David and put things in motion so you are both on the right path and have a game plan in place if needed.

Pantry Ladies is pretty quite most days I've found.

I've been off line for 3 days as dd2 needed a new ethernet cable so I just pulled mine for her to do her school work instead of running right out and buying a new one. Gave me time to locate the extra cable that I knew we had.

Our new refrigerator was delivered today, I put pee pads down on every shelf before filling it. Seems to be so much bigger inside than the old one and I can feel the cold air when opening the door. No more early expiring of food due to lack of cold.

Roberta
Old 02-22-2019, 10:02 PM
Nine Year Member

Have not been on for awhile but still check in to see everyone! The weather here has been warm hitting the eighties each day. Still doing a lot of my own trimming bushes since they charge so much each time extra to do it. I do pay pay them to mow the lawn & edging. Saving money shopping at Publix with their b1g1 deals & checking sales on meat & poultry since I have another refrigerator with a freezer in the garage. I get credits on my card to use at Loews to buy what I need each month. Most of the time I buy fertilizer and fruit trees that I like.This week I was able to get new clippers, hoe with a point, and a Calamondin fruit tree that is suppose to be very healthy. Can grow indoors or outdoors. Today we are living in my house icial n Florida for 30 years. Was the best move we made upon my Dh retiring. He is getting older now slowing down needs more attention. Thankfully his mind is okay. Lots of homes are being sold since they are going into nursing homes. The houses sell in 30 days and younger people retiring move in. Make sure you all have wills made up & Power of Attorney setup for Health & Financial matters. So far I am feeling alright & still can work a computer mentally! Still cannot put photos on here. I am on FB if you want to contact Me to be a friend.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:24 AM
Nine Year Member

I've been reading a lot lately on keeping the mind busy with word searches, reading, etc help to postpone dementia and alzheimer. But if they already have it crossword puzzles aren't good because it stresses them out when they can't come up with the word or correct spelling. The lady I care for has dementia along with lung issues and I see this with her.

Roberta
Old 02-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member

I was able to get 14 lbs of meat for $17.99 today with sale & store coupons. 6 lbs of hamburger and 8.3 lbs of pork shoulder will cook for the freezer to take less space.

Roberta
Old 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Nine Year Member

See FC is still up and running I've gone ahead and opened a 2019 thread.

https://www.familycorner.com/forums/...ml#post1229567

Roberta

Closed Thread