Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 12-31-2018, 11:31 AM

Happy New Years Everyone
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member

I will really miss all of you, even though I don't post often. I am not on Facebook, so I guess this is goodbye. Godspeed to all of you.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:53 AM

Laura

Hope you will reconsider Facebook I've had it for several years now, much safer than it used to be.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Nine Year Member

Hmmmm. It would be awfully nice to be in touch. I have read so much negative about it, and heard so much on the news, I'm just not sure about it.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Laura

It truly is not bad there is so much information out there on different groups join where your friends are. I love Stocking Your Shelves and Pantry Ladies. Membership is free, it's very much moderated for protection no nasties allowed, no political rants, etc. no links allowed but I learn a huge amount about canning, preserving, gardening, nice groups of ladies. You can also private message people on your FB contact list so if you have a problem we can tell you what to do usually. No one can join your page unless you invite them or they ask to join and you accept them. Very protected just as it is here. You will want to put your status as Friends Only so that only people on your approved friendship list see what you are posting. It's a lot to learn but there are alot of us on there that you can ask how to's.

One thing I like is instead of typing out that you like someones idea or comment, you can just hit the "Like" button and go on to the next post in your newsfeed. I spend a lot of time on FB because there is just so much interesting stuff on there to learn about.

Anna Gartin

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 01-05-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Nine Year Member

I bought cookie mixes (gingerbread (exp 12-19), sugar cookie, etc with icing and decorations/cookie cutters today at 90% off, white glitter sugar jars, red & gold wrapping paper, Coffee "cup" gift card holders 90% off... and more today.

Roberta
Old 01-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Nine Year Member

Thursday morning gas jumped up $.40 to $2.09. I was glad we had filled up on the 30th. Hopefully it will come down before we need to fill up again.

Friday I picked up 10) 25.6 oz tubs of Maxwell House coffee lite for $3.99 ea normally $6.99. Bought 5 on my account and 5 on my daughters account. We will be set for 6 months at least.

Roberta
Old 01-06-2019, 05:38 PM

I found a Free Food Pop Up Tent they come weekly to my neighborhood, no questions ask take what you need. It's a produce and bread tent. Got 12 lbs. of carrots, 6 lbs. of cranberries, grapefruit, 2 boxes of blueberry muffins, potatoes, sweet potatoes, 2 loafs of Brownberry whole grain bread, 2 pkgs. of Pepperidge farm sandwich buns all free. I processed the carrots today.. gave 1 pack to Brandy along with all the potatoes, the muffins. Brandy couldn't go, her son has outgrown his car seat, they have one that I guess is really hard to take in and out of the car that they leave in Dylans car for trips to the doctor, etc. so till she gets another car seat I will have to get what I can for her at the pantries or have Dylan watch the baby.. he works night shift so it's hard to make those arrangements. They still had so much left over they put out the word tonight they still have 40 loafs of bread that they need to get rid of it's close to exp. date bread. They are a small grass roots organization non profit very nice people and it surely helps us with our budget and eating healthy foods. The cranberries I will be canning in to a low sugar cranberry relish to put on meats. I haven't decided whether to can them in to the relish or do some in to jelly the jelly is more labor intensive.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Well so far we are still LIVE on here haven't heard anything more about a shut down date. I did can the cranberries in to a cranberry sauce, I had 4 bags besides what I was given made 20 pints of cranberry sauce most in jelly jars but the total was 20 pints.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of vegetable soup and found these plastic trays with lids at Aldi's they are square oblong shaped 15 in a pack for $4.99. Besides what we ate yesterday and again today I packed up 12 trays labeled and put in the deep freezer, wish we were able to post photos here but visual will have to do.

I miss you all already and hope that you are faring well in this first big round of snow.. we got 4 to 5 inches here yesterday and overnight.

Take care

Anna
Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member

I love the idea of a pop up food give away. I did wonder if they would be able to donate to a soup kitchen when they had leftovers.

I've recouped the lost wages from Christmas when I took 3 days off. So the checkbook is happy.

Instead of paying $1.50+ for one serving of "worms in dirt" that dd2 wanted at the store. I picked up a box of organic "oreos" for free, bag of organic worms $1.25, clearanced tube of peppermint icing $1.

I'm still rolling cigs for DH at $10 a carton vs $50, shopping sales using coupons and rebate apps/cash back drug store deals.

I took 4 bags of clothing to the local Joint Vocational school for their clothing bank ranging from casual to dressy & formal clothes. I told the lady anything the kids didn't use to feel free to donate.

Roberta