Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member

Redeemed 3 $10 off coupons at Rite Aid today as we were within 2 miles of a store leaving Children's Hospital. Stocked up on DH's Arthritis Tylenol (450 pills 625mg) and dd2 got a Unicorn figurine to paint and slippers that were on clearance. Paid less than $9 for $45 worth.

Redeemed a Free hair cut coupon on dd2's hair tonight that I won at a Quarter Auction.

Roberta
Old 11-14-2018, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member

update on Anna. I FB spoke with her David has 2 spots of cancer, prostate (will be doing a biopsy to determine if it is scar tissue or new spot of cancer) and in the groin area because of his weight treatment options are limited. And this morning Cocoa died at home.

Roberta
Old 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing good.

Roberta, thanks for the update on Anna. I sure hope David will be ok. I'm sure she is worried and that it hurt them losing their pet. I know they love their dogs so much.

We are getting some cold weather and its been raining a little. Some areas may get ice tomorrow and I'm hoping it misses us. We had a little snow on the automobiles this morning. My frugals this week were saving 7 dollars on dog food, using up stuffing I had put in the freezer a long time ago to go with our roast supper this evening and canning 12 pints of apple butter today. There was probably enough for another jar but we just put it in the refrigerator to eat on. We wanted to make it while the apple house had the kind of apple we wanted in stock. Everyone stay warm and I hope your not getting bad weather.
Jean
Old 11-15-2018, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member

I am so sorry David and Anna are having to deal with this again. And how sad to lose Cocoa! They are in my prayers. Hoping for a better report soon.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Has anyone made ghee? I am planning to try it soon. It looks pretty simple, and the taste and health benefits seem well worth it. Plus, since it is shelf stable for years, it should be great for a stock up pantry.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Nine Year Member

Shopped at Publix today bought my turkey for 49 cents lb. Saved a lot of money on a 13 lb. turkey. With all the sales plus b1g1 saved $57.59. I love watching the sales to save on groceries each month.
________
Sueanne

Old 11-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good weekend. We were blessed with a sunny warm like day. I had a jacket on but it wasn't bad at all. We did get some snow or sleet Thursday evening but it left soon.

Laura, I had never heard of ghee before and looked it up to see what it was. Did you end up making it?

Sueanne, that's a good price on the turkey. You are good at catching those sale prices. That's a huge savings over time.

My frugals were getting a free fry at McDonalds and using up the leftover roast along with little amounts of broth I had been saving in the freezer to make homemade vegetable beef soup. I put in some leftover vegetables from the refrigerator along with others so its good to get those things used up. I took my turkey out of the freezer so it could begin thawing for Thanksgiving. I have a lot of cleaning and cooking coming up. Right now I'm making dh a cherry cobbler. Well enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Jean
Old 11-20-2018, 05:20 AM

Roberta and Laurie S

Thank you for posting updates on our situation here at home, it brought me to tears just seeing about Cocoa dying it's been a week today since our baby passed over the Rainbow Bridge, I miss her so much.

And on David because of his weight he can not have surgery. The tumours/masses they saw one is in the prostrate very very small and the other which is the size of a quarter is on his groin.. radiologist said the one on the groin is too close to the prostrate and they can not radiate the same place twice. The ablation surgery they wanted to do is no good without treating the other place so.. he will take hormone shots probably the rest of his life if it gets worse they will reconsider surgery options. Hormone therapy puts the cancer in to remission. So yes we have had a lot going on lately and unfortunately this site is so out of date in technology its hard to get on here anymore without doing passwords and it times you out too quickly versus FB.

Thank you Roberta for opening the thread this month.

So on a little happier note: Although our hearts are broken over the loss of Cocoa after 9 years of having her, with the neighborhood we live in and getting worse all the time with crime its really important that we have a big dog to act as a deterent to someone breaking in our home and yeah, forget about selling the house even if we wanted to no one would buy it in this area most likely. It wasn't like this when we moved here 24 years ago. So anyways we got a black lab mix from a shelter where my friend volunteers in Logan, Ohio. Unfortunately I don't know what they did on here but can not longer post photos another inconvenience. You can see her photos on my FB page. Shes 4 months old and 38 lbs.

Well off to do last minute shopping have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

Anna
Old 11-20-2018, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member

wow so sorry to hear about cocoa Anna, when I first got on here, you were talking about her, she will be missed...and prayers being said for your husband...we are also fighting cancer (my sister and my sister in law)...glad there is a treatment for David...

each weekend I get closer to having a winter garden...still have some microgreens under cover and am enjoying those...hope to put in some seeds for spinach this holiday...was able to tuck in the parsley beside some scallions...the oregano I brought inside for now...the rosemary did not make it indoors soon enough to survive...but sage is dried, peppers are dehydrated, pumpkin is frozen in quart baggies, and yogurt successfully made in the instant pot from dried milk...need to price out the least expensive way to keep my weekly yogurt supply in force

we'll have chicken, scallops, turkey, and salmon over Thanksgiving from three separate dinners, none of which are at my house! maybe I should sell my extra dish sets!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone.

Anna, I hope the new dog works out good in your family.I love labs and they are known as being a loyal family dog. My fil has prostrate cancer too and is taking the pills and shots because other treatments aren't a good choice at his age and I'm sure having bad black lung. His spread to one testicle but the doctor said the meds should take care of the cancer. I'm sorry David and you are going through this and wish you all the best.

Ellen, do the doctors think your sister's treatments have helped? I hope she and your sil will be ok. Selling those extra dish sets might help bring in some nice Christmas money.

I've been cleaning today and I'm worn out. I need to do more but I'm not sure how much more will get done. Tomorrow I need to cook ahead what I can for Thanksgiving because there will be plenty to do that day. I'm planning leftovers for supper so I guess that's my frugal for the day. I just wanted to wish each of you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you get to enjoy being with family or friends and have lots of yummy food.
Jean

Closed Thread