Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Stopping by to say Hi. I don't seem to be getting the notifications so I thought I'd better post something.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Old 10-23-2018, 01:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone.

Hi Laurie and Cau, hope you all are having a good week so far.

Roberta, I got my hamburger at IGA too. I had already bought potatoes so I didn't get any there. I wanted to get some of the sugar but the sugar at my store felt like a rock so I passed it up. I did get some of the mayonnaise and tomato juice on sale. I only go to this store when they have some really good sales on because here the prices regularly are very expensive on many things there. I hope you can get some time off work soon.

Frugal today is this is day 3 staying home and eating from home. I still have leftover sides from Sunday so I'll probably heat up some chicken strips to go with them for supper. Frugal also was using the soft spatula and getting out the last bit of mayonnaise out of the jar today. I don't like throwing even bits of things away. Well have a good evening everyone.
Jean
Old 10-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just my last post didnt print my message, not sure what happened. Dh picked up round steaks for me for $2.99 lb., cheap here. 2 were big enough to cut in half so I will get 5 meals out of 3 steaks. Also picked up deals at GFS

Old 10-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Nine Year Member

Today I stopped at Petco to use my $15 rewards as I was in that town for a Dr appt. I had decided to get cat litter as we were well stocked on dog & cat food. I was able to get 3 boxes 14lb ea on sale for $10 which had a $5 off coupon on them so I just paid sales tax!

I've been to busy to look at the sales ads so not doing any unneeded shopping.

Roberta
Old 10-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone.

Good savings on that meat Cau.

Roberta, thats a good score on the free cat litter.I hope your doctor appointment went good.

Anna, how is David doing?

Went and got a few groceries yesterday. I did pick up a few good deals at the discount grocery store. Frugal today is staying home and eating from home. Hallmark is starting their Christmas movies this evening so I'm planning on watching some movies. I know it's early but I love Christmas movies and pretty much everything that goes along with Christmas. I hope everyone has a good evening.
Jean
Old 11-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Nine Year Member

Just dropping in to say hello. It is good to see more posting here.
The usual frugals for me. Clearing out the freezers this week into next and being creative with leftovers.
Started picking up things here and there for the Grands for Christmas.
Hope everyone is well.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I have cube steaks in the crockpot for dinner. With the onion soup mix for flavor. Will use instant potatoes, Dh likes them; yuk. Plus carrots and green beans.

Been cleaning out my freezers too. I made lots of jam and jelly last week. Strawberry, Raspberry, huckleberry and elderberry. Won't need to make any for several years now.

My next things to work on will be beef and chicken broths.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member

Roberta – glad to hear the auctions are going well. Me too on ignoring the sale ads, just keeping coupons at the grocery store that I can actually use. Got my gift cards together and hoping to do Christmas with them. Sorry to hear about you being down in the dumps, at any rate, good you have the ear of your doctor so changes can be made if possible. You can count me in with you as an armchair traveler! I have been watching the UK one for finding a home in the ‘country.’ Except now I got rid of Netflix (and Hulu) to save some money and pay off the credit card.

Colleen! So glad to hear from you! I too am an itinerant poster lately, always great to catch up though. Hoping you get some relief on the medication front. Do you have an instant pot? I can do three frozen chicken breasts in there with a half cup of broth and some flavorings, 75 minutes later, done and shredded for soup or a meal or sandwich. Even ones that had a little freezer burn on them turned out nicely.

Connie, Hello! What's up in your neck of the woods? How is your husband doing? How are the kids? Jasmine and did she get another dog?

Jean, I like the cooler weather too, and really must remember to change from cotton to wool socks, damp toes are cold toes when walking outside. I miss the days when I gave the girls and hubby a warm breakfast and packed lunch. Now the girls are out of the house, dh is retired, and I am off to work by 7 am, just my lunch is packed and I eat breakfast at my desk (banana and yogurt). My girl friend loves Hallmark movies, and we watched part of the first Christmas one last night before watching the first episode of Season 4 Outlander, what a contrast in style and plot twists!

I have started my Christmas shopping but it isn’t shopping, it is knitting! I am a third of the way through and had to take the weekend off because my fingers hurt too much. The daughters will probably get gift cards, one for their new house (Lowe’s) by request. The other to restaurants in their home town. They like to eat out and are recently married, so it can be a romantic evening out.

Lauri, loyalty cards are nice. Recently I got some cards from a friend who was moving to California, the cards being for a local farm outfit I use to send Christmas food gifts from, it was very nice of her to do that! I also finally used the gas points from Giant Stores, reduced the price per gallon from $3.99 to $1.79. Doesn’t it feel good to get the freezer sorted and meals made for ‘free.’

Butterfly, great to hear from you! Is diamond anniversary the 25th one? A telegram from the Queen sounds wonderful. I am not good with world news and was surprised to hear Brexit was up for vote, I thought that was settled but maybe that was for Scotland? Our elections are tomorrow, still lots of fighting between parties, will be interesting to see what happens. I hope you are feeling better now.

LaurieS, do you do the bone broths? I love them, I am thinking of doing up some beans, much easier to open a can of them than to wait for them to cook, even if in the instant pot, they still take time.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-05-2018, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Hello All,

Popping in very quickly as it is bedtime here, but just wanted to let Ellen know that the diamond wedding anniversary is 60 years.

Will pop by tomorrow to catch up with all your news.

I do hope David, and Anna are ok.

Night all.

Closed Thread