Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I sent dh for sale on boneless, swkinless chicken breasts. The sale was for .99 cents a pound, didnt need them but too cheap to pass up

Old 10-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Nine Year Member

So glad to see some new posts from the old gang. lol.....
The usuals here for me. Couponing and using my loyalty cards to get good deals.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 10-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope your weekend is going good.

Cau, your right that price for chicken breast is too good to pass up. I'm glad your able to post some now. I'm sure its not been easy with your health issues.

Lauri, I too try to use the loyalty cards and what coupons I have. It all helps out. I was able to get 15 cents off each gallon of gas the other day.

Frugal for me is this is day 3 staying home and eating from home. Yesterday, I had leftovers for supper and fixed an omelette this evening. Dh did turn the heat on for the first time today but it really has turned cool. Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? I have two gifts so far. I'm trying to stretch it out so I won't have to buy everything at once. Its hard to believe how fast this year is going by. Well have a good night everyone.
Jean
Old 10-14-2018, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Afternoon all from a very soggy England!

Lovely to hear from you Coleen, Connie, Lauri and Jean.

Roberta, I am sorry to hear about your health issues, hope you feel brighter soon.

Anna, lovely to hear from you too. How is David doing?

Jean, an omelette sounds good, I havenít had one for a while, I think Iíll make one for lunch tomorrow.

I need to get my thinking cap on for Christmas. Before that, I have my parentís diamond wedding anniversary to celebrate on the 20th December. I need to arrange for a wedding anniversary telegram from the Queen to be sent to them.

Not much going on here, plugging away. Brexit is getting ever closer, and who knows what the outcome will be. As ever the media is pushing Ďproject fearí on us, probably to try and force a second referendum. I have decided not to read the papers to give me a break from all the doom and gloom mongering.

Take care all.

I hope Norma is ok, after the bad weather in her state.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Nine Year Member

Butterfly, good to hear from you as well as the others. Our media does the same, not much positive is reported on.

I have the weekend off, didn't get as much done as I wanted yesterday just didn't have the motivation/energy to go full tilt. It has been 18 weeks since I had a weekend off, they offered me a 11 hr shift today and I said NO. I will deal with the short paycheck only 15 hrs as I had Monday off to watch my grson.

Roberta
Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, hope your all's week started off good. We still had rain today but it was warmer.

Butterfly, you are a very nice daughter to your parents always seeing to them. I'm sure your a blessing to them. Their anniversary is the same day as my dh's birthday.

Roberta, that's a long time to not have a weekend off. I hope you got rested up. How is your grandson doing?

After staying home for 4 days dh and I went out to lunch today. We brought part of it home and ate it this evening. Dh was in bad need of tennis shoes so he got some and I picked up a few groceries. Stopped at the apple house and bought a bag of apples. The last bag I bought the owner had picked the apples the same day I bought them from his orchard. They are so much better than the bags of apples you can get at the store. Have a good night.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:53 AM
Nine Year Member

Morning all,

Roberta, very wise to give yourself a rest, how are you feeling today? How old is your grandson now?

Jean, how nice to be able to have a trip out from home. The apples sound good, I know what you mean about the supermarket bagged apples. I have not bought apples for sometime as they are so expensive.

Very quiet here, I came down with a stomach bug yesterday and slept 13 hours overnight! Just got up, and now watching Fr Mitch Pacwa on Ewtn while the washing machine is whirring away. I am not roman catholic but I enjoy some of the programmes on Ewtn as I like the depth they go into.

I hope you are all doing ok, and hope to hear from you.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:45 AM
Nine Year Member

Butterfly, I am feeling rested with my weekend off work. I watch a lot of shows on the BBC-America channel. I love the different Planet Earth series, traveling the world on budget on the couch!

Roberta
Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, hope you all had a good weekend. We are getting cooler weather but not bad for the time of year it is.

I had a busy weekend of grocery shopping, cleaning and cooking. We had a cookout for yds birthday yesterday. It's always good to have the boys and dil over. I don't get to see them much and my heart aches to see them. Hard to believe my baby is 25 . The only frugal thing I can think of was getting 15 cents off each gallon of gas over the weekend and getting over 9 pounds of hamburger for 1.88 a pound. Also got sausage and one roast on a good sale. Well just wanted to say hi and hope you all have a good day.
Jean
Old 10-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Nine Year Member

I shopped at an IGA grocery 25 min from my house when I got off work Saturday evening and picked up 7.5 lbs ground chuck for $1.89 lb (limit was 2 containers), 2 english roasts for $2.79, 10 lb Ohio grown potatoes $1.99, 3 4lb sugar for $.99 ea.

I've just been so busy outside of the house I'm not getting much done in the yard or inside the house. Last week and this week I'm working 6 days and have plans on my day off.

Roberta

Closed Thread