Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Nine Year Member

Morning all,

Thanks for the welcomes back.

Anna, the receptionist job sounds perfect.

Your homemade milkshakes sound good, and so much nicer for being cheaper. It always intrigues me with what different things we eat. I have no idea what grits are, and have never heard of northern beans, but they sound good. Reminds me of the Laura Ingalls books where they have beans hot from the stove.

Hello Lauri, glad that you are feeling brighter. What homemade mixes do you make?

Roberta, your holiday trip sounded nice. Oh my, on all the hospital visits.

Today, is going to be another hot day of bright sunshine at 30 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit, rough calculation). So, I will wash the towels and sheets and get them dried on the outside airers.

Also, I need to check my bank balance and squirrel some money away into the long term savings account that is sadly depleted from our summer holiday.

Then itís the usual Monday housework, but I will sit and crochet in front of the fan, while watching the European Championships from Glasgow.

I hope you all have a nice Monday.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, I'm praying that God will give you the right job.
How is your son in law doing?

Hello to everyone!
Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member

Butterfly I make up my own taco seasoning, spice blends and things like bbq sauce, ranch dressing. I don't think it is really much cheaper but I am using what I have and they are better for you.
I am working on some reorganizing in my kitchen. My kitchen is small and I have so much stuff that I like to keep at my fingertips.
Anna wishing you the best on the job hunt.
Hello Laurie!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member

The mixes you make yourself Lauri are so much healthier without all the chemicals to give them the shelf life.

I am in a use it up mode. Gathered up 12 new pencils that were giveaways and sharpened for dd2 to start the year with. I know I have more around the house. We pick up schedules tonight.

Roberta
Old 08-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Nine Year Member

just lurking, good to see you back Butterfly!
all good here, just getting ready for daughter's Sept wedding...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 08-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Kroger has a good Mega 5 sale going on that I saved 73% at. Still didn't have a few items I was wanting in stock so will stop back tomorrow to see if they restocked the shelf if not will get rain checks. I'm in need of $.38 toilet cleaner.

Roberta
Old 08-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member

I was able to get the rest of my list at Kroger & CVS's sales and saved 90% with sale, coupons, rebates. 6 bottles of Toilet bowl cleaner for $.316 ea has me stocked up for a good while, 5 tubes Crest Pro Health for $.198 ea, 10 Suave Pro shampoo/conditioners for $.464 ea, 12 U by Kotex pads/liners for just tax.

School started today!

Roberta
Old 08-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Nine Year Member

Still packing lunch.

Have been returning items to Michaels crafts that will not be used for the wedding, and trying to use their coupons, both print and smart phone wise.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 08-20-2018, 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone

Though I've been home haven't been sitting in one place too long.

The animal clinic, they did call me in for a interview, very interesting. It was called a Group Interview. There were 5 applicants including myself and the whole staff of the clinic. They actually closed the business down to do this. It was a little awkward seeing your competition and we were all ask the same thing and each of us had to answer as they went around. I had taken a test drive out there the weekend before, it was a good distance from the house taking 3 freeways to get there so that was strike 1 on my list. So after they ask all their questions and I ask "what are the hours"? Oh some days you will work 8am to 1pm then other days you will work 8am to 7pm Oh but we give you a break". Umm No. Then I said "Ok. Im going to ask the question no one has ask "what is the starting salary"? Oh we'll tell you that during your second interview". Strike 3. So I talked to David that night and knowing I had a interview for another place the next day.. I said I am not so sure I can do long hours like that plus the drive to and from we're talking about 11 to 12 hours away from home including the drive time. The next day I got a email saying they had chosen someone else so it all worked out. I interviewed for the second job and got it. It is part time to start 1pm to 5pm Mon thru Fri and then eventually I will work full time. My job is Mail Room Clerk I open, sort and deliver mail to all the staff. Thankfully I learned how to use a letter stamping machine when I worked pest control last year.. I'll also learn how to use a sorting machine and a laminating machine. The other parts of the job will be back up for the receptionist and working in the property management dept. it pays $2.50 more per hour than my last job but of course its half the hours but we're o.k. with that for now. Its in downtown Columbus the company is in property management and construction for Affordable Housing for low income. So definitely something I want to learn more about. They do community service every month for places like food pantries, that kind of thing non profit. We do get paid for our time. They have several offices in other states so praying this is a better fit for me.

Lauri and LaurieS thanks for the good wishes and everyone else who offerred sorry there were a good many posts this time.

Butterfly I don't know how to describe grits? Its a ground up corn like Cream of Wheat but we eat it with butter and salt, some people eat it just like Cream of Wheat with sugar and milk.

I have added a link:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl..._B0wFHoECAkQCQ
Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM

LaurieS

I'm sorry I forgot that you ask .. my son in law is cancer free praise God! He had a rough way to go and the drama with my daughter didn't help but we got a text last week that he is cancer free. We now have a church member same original diagnosis but his has spread to his liver and until they finish his treatments for the thyroid and lymph nodes cancer they can't even think about starting on his liver. He is in a bad position, he works part time at our church as the camera man and had another p/t job sweeping the streets at night (with a riding machine) he had to quit because of the treatments so he has no income coming in, his wife doesn't work and though she doesn't have a medical reason not to she says she can't work.. so he worries about what is going to happen to her when or if he's gone. Hes 62 and she isn't old enough to be eligible for widows pension. So prayers for our friend Paul are welcome.

Closed Thread