Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning. It is So quiet here. I hope you are all having a good weak.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-30-2018, 05:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Been working on My Moringa & Papaya trees that I have had for a few years to get stronger after the last cold wave. Sawed off old branches and cutting tops to encourage new growth until I see green underneath trying to appear. Think they know I am trying to help them seem to be getting taller. Older trees are worth the wait to keep growing since their cuttings are the same age as the tree giving them a head start to bloom.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member

Finally got the last of the mulch out of the driveway and into the flower beds yesterday.

Need to rework the budget with the 2nd car payment now belt will be tightened back up. No more take out for us.

Roberta
Old 05-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Nine Year Member

Divided my Moringa trees that I bought last year that were planted in a large tub outside. Planted them in individual large black pots with holes at the bottom. With all the afternoon showers don't want them to rot. They came out easy without damaging any roots. Used some good potting soil with fertilizer in it already. I need these plants to start growing fast since they are the larger variety that I paid extra for and I do eat the leaves every day. I will now have four trees to work with.
_______
Sueanne

Old 05-31-2018, 07:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope your all doing good and had a good holiday.

Ellen, is the heat making riding your bike harder or are you just used to it? We've been getting so much humid weather that I don't like to be in it long. I really do admire you for getting all that exercise.

Susanne, I hope all your moringa trees grow good for you. Does your dh and son eat the leaves too?

Lauri, hope your doing good .

Roberta, congrats on the new car. I can understand having to tighten the budget because ever since dh got a new(used) truck our budget is very tight . Hopefully, both of our autos will run good for a long time.

Frugal for me has been staying home most days, eating lots of leftovers, reusing some pieces of tin foil, using 2 hair conditioner free samples, cutting open the hair conditioner and body wash bottle to get the last out as well as putting water in the liquid soap bottle to get more use, getting 7 dollars off walmart bill and getting a gas discount on fill up. We had a nice memorial day because the kids were here. Dh grilled some chicken and I fixed some side dishes to go with it. I hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.
Jean
Old 06-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Nine Year Member

Jean, My Ds buys the Moringa pills that are 5,000 mg that he opens and adds to water to make a drink in the morning. Have a bag of dried that I got as a gift to add to cooking for us too. Like the fresh fresh best to use in cooking & smoothies and on toast with cinnamon & honey. They do slow down growing when it gets colder so freeze them in freezer bags to have on hand. Can buy a tree for what they charge for the pills. So far they are keeping us healthier.
The smaller pot will be easier to bring indoors at night when it gets colder!
The one papaya tree has started taking off I am sure there will be plenty of papaya's soon. Covered the roots with a bag of soil with fertilizer today to give the other one a boost. Love these trees can use them green or ripe in cooking.
Enjoy talking on Gardening websites about our fruit trees all around the world.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:19 PM

June Tread Now Open 2018

https://www.familycorner.com/forums/...ne-2018-a.html

Closed Thread