Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member

As I keep telling dd2, everything takes practice to become good at it!

I've adjusted my Kroger shopping to Fri-Sun to take advantage of the 4X gas points offer. Now this summer spending $100 will save me $14 at the pump. I've bought gift cards in the past few months for places I will shop for the gas points. I think of it as a little rebate for my efforts.

Frugal was remembering before ordering more checks that the account we have now pays for the checks. So instead of turning in the reorder form I went in and told them I wanted "the free checks".

Roberta
Old 05-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, hope your day was good.

Ellen, the extra your spending on fruits and vegetables may save big time in your medical bills. Your investing in your future health so I think that's very wise.

Roberta, those gas savings will really add up. Is the price of gas going up in your area? It has been here where I live.

Anna, how's your sil doing with the cancer?

Today we needed dog food along with a few other things. I went to Wal-Mart and another grocery store and saved 8 dollars in coupons. Its been really warm so the ac is running most of the time. Have a good night,
.Jean
Old 05-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Yes Jean, gas is running $2.86. Jumped $.25 at the beginning of the week.

Roberta
Old 05-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Dang it was 2.99 a gallon here. Luckily I had 90 cents off a gallon for this time.
Hello Ellen, Jean, Roberta and Anna.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi girls, hope everyone had a good day. It has been very humid here.

Roberta, I think the gas here was 2.56 or maybe 2.59 yesterday. I don't know if its higher today. I heard on the news probably a few weeks ago to expect a big increase and that it would go over 3 dollars a gallon. Ours was like 2.30 something not long ago.

Lauri, that's really good you could get off 90 cent a gallon that was a big savings. In our local grocery store you have to earn 150 points from the store and then you can get 15 cents off each gallon on one fill up. It takes a good while to get enough points because most of the items are more expensive in this store so I mainly shop at walmart and now a little from the discount store and savealot. I'm always happy when I do have enough because it all helps.

Today I've been home all day and fixed food we had on hand. I used up a couple small leftovers. Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.
Jean
Old 05-12-2018, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member

Thought I would share this in case anyone still has a Kmart near them.
Kmart is offering a FREE item of your choice when you text DEALS to 56278. Choose from a free Hunts Snack Pack Pudding, 4-pack of Gatorade, Fruit Punch or Berry Juice 62 oz, Essential Everyday dry grocery item, can of Chef Boyardee or 4lb bag of Smart Sense Sugar. Limit one per customer. Valid through May 30, 2018.

Roberta

Old 05-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, we don't have Kmart anywhere close but I hope lots of people will be able to get those free items.

Just wanted to wish all the mothers and grandmothers a wonderful mother's day. I hope it's a special day.

Frugal today was staying home and all food from home. I've cooked, cleaned some and made some candy that the kids like in case I see them. Have a good night.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:18 AM
Nine Year Member

Thanks for the heads up on Kmart Roberta. We have one about 20 minutes away. I still go and I'm still with shop your way.
Happy Mother's day to all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member

I really hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday! I was at our camp with friends and family and got to drive home with my daughter so we caught up with each other, while we were both tired from camp, it was really nice, not often we get one on one time anymore.

My daughters got me a FitBit for Mother's Day so now I need to learn how to use it, I do a lot more steps than I thought I did! that alone is great!

Frugal for me? getting to take home the leftovers from our weekend, and we all took a meal to make for the others so saving money on meal prep and groceries was good too.

Thanks Jean for reminding me that being healthy means making healthy choices! If I can get rid of the cpap, medications, and reduce the possibility of future health problems, the money spent will be worth it.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 05-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Used my Lowe's rewards gift coupons to buy fruit trees yesterday. Was $40 so was able to buy 2 pear trees & 1 peach tree. Ds gave me money too. These are special tree that are meant to grow in Florida. They are a nice size so should get fruit sooner. Love when they flower in the spring.
________
Sueanne

Closed Thread